SORT BY Relevancy
Guests: Mia Cobb and Julie Hecht, authors of "Do You Believe in Dog? - What happens when two canine scientists become pen pals?" Mia and Julie are the hosts of this years SPARCS conference that is happening this weekend! June 20-22nd. www.caninescience.info
Julie Hecht is a Canine Behavioral Researcher and manages Alexandra Horowitz's Dog Cognition Lab at Barnard College. In 2010, she founded Dog Spies where she blogs, lectures and holds programs on the science behind dog and the dog-human relationship.
Mia Cobb is a freelance animal welfare science consultant, researcher and communicator and is in a Ph.D. program researching the effects of social and environmental enrichment on the welfare, stress and performance of kenneled working dogs.
Human Animal Science
Top attorney Julie B. Rendelman has served as prosecution for some very high profile murder cases. The recent Georgia toddler car death continues to stun many people. The national award-winning radio talk show Let's Talk America with Host Shana Thornton will put the spotlight on the recent tragedy and discuss the latest toxicology report. Rendelman will address the potential legal aspects of the case. This timely segment will feature live calls from listeners. Be certain to dial (914) 803-4284 and press option 1 to speak to the on-air host on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 7:30 pm EST.
Let's Talk America with Host Shana Thornton is talk radio with substance! Tune in!!
Join Kevin Hunter, David Ford, Jeff O'Brien, and Allyson Lindstrom on The Business Forum Show. Airing weekly, Monday thru Friday at 6pm,
Have you discovered the keys to your success in business? Unfortunately, most business people haven't figured out what they need to do to increase their odds of success. This explains why 40% of the 1,000,000 people who start a business venture each year end of failing in the first 12 months. 80% end up failing before 5 years, and 96% never see a 10 year anniversary in business. Would you start a business if you knew your chances of success were only 4%?
Keys to Success in Business
1. Have Clear, Written, Goals and Objectives.
2. Have a solid Strategic Plan - the "How to accomplish your goals"
3. Step outside your Comfort Zone
4. Get an outside influence involved in your business.
The keys or steps outlined above sound simple, but establishing them and getting it right is not. Join us each week day as we talk about all the issues and challenges business people face, and how you can effectively implement and use the four keys to give you a 75-80% chance of success in anything you do.
Have questions or comments? Visit our website at www.thebusinessforumshow.com or call our studio at (763) 267-7260 today.
This weeks guest is the Honorable Judge Julie Mogenis TV and Radio Personalitity . She has been hunting and fishing for many years and has taken on new adventures of climbing Mountians such as Mount Kilimanjo. She is an excellent article writer and we are proud to have her as our guest on CATCHTHEMADNESS.
Shawna Gallagher, new trainer and owner of Pet Coach to the Rescue comes on The Dog Show to ask Julie, dog training and behavior expert, some of her biggest questions about working with dogs, the industry, and more. Great discussion that brings up a lot of big topics like “All Positive” trainers vs. “balanced” trainers, what impact has nutrition had on working with dogs, and the difference between working with dog training vs. dog behavior.
QUANTUM LEAP: The Connection between Behavior and the Brain
Please help me welcome Dr. DeFrance, Neuropsychologist and researcher to Quantum Leap.
Dr. DeFrance has a tremendous amount of knowledge to share not only because he is well educated, he also knows first hand about brain injury. He received his in 1966 and since then he spent his life researching the brain. He has written 71 published papers, 10 college book chapters, not to mention his numerous monographs. We all can learn so much from the knowledge he has learned.
Dr. DeFrance can help us all understand the connection between our behavior, thoughts and feelings and our brain injury. Save this date, it will be well worth your time. Education is power!
Who: Dr. Jon DeFrance
Neuropsychologist, clinical/ researcher
Where: Quantum Leap, on The Brain Injury Radio Network
When: THIS Sunday June, 29th 5pm Pacific Time/ 8pm EST
Brain Injury recovery has taken a Quantum Leap in the last twenty or so years. Research is the reason for the increased knowledge of how to deal with brain injury. Join host Julie Kintz the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month (5pm Pacific, 8pm EST) as she welcomes professionals that are making a difference in the lives of those living with and/or caring for brain injury. Tune in, call in, and together we can make a difference.
Julie Forbes and Tracy Ross discuss dog aggression, and it's different subcategories and causes. "Aggression" is a broad statement and is too large of a topic to just generalize. It is important to understand the nature of dog aggression, and it's different forms and reasons.
Twelve years ago, Tracy was one of the main people Julie learned from, on how to work with dog behavior, particularly aggression. Tracy works with some of the most difficult dogs in the region, and is incredible at breaking through to dogs who don't seem reachable.
Her Excellency, Bishop Allyson Nelson Abrams, was consecrated to the episcopacy on April 14, 2012, in Detroit, MI, by the laying on of hands from a College of Bishops. Her Excellency will continue the mission and vision as the Presiding Bishop and Founder of Pneuma Christian Fellowship, an international training, outreach, and worship fellowship ministry. Her Excellency attended Howard University and graduated with the degree of Bachelor of Science In Mechanical Engineering (BSME). Bishop Abrams attended Miles Law School for 2 years and then accepted her call to ministry. She received her Master of Divinity from United Theological Seminary in 2000 and received her Doctor of Ministry from United Seminary in 2005 with a focus on Worship. Being led by the spirit ofGod to begin a great work, Her Excellency founded Speak The Truth Baptist Church in 2001 and pastored thechurch for 7 years. Then Bishop Abrams was called as the first female pastor in the church’s 55 year history, to bethe senior pastor of Zion Progress Baptist Church in Detroit, where she served for over 5 years. This occasion was historic because it made her the youngest female to be voted in by a congregation, as senior pastor, in any Black Baptist Church in Detroit! She is the author of two (4) books.
Julie Ziglar Norman is the daughter of the late motivational icon Zig Ziglar. Today Julie is a dynamic, disarming and refreshingly transparent inspirational speaker and author. Her unique experience of being raised by the motivators’ motivator has given her a perspective on life and work that keeps her audiences laughing, crying and taking notes. Her vibrant style of delivery, her honest and transparent assessment of life, and her willingness to share intimate details of personal failures, as well as personal triumphs, has made her a popular crowd favorite. Julie has shared the platform with greats like General Colin Powell, Rudy Giuliani, President George W. Bush, Dr. Robert Schuller, Lou Holtz, Steve Forbes, Bill Crosby and many others. Her life experience as the poster child for bad choices enables her to minister to women seeking to trade a life peppered with guilt and shame, addiction, failure, fear, regret and anger for a life filled with love, joy and peace! Her latest book Growing Up Ziglar: A Daughter’s Broken Path from Heartache to Hope, was released by Guideposts Publishers in May of 2012. You can learn more about Julie HERE and follow her on Facebook.