SORT BY Relevancy
How do we, as the ALS patients, assess is the validity of the alternative or off-label treatments we hear about through friends and family or to the media? ALS expert Dr. Richard Bedlack of Duke University will discuss his research and leadership of ALS Untangled-- "A Scientific Approach to Off-Label Treatment Options for People with ALS Using Tweets and Twitters".This series is created to connect ALS patients with the ALS research community, to educate and empower them to make educated choices about their care. Listen in to this important show.
ALS Crowd Radio: Dr. Jonathan Katz on the "Right to Try"
Join us for our interview with Barb Newhouse, President and CEO of the ALS Association,. Discussion topics will include the Association's mission and vision, the ice bucket challenge, and emerging topics in the field of ALS research.
Join us for our interview with Dr. Eva Feldman of the University of Michigan. Topics will include Dr. Feldman expertise in ALS stem cell research.
Learn more about the deep work being done by Dr. Jeffrey Rothstein at the Brain Science Institute at Johns Hopkins in ALS research and how collaboration of many institutions can drive ALS research at a faster pace.
What is the latest in ALS therapy and innovation? ALS expert Dr. Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc of Massachusetts General Hospital will join us for our very first ALS Crowd show to give patients an update on the very latest research and findings for ALS patients. This new series is created to connect ALS patients with the ALS research community, to educate and empower them to make educated choices about their care. Listen in to this important and inagural show.
Rez and Andy welcome Nancy Frates to the show, the mom behind the $220 MILLION DOLLAR ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in 2014.
On March 13, 2011 Nancy Frates' son, 27 year old Peter, was diagnosed with ALS, and her world changed forever. They were told there is no treatment or cure and the prognosis is 2-5 years. She also discovered, that as the disease progresses, the average cost for an ALS patient to live with the disease is $280,000.00 per year.
Spurred to action, Nancy and Pete and the team they call "Team Frate Train" championed August 2014’s global movement, The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, which spread worldwide and raised over 220 million dollars for ALS.
Also on the show, Becky Moore, Executive Director of the ALS Association's Evergreen Chapter. Becky will tell us about the needs of the local chapters and what services they provide to ALS patients.
Living Life On Purpose features authors & experts on a wide variety of topics including: Spirituality, Sustainability, Optimal Health & Wellbeing, and Inspirational Authors, Musicians and Entertainers.
My Guest today is: Sharon Casey
Sharon is the Co-Founder of an organic and sustainable farm called Towani Farms. Learn about the lifestyle and mindset of organic farmers who actually have made a living as farmers for the past 27 years. Towani Farms is also branching out into being a "CSA" or farm that is supported by the community.
Music for the show gratefully provided by Mona Garcia.
For more information about the show, to become a guest or show sponsor: Contact Suzanne
Join Host Live Chats
- Mindzmatter (69 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (23 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (18 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (17 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- Witch School (16 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (14 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (9 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (8 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (7 chatters)
- RoxieZw (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Odwirafo (5 chatters)
- G220 Radio (4 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (4 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (4 chatters)
- in5d (4 chatters)
- Ashes2Beauty (4 chatters)
- Awakened BEloved Community (4 chatters)
- BeverlyD (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- RLS Network (4 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- NCI Radio (3 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (2 chatters)
- New Colony Network (2 chatters)
- Purpose Living Radio (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (2 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- ANT Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Sports Network (1 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (1 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (1 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (1 chatters)