SORT BY Relevancy
We've been excited about this show for quite some time and honored to work with one of the leading addiction recovery centers in the United States, Addiction Campuses. Olivia Quintanilla, Market Director, and Brian Sullivan, Public Relations Manager, from their Tennessee and Texas campuses join us for a heartfelt, candid, and startling discussion about what is happening in the United States for anyone struggling with addiction issues.
Please visit our blog for the full article and contact information.
Some of the questions Olivia and Brian answered on our show are listed below:
1. What would you say is the addiction that you get the most calls about?
2. What do you believe is the answer to the nation’s epidemic?
3. Your company also is a leader in addiction education and awareness. What specific campaign are you currently working on?
4. Tell us more about your new Texas campus?
5. What about cost for your program?
6. How does an educated mom in an upper middle class neighborhood start an addiction to drugs like heroin?
7. What area do most of your calls come from?
8. Do you all believe it’s better to go away for rehab or stay close to home?
9. A lot of people feel like because they don’t have insurance or money that they have nowhere to turn. What would you say to them?
10. What do you all hope to accomplish in your awareness campaigns?
Our website is www.addictioncampuses.com. We have LIVE chat available. Our hotline is 24 hours a day 7 days a week at 1.888.614.2251.
Are you a sex addict? Is sex addiction controlling your life? This broadcast of Diggin Deep with Dontá will feature special guest AD Burks, author of 'Sex and Surrender: An Addicts Journey.'
Sexual indiscretion is front page news. From sports stars to entertainers to politicians and religious leaders, story after story chronicles risky sexual behavior and addiction that shatters a multitude of promising lives. Do we know what motivates this kind of destructive behavior and can it be cured? More importantly can it be prevented? A.D. Burks is going to offer listeners a fresh four-step approach to solving one of today's most misunderstood and troubling compulsions. Also, he will be discussing his ITSOK2W8 campaign which promotes abstinence and self-worth.
For more more info about A.D. Burks visit his website http://www.sexsurrender.com
Does sex addiction really exist? A new study published in last week’s journal ofSocioaffective Neuroscience and Psychology suggests that maybe it doesn’t—bad news for celebrities like Tiger Woods and Russell Brand who have made it trendy in recent years to claim a clinical addiction to sex as an explanation for sexual misbehavior.
The study (which, amazingly, is the first of its kind) measured how the brains of people who struggle with sexually compulsive behavior respond to sexual images. If sex can be addictive in the clinical sense, scientists theorized, then the neural response of sex addicts to ography should mimic the neural responses of drug or alcohol addicts to their drugs of choice. Instead, researchers found that hypersexual brains don’t react in the same way as other addicts’ brains—in fact, the neural responses to ography only varied based on levels of sexual libido, rather than on measures of sexual compulsivity. People with higher libidos had more active brain reactions to the sexual images than people with lower libidos, but that was the only correlation.
1st Guest: Kathryn Eriksen, Heart Dancer Extraordinaire.
Kathryn Eriksen is known as the “Story Alchemist,” because she transformed her limiting stories from her past from lead to gold. A successful attorney for 23 years, she moved away from the practice of law to discover how to become the next, greatest version of herself. She is passionate about teaching others how to dance with life. Through her books, newsletters, radio show and blog posts, Kathryn shares the beauty, joy and love that are by-products of Heart Dancing.
2nd Guest: Allison Carman
Allison Carmen spent many years fighting a powerful addiction. It wasn’t drugs, alcohol or fame. It was an addiction to certainty. If she didn’t know what the future would bring – and who does? – she felt anxious and afraid. This decades-long struggle followed her through college, marriage, parenthood, and a successful law career. While everything seemed fine from the outside, Allison was in a constant battle that was unwinnable, sapping her energy, attention, and spirit. Until the day she discovered the power of Maybe. Maybe is a simple yet powerful philosophy that has transformed Allison’s life, and the life of her many clients (now that she has ditched her legal career and has become a successful business consultant and life coach).
What is "healthy" alcohol consumption? What REALLY triggers addiction? How can a person recovering from alcohol dependency eliminate the cravings for good? What can the rest of us do to help? Dial 857-216-6700 At 8p ET/7p CT April 8, 2015 as Root Cause Radio answers these questions and more in honor of National Alcohol Screening Day on April 9th.
Featured Guest: Dr. Charlie Abbott of Symptometry of North Carolina, LLC.
Host Bella Marie
Host: Doc♠Vaj - Root Cause Radio™ Interim Director
www.RootCauseRadio.com ~ Sharing the Secrets of Optimal Health
in Self Help
Carol the Coach will be answering emails and taking your calls to answer questions about sexual addiction or loving someone who has a sexual addiction. This disorder can wreak havoc in families with sexual addiction so ask the expert what you can do if you suspect sexual addiction in your life!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (461 chatters)
- John Baptist (49 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT (42 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (42 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (30 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (14 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (14 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Bellesprit (8 chatters)
- thedean (8 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (7 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (6 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (6 chatters)
- Papa CE (6 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (5 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (5 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (4 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (3 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- Thats Novel (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (2 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (2 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Side Kick Pro (1 chatters)
- Tony Reeves (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MistyFredricks (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- iAdvocate Radio (1 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (1 chatters)
- DraftSmashers Radio (1 chatters)
- EON Network (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- ANT Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- alexas29 (1 chatters)