SORT BY Relevancy
"I had a choice: I could just be angry about it but do nothing about it except just focus on my own sense of loss. Or I could make the most of something bad by turning it into an opportunity to do something for other people. LIVESTRONG motivated me to choose the latter."
Two-time cancer survivor Alex Hohmann will talk about his fundraising for the LIVESTRONG Foundation and life after cancer.
Since his diagnosis, Alex has used social networking tools to connect with fellow cancer survivors, fundraise for various cancer charities, educate young men about testicular cancer, and advocate for cancer research and awareness.
Call-in # 1-347-850-8445
About our guest:
Alex Hohmann came to the United States from Brazil the first time when he was only two years old and settled permanently in this country thirty years ago just before starting college in Philadelphia, where he would go on to live for many years. He continued on to pursue graduate degrees in economics and in finance and currently works in the telecom industry. He was first diagnosed with cancer in 1996 and again in 2008, the second diagnosis prompting him to want to do more to support cancer causes. He has been living in New Jersey with his husband Sean since 2002 and spends his free time fundraising, running, gardening and complaining about rightwing politicians.
Join us tonight as we speak to Ulman Cancer Fund President/CEO Brock Yetso and Program Manager Laura Scruggs for an exclusive roundtable event highlighting their foundation's programs, mission and impact for young adults with cancer. Survivor spotlight Stephanie Madsen, founder of “Derailing My Diagnosis”.
We're kicking off Season 14 in style with a 30-minute exclusive sit-down interview with famed NY Times blogger, motivational speaker and young adult cancer survivor/advocate Suleika Jaouad. Joining her will be her long time boyfriend Seamus McKiernan. Chris Brewer (Deputy Director External Affairs, LIVESTRONG) in the survivor spotlight.
What is living inside of you?
It is stated that, over 50% of Americans have a parasitic infection, and Livestrong quotes the World Health Organization: over 3.5 million people worldwide are infected with parasites, BUT also states that Americans are not as susceptible as others because of our general sanitary environments.
Read more at http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/2013/03/28/true-or-false-everyone-has-parasites-in-their-body/#ooAGLyyitiEdBC2B.99
IT'S TIME TO CLEANSE, REPLENISH AND RESTORE YOUR BODY!
Join us tonight for an exclusive 30 minute interview with Dr. Robert Zembroski, who rebuilt his bodyafter harrowing cancer treatment and is leading his patients and the public to the benefits of a therapeutic lifestyle, integrating nutrition, exercise, and stress management. Survivor spotlight on author/blogger Annie Katz
Andre Farnell, CSCS, HFS owner of Better Body Expert LLC s is a leading Fitness Success Coach™ who has worked with US Army troops earning a Batallion Coin, CEO's, executives, celebrities and everyday people across the globe.
Andre's cutting edge integrative methods have been featured in INC. Magazine, Women's Health, MSNBC , Shape's Top 50 Hottest Trainers, Livestrong, MTV, Bloomberg Business Week and awarded by the American Heart Association as a Heart Saver.
Andre has melded behavioral science, human ontology, psychology, exercise physiology, personal experiences, unique spiritual & physical exercise programming into the Better Body Method™
Connect with Deb:
Kyle Richards was born in Hollywood, California into an acting family, and landed her first role at the age four in Disney’s “Escape to Witch Mountain,” where she played the younger version of her sister, child actress and fellow Housewife, on the BRAVO cable network hit show, "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"), Kim Richards. He other sister, Kathy Hilton, is the mother of Nicky and Paris Hilton. Kyle says she has been lucky enough to have had some great roles in TV and film including “Little House on The Prairie,” “Carter Country,” “Down To Earth”, “E.R.”, “Halloween,” and “The Watcher in the Woods.” Now, on “The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills”, I show the ups and downs of my fabulous, - and sometimes not-so-fabulous life. She is a staunch advocate for the fight against Cancer and recently completed a 68 mile arduous bicycle ride in Napa, California to raise money for the Livestrong Foundation, as well as the Napa-area hospitals supporting people with cancer, and were the highest fund raisers. Since Kyle's last visit to Olivia Wilder Times, she has opened a successful store, Kyle, by Alene Too, in Beverly Hills. The link to her store is: http://www.kylebyalenetoo.com/ Married for sixteen years to, (in Kyle's words): "the love of my life, Mauricio Umansky, a high-end realtor of The Agency, he still makes my heart melt." Her greatest passion is being a mother to her four daughters - Farrah (24), Alexia (17), Sophia (13) and Portia (5).
