SORT BY Relevancy
Renal cell carcinoma is a very rare cancer that represents the most common form of Kidney Cancer; and it is occuring more frequently in young adults. With no actual preventon or early detection methods, if not somehow caught early, prognosis for remission are very low. Join us as we welcome AYA/RCC survivor Lauren Hassell and Dr. Carl Bischoff, board certified urologic oncologist and RCC specialist to shed light on this underdiscussed orphan disease. Survivor spotlght on Steven Robinson.
The annual Kidney Cancer Symposium was held this year in Miami, Florida. It was chaired by Dr. Toni Choueiri of Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Institute in Boston, and contained a wealth of information for physicians, both urologists and oncologists dealing with kidney cancer.
This year for the first time in many years more patients and patient advocates were included in the mix. In the past Joyce has been one of 4-5 patients invited to help report the meeting, under the general editorship of Mike Lawing. This year, in part to celebrate the 25th anniversary oCaleb f the founding of KCA by a kidney cancer patient, more patients were invited to attend, including two from outside the United States: Caleb from Nigeria and Juanita Ruiz from Peru.
Billy Foster, a long-time KCA supporter and jazz musician, was on hand to provide wonderful music for the reception. He has given us permission to broadcast an interview he recorded with Caleb Egwuenu, founder and president of Stand Up to Cancer Naija, http://www.su2c9ja.org In Nigeria many people still believe that cancer is "juju" or some harmful magical power inflicted by someone else, or as a result of something you did wrong. The biggest challenge to managing any cancer is that diagnoses are usually after the cancer is already advanced to a late stage. For Nigeria as for most developing countries, the management of late stage cancer is beyond the skills and budgets of the health care systems. Their only hope of managing cancer is to find it at early stages.
Billy's jazz music show can be found at http://billfosterjazzzone.com
Mike Lawing and Andy Derr have been living with kidney cancer for years. Both of them have learned not to knuckle under to a difficult diagnosis, but to challenge themselves to live WITH it, maintain their quality of life, and keep the nastiest effects of cancer at bay.
It's not easy. But today there are better tools for challenging kidney cancer than ever before. Working closely with their doctors, they have discovered strategies -- medical, mental, and spiritual -- that have helped them keep their heads high and their spirits strong and at the same time keeping cancer in the background of their lives.
Mike, Andy, and Joyce all attended the Kidney Cancer Symposium sponsored by the Kidney Cancer association in October 2014, and prepared a report in patient-approachable language to share with other patients and their families the amazing progress reported at the symposium. Mike did the bulk of the work -- the concept, the layout, and pictures, the editing -- and Andy and Joyce contributed articles.
You will want to hear this conversation!
An educational webinar in honor of Kidney Cancer Awareness Month.
The webinar reviews recent data on inherited causes of kidney cancer, specific tumor types associated with various kidney cancer syndromes, and appropriate candidates for hereditary kidney cancer testing.
When Dave Neway was diagnosed with Stage IV Colorectal Cancer in 2013, he and his partner Luis Freitas's lives were turned upside down. Dave and Luis join us to discuss leveraging all available treatment options, and how life after cancer is definitely different. Survivor Spotlight on young adult survivor breast cancer survivor and running coach Katie Anderson.
When stand-up comedian Jesse Case was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer in June, he opted to share his experiences with the world via podcast. Jesse joins us to discuss his now viral podcast "Jesse vs. Cancer". Survivor Spotlight on Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivor Jacqueline Piccolo.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (37 chatters)
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (21 chatters)
- Ezekiel 339 (13 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (8 chatters)
- BeverlyD (7 chatters)
- Ron March Show (7 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (5 chatters)
- NatureofReality (5 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (4 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (4 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (4 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (4 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (4 chatters)
- Voices of Global Freedom (4 chatters)
- PROPHET energyreaderBrenda (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- Patriot Family (2 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (1 chatters)
- EWOL MINISTRY COMMUNICATIONS (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Life and Times2 (1 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (1 chatters)
- Mystique Productions (1 chatters)
- 67761 (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- The Rapture rape abuse torture (1 chatters)
- VinnyHardy (1 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (0 chatters)