SORT BY Relevancy
ONE MAGNIFICENT MUSICAL LIFE – A Special radio program series ,MyNDTALK with Dr. Pamela Brewer aired January 20, 2012 on WPFW 89.3 FM , Washington, DC. The Series focused on the vast and tireless talents of music programmers. Those people, behind the scenes, who work so hard, educate so much and are often unsung in their own right.
This episode features Katea Stitt , daughter of famed jazz saxophonist Sonny Stitt – is one such person. How fitting that Katea would bring her spirit and talents to the only remaining Jazz station, WPFW in the Washington, DC metro.
Katea’s own quiet beauty, passion for the music of her father and African peoples worldwide, vast musical experiences and knowledge shine through in this hour long interview.
Host: Pamela Brewer
Producer: Jim Brown
Well Summer Vacation has come to an end, time to send your little ones, children, teens, back to school. Time to get back into routines, time for learning to take place. Yes it's time for homework, test, quizzes, making new friends and so much more. Join us for a discussion on how to make this the most amazing school year for your scholar. It all starts with a plan and remaining consistent. Join us Wednesday September 3, 2014 at 5:30pm est. by logging on to www.blogtalkradio.com/wowinspiration or dial in to listen 718-664-6996. Let's prepare our youth to become World Changers!!!
The Princess Chronicles Show tonights topic; Ladies with visions and humanitarian missions...meet Katea Dale..her story was so awesome that she appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show ... An awesome lady who raised all 5 of her brothers and sisters by herself while attending college because the parental support had ended for this family. Oprah Winfrey did a special on her magnificent lifestory. Ms. Dale has just obtained another degree as she supported and kept her brothers and sisters together.An annointed lady whose vision and mission was from a higher power.
YEWANDE...AUSTIN...HAS JUST RETURNED FROM GAMBIA AND WILL BE ON THE PRINCESS CHRONICLES TO TALK ABOUT HER TRAVEL TO GAMBIA ON A HUMANITARIAN MISSION...
Wednesday at 7:30PM on WXRP Radio Live with host Aduke Aremu ...celebrating the June radio series highlighting women.
Visiting the Jamaican dancehall of the 1970 and paying tribute to some of the DJs that made their contributions
Deejay (alternatively spelled DJ) is a term in Jamaican music for a reggae or dancehall musician who sings and "toasts" to an instrumental riddim (rhythm).
Deejays are not to be confused with disc jockeys from other music genres like hip-hop, where they select and play music. Dancehall/reggae DJs who select riddims to play are called selectors. Deejays who are more likely to sing are sometimes called singjays.
The term deejay came about as a result of the act of some selectors (as they were called) of the 60s and 70s such as U-Roy or King Stitt toasting to the version side of popular records of the time. The version came about when the record company produced the 45 record with the song, the flip side of which had the instrumental version of the song. This gave the deejays the chance to make up on-the-fly lyrics to the instrumental music. This occurrence gave rise to deejay toasting and the term has been used in that context ever since.
Toasting, chatting, or deejaying is the act of talking or chanting, usually in a monotone melody, over a rhythm or beat by a deejay. Traditionally, the method of toasting originates from the griots of Caribbean calypso and mento tradition. The lyrics can be either be improvised or pre-written.
Toasting has been used in various African traditions, such as griots chanting over a drum beat, as well as in Jamaican music forms, such as Ska, reggae, dancehall, and dub. Toasting is also often used in soca and bouyon music. Toasting's mix of talking and chanting may have influenced the development of MCing in US hip hop music. The combination of singing and toasting is known as singjaying. more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deejay_%28Jamaican%29
www.crsradio.com email@example.com 661-467-2407
After a long Holiday break Nicole and I return with one of the most mind blowing guests we could have on The Mind Cemetery. Erik Stitt is a writer, philosophizer and paranormal enthusist that has produced a very thouht provoking book, that is if your not dead. I say that because there is something in his book that will rock your senses and send you mind into a spin making you question everything.
The book is called The Psychoterrestrial Theory: Are you the Trickster?
His website is Psychoterrestial.com, which we highly recommend you visit.
Join us for our 88th episode on Sunday, June 3rd 2012 as hosts Brian Hemminger and Gerry Rodriguez discuss the latest happenings in the world of mixed martial arts. We'll be talking this past weekend's Ultimate Fighter Live Finale and much, much more.
Our special guests for the evening will be tough luck TUF Finale fighter John Albert, who will talk his screwjob in the opening bout of the evening as well as upcoming fighter Quartus Stitt, who's based out of the Illinois area.
Presenting black history month a chat with legendary jazz musician ARCHIE ALLEYNE on the contributions Blacks made to Jazz in Canada.
ARCHIE ALLEYNE (drummer, bandleader) was born Archibald Alexander Alleyne on January 7, 1933 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. From largely self-taught beginnings, he soared to future and current legendary status during the years after launching his playing career in the early ‘50s. A familiar sight – and sound – as the resident drummer at the famous Town Tavern for more than a decade from 1955 to 1966. Alleyne became the drummer-of-choice for visiting jazz stars including Sonnie Stitt, Billie Holiday, Stan Getz, Bud Freeman, Coleman Hawkins, Ben Webster, and Lester Young.
