SORT BY Relevancy
Matthew Truhan of Murad joins us on Life Lessons to provide advice to young entrepreneurs.
Originally from Orange County, California this musician, surfer and now corporate success shares life lessons from his parents and from his community oriented company- Murad.
Hear about the core values of Murad and how they walk the talk.
Listen to Matthew's experience as a mentor and his advice to the graduating class of 2016!
This show is presented by iConnect POS and Gracefully-Yours, America's favorite inspirational greeting cards, fine art and journals. Visit www.gracefully-yours.com
Hear five profound lessons taught by a sensible Daddy around skateboarding:
1. Keep your balance
2. Stand up after you fall
3. Good fallers fear less
4. The risk of pain is the joy
5. Stop thinking
This show is presented by gracefully-yours.com, home for life lessons books and gear.
Transformed Traveler features Gary Marriage. Gary's team have identified their own style of transformative travel....creating long term, economic change by applying entrepreneurial skills.
Also on today's Life Lessons show is Marty Babits.
This show is sponsored by Rowman & Littlefield's Life Lessons from Family Vacations book, now available on www.amazon.com.
Anne Stom of Ace Hardware featured on Ace Life Lessons show. Anne's stores are in the Washington D.C. market.
1. We think that Ace is the epicenter for communities. Tell us how your community depends on you.
2. On our Ace shows, we have heard a pattern/trend in leadership we call collaborative intelligence. This is where Ace employees consider a problem that has to be solved by a homeowner or a community and goes about solving it in the most judicious manner. Give us an example.
3. Ace owners are rewriting the book on succession planning in America. With 28 million small businesses at work today, how is Ace getting third generation millennials on-boarded to take over the family business?
4. Inside the community theme, the Ace show has uncovered stories on hard situations and obstacles that have been overcome. One example is the Gilliam family going through three fires at their LA store. How does a store rebound after crashing and burning? Give us an example from your store.
5. At the center of Ace is doing business at the speed of thought and truly knowing your community. How do you balance your community priorities with gathering, managing, and using information to win as a store owner?
6. Ace has enlightened hospitality. Share a story on delivery of services or products and how customers feel.
7. Building friendships instead of a network shows an important nuance to young business owners. Ace owners focus on a higher purpose and intention to deliver happiness. Give us an example.
8. What is your Ace ethos for the future in the DC area? Example: Millennials and Gen Z shoppers can expect Ace to be trendy, adventurous and a valued partner in their lives.
This show is presented by Gracefully-Yours greeting cards and journals...America's fav! Visit www. shop.gracefully-yours.com
ABC Family network is launching The New Vintage Family based on author Drenda Keesee's concept. Join us in our conversation with Drenda today.
1. What changes have you seen in our culture negatively affecting modern
2. What aspects of vintage families would you like to bring back?
3. Most families today need two incomes to survive. How can mom’s stay home
with their kids?
4. How were you and your husband able to start a business from home with five
kids? How did you balance your work and home life?
5. I know you started with a lot of debt. How did you get out of debt and start
6. I understand you homeschooled your kids. Why did you decide to do that?
7. How were you able to homeschool and run a business?
8. You are in the enviable position of having had a good relationship with your
kids when they were teens. All of your children grew up to work in the
ministry and business with you and your husband. How exactly did you
prevent your kids from rebelling?
9. What is your best advice for other moms out there trying to win the battle for
10. Were can our readers find a copy of your book, The New Vintage Family?
This show is presented by Gracefully-yours.com, America's favorite inspirational greeting cards, fine art and journals.
Ace Hardware Life Lessons with Rick Baalmann with Rick Tocquigny. Rick Baalmann's stores are in the Missouri and Southern Illinois market.
Rick is a fifth generation St. Louisian, his family has been selling hardware in St. Louis for more than 100 years!
He owns four Rick’s Ace Hardware Stores, located in St Louis MO, Centralia and Highland IL.
This show is presented by Gracefully-Yours greeting cards and journals. Visit www.shop.gracefully-yours.com for more information on our Church Kitchen Ladies brand.
Join Trina as she interviews another trailblazer – Candice Camille, the Wellologist. TRAILBLAZERS are people who decide to do things on their own terms. They start new initiatives. They reinvent themselves. They BLAZE A TRAIL.