What do the some of the most successful people in the world say about achieving and defining success? Few people have had the exposure and have asked the questions that most people are asking, "what is success and how do I get there?" like James Marshall Reilly.
James shared the incredible advice he received from Zappos founder Tony Hsieh and Doug Ullman (founder of Livestrong) and many others.
James Marshall Reilly is an entrepreneur, strategic consultant and author who set out on a mission to find out exactly how the most lauded of this generation—top business leaders, ideators, humanitarians and social entrepreneurs—have defined and achieved success. And what he discovered is that we have landed in a new place not only in terms of generational expectations and new technology, but in terms of education, perceived limitations, and the job market as well.
His book, Shake the World: It’s Not About Finding a Job, It’s About Creating a Life, features in-depth interviews with Tony Hsieh (Zappos), Doug Ulman (CEO and President of LIVESTRONG), Elizabeth Gore (Executive Director of Global Partnerships at the United Nations Foundation), and Blake Mycoskie (Founder of TOMS), along with many of the other top entrepreneurs, business leaders, philanthropists, social entrepreneurs, and humanitarians on the planet. What he learned was that despite their different fields of interest, they’re all using similar tools to seize opportunities and redefine success. But perhaps more importantly, he concluded that the rest of us can model the behaviors of these highly successful individuals as a means to achieve and sustain success of our own, however we may individually define the term.
30 Minutes of Mojovation with guest, Rica Mendes, LIVESTRONG Leader & Fundraising Cyclist. If you or someone you know has been touched by cancer, you'll definitely want to hear this inspirational story! Want to get involved? Support Rica as she pedals her way to help find a cure at, RicaLIVESTRONG.blogspot.com
This morning we’ll be discussing the Tour De Pier which will take place at the Manhattan Beach Pier on Sunday, May 19 and we have a great panel of guests to tell us all about it.
Heath Gregory is the President of Baron Real Estate and partner in The Strand House restaurant.
He currently has three family members who are fighting terminal cancer: Brother-in-Law (Brain), Grandmother (Luekemia) and an Uncle (Colon).
Heath is a lifelong cycling fan who participated in a similar event put on by the Livestrong Foundation in Barcelona at the 2009 Tour de France.
A friend of Heath’s, Jon Hirshberg, who lost his father to pancreatic cancer and helped found the Hirshberg Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer approached him with the idea of doing a spin bike fundraiser.
Heath was all in from the start.
Craig Hummer is a seven-time U.S. Ocean Ironman Champion and winner of over forty National and International Lifesaving Titles.
The Emmy-nominated sports broadcaster has been involved in the alternative and action/lifestyle sports market for over twenty years; first as a professional athlete in Ocean Ironman racing, then as a commentator who has now widened his expertise into multiple sports.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ To Find Out More about Jackie Balestra visit http://www.SouthbayByJackie.com To Find Out More Your Host, Joe Terry ... On Facebook at ... http://www.Facebook.com/TheSouthBayShow Or our Website at ... http://www.TheSouthBayShow.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (148 chatters)
- John Baptist (102 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (62 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (32 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (31 chatters)
- RCRadio (29 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- DDP Radio (19 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (16 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (16 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (16 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (14 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (13 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (13 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (10 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (10 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (9 chatters)
- David and Wes (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (9 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (8 chatters)
- Odwirafo (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (7 chatters)
- 12kyle (6 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (6 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (4 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (4 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (4 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (3 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (3 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (3 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Power Hour1 (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Barbara Graver (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Fluent Motion (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Needs Met (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- The Flash of Life (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- WGUM Glory United Ministries (0 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (0 chatters)