SORT BY Relevancy
On Talk Jamaica this Sunday we discuss the state of National Security in Jamaica from the Civil Society’s perspective. We will get reactions to and expectations of the new Top Cop, Dr. Carl Williams.
What is Civil Society’s response to the alleged impending disbandment of the Firearm Tactical and Training Unit? How do they really feel about the assumptions of the much talked about Leahy Act? We will hear from Dennis Meadows, Co-Convenor of Citizens’ Action for Principle and Integrity (CAPI) and Rodje Malcolm, a director for Jamaicans for Justice (JFJ).
Then at 5:30pm, we have the indomitable Fae Ellington in our Talk Vault segment. We also have in perspective and the week that was, Talk Jamaica is live at 4pm http://talkjamaicaradio.com/listen.php
Due to the grand finale of the FIFA World Cup Match between Germany and Argentina this Sunday, July 13, your cutting edge commentary show TALK JAMAICA will begin at 5:30.
The hour-long show features a review of the match, the thrills, spills and great analysis! Tune in as Talk Jamaica takes you In Perspective on an issue of national importance, reviews the major stories from The Week That Was and pays tribute to former Talk Jamaica Radio listener Mon Mckenzie who passed on this week.
Talk Jamaica, with hosts Sanjay Lewis and Ricardo Brooks comes this Sunday, July 13 at 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. only on Talk Jamaica Radio ...streaming live ontalkjamaicaradio.com/listen.php Talk Jamaica, Talk Jamaica returns to its regular 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. time next Sunday. Talk Jamaica, Commentary at its best! Just listen!
In part one we discuss the state of education in Jamaica. The first week of school has ended. Is the ministry of education pleased with the progress so far? What are some the developments we need to look forward to in the 2014-2015 school year? We will hear from Minister of Education, the Rev. Ronald Thwaites.
Then at 5:10, in the first segment of part two of the discussion segment we will have the Love March Movement’s response to the discontinued buggery law challenge and their continued advocacy for the retention of the buggery law. We will also hear about other possible challenges and counter challenges in the gay rights saga. We will hear from Daniel Thomas, President of the Love March Movement and Maurice Tomlinson, Attorney at Law and Right’s Advocate.
There is also feedback and the week that was join us today at 4pm on http://talkjamaicaradio.com/listen.php
This Sunday on Talk Jamaica we speak to the interim board chair of Jamaicans For Justice as he shares his vision for a resurgent JFJ and what the country should expect as the JFJ identity going forward. We will also have our Post-Independence Celebrations Analysis: Youth in Culture Perspective Do the youth of Jamaica embrace fully the legacy of our independence? How do they view the progress that Jamaica has made since 1962?
There is also a new feature call Talk Vault, we also have In Perspective and the week that was. Join us this Sunday at 4pm Only on TJR
This Sunday on Talk Jamaica we speak to the senior public relations officer of INDECOM, Kahmile Reid. INDECOM has just concluded observing INDECOM Week—has this four (4) years old state entity been achieving its mandate?
We will also hear from Rodje Malcolm, a director of the Jamaicans for Justice advocacy group. He will explain to Jamaicans why protecting human rights in Jamaica should be a priority and why it is a worthwhile venture for the State and citizens alike.
There is also Talk Vault, Talk Back, In Perspective and The Week That Was. Join us this Sunday at 4pm!
Only on Talk Jamaica Radio @ http://talkjamaicaradio.com/listen.php or on
Talk Jamaica today August 3, 2014: In part one of the discussion segment we discuss how drought conditions are affecting our food security. Is the government doing enough? Why are we still approving water parties? Will our farmers continue to be allowed to practice “slash and burn” without any legal consequence?
In the second half of the discussion segment we will hear Caseta Green, Acting Deputy Registrar, Office of the Children’s Registry, who will speak to us on the matter of trafficking in persons.
There is also In Perspective, the week that was and feedback
Talk Jamaica comes your way at 4pm
On Talk Jamaica today we hear the chilling story of a former resident of a Jamaican Children’s Home, who was sodomized by a worker there and later found out that he had contracted HIV. We’ll also have reactions from Dr. Wade Wade, Interim Chair of Jamaicans for Justice who will expound on their work in Children's Homes and their vindication for introducing a human rights based sex ed programme in light of the former resident's ordeal.
Then ,we present part two of the discussion segment. We will be joined by Newly appointed President of the Jamaica Teachers’ Association (JTA) Doran Dixon. He will speak on the way forward for the powerful teachers’ union.
There is also In Perspective, The Week That Was and Talk Vault.
Talk Jamaica comes your way at 4pm on http://talkjamaicaradio.com/listen.php
Today on Talk Jamaica we focus on the discontent of members of the diaspora over the decision of the Police Services Commission not to shortlist a Jamaican-born FBI agent for the post of Commissioner of Police. A leading voice against the PSC decision, as well as the State Minister of Foreign Affairs will join us. In the second half of the show we'll be joined by the Managing Director of the JUTC to discuss the bus company's future viability. If not a fare increase, then what? Later on in the show we speak to Wade Brown , one of the organizers of the spelling bee competition taking place in Tivoli Gardens today. We also have In Perspective, The Week That Was and Talk History. Our Talk Back questions is : Should a landmark be named after Roger Clarke to recognize his contribution to national development? Join Ricardo Brooks and Ralston Chamberlain at 4pm. Tune in: http://talkjamaicaradio.com/listen.php.
Talk Jamaica comes your way today at 4pm. In part one we venture in the debate on the search for a new commissioner of police, what went wrong and will we get answers anytime soon. Is an indigenous commissioner of police or an imported/foreign commissioner of police the right fit?
In the second half of the discussion segment we will hear from Historian, Publicist and Fellow in History at Melbourne University (Australia), Middle East Policy Expert Professor Daniel Mandel who will speak to us on the highly controversial Israel/Gaza Conflict.
There is also in perspective, the week that was and feedback
On Talk Jamaica this Sunday:
We will review the findings from the CDA report on the JFJ’s Sex Education Programme. First, we speak with Attorney at Law Kenyatta Powell and President of the Jamaica Association of Guidance Counsellors in Education Kayson Jones
In the second half of the discussion at 5:05, we look at the role of a Journalist. We speak to Jamaica Observer Karyl Walker (in his first interview since the walk out at CVC press conference), Coordinator of Carimac West Jamaica Steffon Campbell, Journalist and Member of the Press Association Board Janet Silvera
The Sunday on Talk Jamaica
Can the Parish Council confiscate your assets if your landlord fails to pay his/her property tax? We will hear from Mayor of Kingston Angella Brown Burke and Mayor of May Pen and President of the Association of Local Government Authorities (AlGA) Scean Barnswell.
What is happening in the Jamaica Teachers Association? Its President Mark Nicely will join us. We will also speak to the representatives from NCU’s Debating Team on their quest to attend World Universities Debating Championships.
There is also ‘ The Week That Was’ and In Perspective. Talk Jamaica comes your way at 4pm this Sunday. Don’t Miss It
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (153 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- Annahilation (27 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (25 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (20 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (18 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (17 chatters)
- The 720 Show (13 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (12 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (12 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (9 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (9 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (7 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (7 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (7 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (5 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (5 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (5 chatters)
- Truf Bros (5 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (4 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (4 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- New Colony Network (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (3 chatters)
- DJ NIA BOOM (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (3 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (3 chatters)
- Woman 2 Woman1 (3 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (2 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- FoReRadio (2 chatters)
- RRS Radio (2 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- Political T and T (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Patriot Voices of Social Media (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Sex Help with Carol the Coach (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- Lady Faatimah (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Table Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- We Game (1 chatters)