SORT BY Relevancy
Hannah Crum -- aka The Kombucha Mamma -- stops by to discuss the many health benefits of kombucha as well as the controversies surrounding it.
Topics will include:
* Is kombucha just another passing fad?
* Why commercial kombucha is so darn expensive.
* The REAL reason kombucha was taken off the shelves a few years ago.
* How to make it at home for cheap -- and safely.
* The scoop on the alcohol and sugar content.
* How to become a “master brewer.”
Learn more about Hannah at www.kombuchakamp.com
Hosted by Sean Croxton of Underground Wellness.
Hannah Crum is The Kombucha Mamma, industry journalist, commercial brewing consultant, founder of Kombucha Kamp and mentor to thousands of homebrewers around the world. Over the last 5 years, she and partner Alex LaGory have documented the dramatic growth of the bottled Kombucha business, on pace to become a $500 million dollar segment by 2015, while helping shepherd companies of all sizes through the commercial Kombucha process. They recently founded Kombucha Brewers International, the first non-profit trade association dedicated to promoting Kombucha worldwide. Their writings and workshops have been featured on the Veria Network as well as in Bev Net, Beverage Spectrum Magazine, Whole Life Times Magazine, Los Angeles Times Best Bets, Elephant Journal, Vital Juice and many more. Learn to brew healthful, delicious Kombucha, find out more about Continuous Brewing (“The Ancient Method”), keep up on Kombucha industry news and enjoy videos, podcasts & brewing secrets at the #1 Kombucha site in the world KombuchaKamp.com!
Thanks for tuning in,
- David Benjamin
We recap the kombucha making that was discussed last episode plus we also will discuss what Fire Cider is and the ongoing saga in the herbal community regarding the trademarking of Fire Cider.
Disclaimers: Statements made during this podcast have not been evaluated by the FDA. This is meant as health education only and is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Before taking any herb or supplement, consult with your primary care professional about possible contraindications or interactions with any medications.
Music during this episode is:
Sleep and Then Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Winter Reflections Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
The Snow Queen Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
in Self Help
It's been called a mushroom but is it really? Kombucha history dates back to the Qin Dynasty in China (around 250 BC). It has been used for healing, is a probiotic, is good for cleansing the liver... The list goes on.... And it is YUMMY! Join us for this segment as Suzi Croes tells us about this delicious, healthy product.
This evening we discuss the health benefits of Kombucha, the fermented drink. Also, how to make it at home. Disclaimers: Statements made during this podcast have not been evaluated by the FDA. This is meant as health education only and is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Before taking any herb or supplement, consult with your primary care professional about possible contraindications or interactions with any medications. Music during
Do you know what Kombucha is?
Do know the potential it has for your body?
Have you ever heard of Kefir
Do know what they can do for your body?
Let talk about our immune system
What are some remedies that can help our bodies?
Let take the bull by the hands sort of speak....
We will be discussing the "friendly" gut bacteria that we need to maintain health; about lacto-fermentation and wild fermentation; about benefits of drinking Kombucha and eating raw fermented vegetables. Our guest, Nadia Ernestus, is a highly regarded nutritional and lifestyle Certified Holistic Health Coach based in The Hamptons, New York. She is a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and a member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. Ms. Ernestus is a leader in her community, bringing to life the latest nutrition and wellness philosophies and practices in her popular innovative interactive workshops. "After successful careers on Wall Street and as a Real Estate broker, I decided to embark on a new career, sharing my passion for a healthy lifestyle and diet with my community,” says Ms. Ernestus. Hosted by Joshua Margolis Produced by Turtle Shell Health
Today, Janine is taking over BlogTalkRadio and speaking a little bit about her personal fitness blog, LIFTmeupFitness, as well as recent trends in the nutrition and fitness world with Fitness Coach and Nutritionist, Justin Janoska.
Find out how to make your own Kombucha from Justin's site here: http://www.engineeryourgenome.com/recipes--videos.html
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Gina Lake. Gina is a spiritual teacher and the author of twelve books about awakening to ones true nature, including From Stress to Stillness, Trusting Life, Embracing the Now, and Radical Happiness. She is also a gifted intuitive with a masters degree in counseling psychology and over twenty years experience supporting people in their spiritual growth. The focus of her writing and teaching is on helping people be in the present moment and live the happy and fulfilled life that is possible and on shedding light on the ego and other programming that interferes with that.
this episode Q&A- includes:
• excessive sweating- sage infusion by the sip..
• irritated upper eyelids- try wet very warm cloth followed by applying honey
• loose stools- give the gut something to hold onto- whole grains and slippery elm..
• using a wide variety of active organisms found in yogurt, sauerkraut, kombucha and feed them with seaweed, mushrooms..
• cancer, chemo and not sleeping..
• milk thistle tincture while going through chemo..
• aromatic seeds such as fennel, corriander and anise seeds to release gas..
• dandelion root tincture before eating to help the digestive organs function..
• surgery- gather the loving kindness of those around us..
• hysterectomy- fight for your ovaries!
• do not mix herbs in infusions and use one full ounce of dried herb per quart jar of infusion..
• scleroderma- comfrey to loosen tissues of skin, linden infusion to stop inflammation..
• sinus infection- linden flower infusions, comfrey infusions, echinacea tincture..
• nerve pain- skullcap tincture made from fresh flowering plant..
• anxiety and stomach pain..
Angela is an Metro Detroit entrepreneur with a passion for cooking with whole foods, nutrition, yoga, fermenting, DIY and traveling. Angela's journey to a holistic lifestyle inspired to share her knowledge & passion by way of Green Dreams Detroit. Green Dreams Detroit hosts workshops, private consultations and eco-retreats; sharing the Pura Vida lifestyle with others along their own path to health and wholeness. You can learn more about her and her work at GreenDreamsDetroit.com In this podcast we discuss green living in the home, healthy cooking, fermenting kombucha, kefir, vegetables and more!
Thanks for tuning in!
- David Benjamin
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (484 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (52 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (30 chatters)
- in5d (19 chatters)
- Curious Times (19 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (13 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (13 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (10 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (10 chatters)
- GodKiller (10 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (8 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (7 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (7 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- The View from Montana (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Comic Booked (4 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (4 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (4 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- churchfolk (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- drkate (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Iconici Radio MMA (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- WoT Radio0 (2 chatters)
- The World Transformed (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- RHeart (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- THE NOW NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- We Game (1 chatters)
- Love Productions (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Minister Derrick (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Beyond Abuse Radio (1 chatters)
- Big Brother After Show (1 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (1 chatters)