Presenting black history month a chat with legendary jazz musician JOE SEALY on the contributions Blacks made to Jazz in Canada.
Joe (Joseph Arthur) Sealy. Pianist, organist, composer, actor, b Montreal 16 Aug 1939. In his youth he studied piano with Daisy Peterson Sweeney, Professor Boyce, and Bob Langlois in Montreal; later he was pupil of Darwyn Aitken in Toronto. Sealy began his career during the late 1950s in jazz groups and/or show bands with René Thomas, Bob Rudd, Benny Winestone, Walter Bacon, and others throughout Quebec.
In 1976 Sealy went to Toronto where he has worked extended engagements in jazz rooms and lounges (eg, intermittently 1980-3 at Errol's) and served as musical director for a succession of musicals through the 1980s, including Spring Thaw, Indigo, Ain't Misbehavin', More Sweet Reason, One More Stop, Madame Gertrude and Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill, taking acting roles in several.
Sealy has written scores and/or songs for TV and film, and several themes for jazz group. Of the latter, Sealy has recorded Early Morning Blues, Dumpling, Clear Vision, Playa Caliente, Fat Cat and Distant Shores. An efficient jazz pianist whose style continues to show the influence of his early models, Oscar Peterson and Horace Silver, he has accompanied several leading US musicians in their Canadian appearances, including Buddy DeFranco, Milt Jackson, Sonny Stitt, and Joe Williams at Pepe's in Halifax. In 1979 he toured with David Clayton-Thomas and Blood, Sweat & Tears.
Originally from Tybee Island, Georgia, CHEF DEAN NEFF has been working alongside Hugh Acheson at Five & Ten since 2000. Prior to moving to Athens in 2000, Dean earned a degree from The School of Culinary Arts in Atlanta, GA. In May of 2011, Dean earned a BBA in Marketing from the Terry College of Business at The University of Georgia. In 2012, Dean became the Executive Chef at Five & Ten. As such, Dean runs the show in the kitchen and works to create dishes that focus on Southern seasonality. “Dean is a consistently good-humored chef’s chef who revels in the local sphere as much as any Southern chef out there,” explains Hugh, “Overall, Dean is a consummate chef who has worked for me for over a decade and has helped grow Five & Ten into what it is today.” Dean assisted Hugh with his critically acclaimed first cookbook, "A New Turn in the South," and has cooked alongside great chefs such as Thomas Keller, Frank Stitt, Michael Anthony, Mike Lata, and many more. MINDY KOBRIN, a lifestyle and home entertaining expert, fuses food, travel and all five senses to create mood-boosting recipes, toe-tapping playlists and nutritious tips that Feed Your Soul. With international flare, downtown panache and a welcoming girl next-door smile, Mindy helps you cook and entertain with delicious and in-season ingredients that satisfy the heart. Her motto is: Eat well. Feel well. Entertain well. Website: http://mealsonheelsbymindy.com/
KEVIN STITT, (film editor) reunites with director Jonathan Mostow after editing his acclaimed 1997 thriller “Breakdown.” Stitt, who has compiled over twenty years in the editing room, has also collaborated with such filmmakers as, John Badham (“Drop Zone,” “Nick of Time,” “Another Stakeout”), Brian Helgeland (“A Knight’s Tale,” “The Order,” “Payback”), John Woo(“Paycheck”), Richard Donner (“Lethal Weapon 4,” “Conspiracy Theory”),Brian Singer (“X-Men”) and Peter Berg (“The Kingdom”). Over the past decade, Stitt has also edited such feature films as Renny Harlin’s “Deep Blue Sea” (additional editor), Rod Lurie’s “The Last Castle,” Rob Bowman’s ”Elektra” and former editor (and mentor) Stuart Baird’s directorial debut, “Executive Decision,” which marked his first collaboration with longtime editor Frank Urioste. He most recently completed work on the hit horror film, “Cloverfield.” The LA native majored in communications at Cal State Northridge before beginning his career in the 1980s (“Twilight Zone:The Movie”) He cut his teeth as an assistant editor, apprenticing with the likes of Frank Morriss (“Romancing the Stone,” “Short Circuit,” “Point of No Return”) and Stuart Baird (“Lethal Weapon 2,” “Maverick,” “The Last Boy Scout”).You can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org Link: www.123FilmEasy.com. Follow us on Twitter @123Film
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (102 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (47 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (30 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (27 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (23 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (20 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (20 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (20 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (20 chatters)
- in5d (16 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (15 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (15 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (13 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (13 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (12 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (11 chatters)
- RCRadio (10 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (9 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (9 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (5 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (5 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Black FreeThinkers (5 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (5 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (5 chatters)
- Exit Babylon (5 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (4 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (4 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (3 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (3 chatters)
- Ashes2Beauty (3 chatters)
- Aimee Montgomery Min (3 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (3 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (2 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- The View from Montana (2 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (2 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (2 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- FantasyTrade411 Radio (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- G220 Radio (2 chatters)
- MMAPowertalk (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (2 chatters)
- Reality Check2 (2 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (1 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- drinkfive (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- SLZE Sports (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)