Candice Camille is a woman of strength and grace. She has overcome many trials and is embracing a whole new purpose, fueled by her passion for healthy living. Learn more about the lessons she learned in life and business through her remarkable journey
For Wellologist Candice Camille, wellness is who she is! When you experience Candice Camille, you get a strong sense that everything about you is about to change. With a very engaging, but very direct approach to life, one is left with a sense of urgency to do something NOW, once you depart her presence. With her boundless energy, infectious laughter, genuine enthusiasm for life and a body that epitomizes fit and healthy, one cannot help but be convinced that 50+ can indeed be the new 30. Learn more about her on line at http://candicecamille.com/
About your host: Trina Ramsey is a career and life strategist, specializing in personal transformation and career transition. With 20 years of experience in business and management, Trina's is a "people person" and a change agent. She is on a mission to help people to discover the joy in life and make more empowered decisions. Visit Trina online at mycoachtrina.com. Get your FREE guide: 5 Signs it’s Time to Leave Your Job at http://bit.ly/ItsTime2Go
Can you get smarter? Life Lessons on aging with Rick Tocquigny
This show is presented by Gracefully-Yours greeting cards and journals....America's favorite inspirational product. Visit www.shop.gracefully-yours.com for information on their fabulous Church Kitchen Ladies product.
Robert Peernock appeared to have the ideal life; working as a pyrotechnics engineer and computer expert and coming home to his wife and daughter, Peernock projected the American dream. Even when he and his wife separated, it seemed amicable, just a small bump for the well-to-do family. But there was madness in his house: in private, Peernock was violent, subtly manipulative, and bordering on psychotic. But the horrifying details of his home life would only come to light after Peernock finally lost all control.
Peernock had come home, brutally beat both his wife and daughter, force fed them alcohol, and deliberately sent them to their death behind the wheel, staging it to look like a drunk driving accident. He didn't foresee that his daughter would survive, and even with years of abuse, her attempted murder, and horrendous injuries, he never anticipated that she would speak so powerfully against him.
Throughout his trial, Peernock claimed a massive government conspiracy against him. He hired and fired lawyers multiple times, deadlocking juries and spinning a web of lies. NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Anthony Flacco (IMPOSSIBLE ODDS, THE ROAD OUT OF HELL) chronicles the sensational trial and all the terror that preceded it, looking deep into the mind of a deranged killer whose American dream was a waking nightmare for those trapped within it.
Once a successful whistleblower, Peernock denied his involvement in the murder, claiming a conspiracy against him on all levels. Confounding the justice system, hiring and firing lawyers, representing himself, saying everyone was against him. After numerous tense trials, Peernock was finally sentenced to life in prison, though those close to him still live in fear. A CHECKLIST FOR MURDER: The True Story of Robert John Peernock-Anthony Flacco
Life Lessons presents The Healing Power of Hip Hop by Raphael Travis Jr.
Offers a passionate look into existing tensions aligned with Hip Hop and demonstrates the beneficial quality it can have empowering its audience. His unique perspective takes Hip Hop out of the negative light and shows readers how Hip Hop has benefited the Black community.
Organized to first examine the social and historical framing of Hip Hop culture and Black experiences in the United States, the remainder of the book is dedicated to elaborating on consistent themes of excellence and well-being in Hip Hop, and examining evidence of new ambassadors of Hip Hop culture across professional disciplines.
Connects the latest research conclusions about Hip Hop's influences with actual examples of its practice and applied value in action. Identifies education, health and mental health, and afterschool settings as key to promoting health and well-being. Disentangles arguments about whether Hip Hop culture is more of a tool for empowerment or a tool for risk promotion. Explains Hip Hop's ongoing contributions to health and learning, with attention to the Black community.
Raphael Travis Jr., DrPH, is associate professor of social work at Texas State University in San Marcos. His published works include the articles "Rap Music and the Empowerment of Today’s Youth: Evidence in Everyday Music Listening, Music Therapy, and Commercial Rap Music"; "Empowerment-Based Positive Youth Development: A New Understanding of Healthy Development for African American Youth"; and "Ethnic Identity, Self-Esteem and Variability in Perceptions of Rap Music’s Empowering and Risky Infl uences."
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (66 chatters)
- John Baptist (66 chatters)
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (64 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (54 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (44 chatters)
- Common Sense Nation (18 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (14 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (13 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (12 chatters)
- MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (11 chatters)
- BULLY BLOCK RADIO LIVE (8 chatters)
- Black Afrikan Infrastructure Radio (7 chatters)
- Tarhaka (7 chatters)
- Theresa J Morris (6 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (5 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (5 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (5 chatters)
- Contra Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Bridging The Gap of Georgia (4 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- theghettotruthMagazine (4 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (4 chatters)
- Thats Novel (4 chatters)
- superdaveshow (4 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (4 chatters)
- thelordshour (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- Odwirafo (3 chatters)
- Cheri Roberts (3 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ (2 chatters)
- The Gray Matter (2 chatters)
- THE HITZ TEAM (2 chatters)
- The Advise Show (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- TM HYMAN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (1 chatters)
- Powertalk with OG Mack Drama (1 chatters)
- Reppa Radio (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- CynCity Radio (1 chatters)
- Hillbilly Express (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- WORLD STREET HIP HOP (0 chatters)