SORT BY Relevancy
When life is wrapped around impending loss, it can be hard to think about things that make you stop, laugh and have fun. Laughter is truly medicine, however. In fact, it lowers stress, increases serotonin (feel good hormone) in the brain, helps the immune system function better, and makes people more comfortable around one another. The Jack and Jill Late Stage Cancer Foundation understands those benefits in an incredibly unique way. Their mission is to provide families with opportunities to enjoy beaches, sunsets, sports, music and roller coasters – while head-on in the fight with late-stage cancer.
Jon Albert knows first-hand about the devastation cancer causes. After losing his wife the week before Thanksgiving in 2006, Jon persevered on the path they had paved together to treat families to a WOW! experience. Oncologists now prescribe his Jack and Jill LateStage Cancer Foundation (JAJF) to families, as part of the treatment protocol. There have been amazing advances in cancer; yet, thousands of children every year still lose a parent to the disease. Jon recognizes that cancer doesn’t just strike the patient – it strikes the whole family.
Jon Albert’s mantra is a sobering one: It should not take a terminal diagnosis for us to Hurry up and Live!
For 9 years, his foundation has been treating the families – not the cancer. More than 900 families in 45 states have benefited from the WOW! experiences. National in-kind partners include Shutterfly,The Coca-Cola Company, United Airlines, Avis/Budget, Ritz Carlton, and an army of others. JAJF has garnered attention from NBC Sunday Night Football, The Today Show, CBS, CNN, NBC, USA Today and the Wall Street Journal.
Tune in to discover the heart behind JAJF in this exclusive chat with founder Jon Albert. Click HERE to visit the foundation.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (37 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (21 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (16 chatters)
- English Defence League Radio (16 chatters)
- MRTALK (12 chatters)
- Pastor Harry Walther (5 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (5 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (5 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (4 chatters)
- LifeScape Radio (4 chatters)
- Military Mamas (3 chatters)
- PrideNET Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Neoblog (2 chatters)
- Nick Humphries Host (2 chatters)
- 64667 (2 chatters)
- AdrianBernard (1 chatters)
- babycoaldust (1 chatters)
- BITEradio me (1 chatters)
- Football Frenzy0 (1 chatters)
- PharaohX (0 chatters)