SORT BY Relevancy
What does it takes to be an #IronMan? What are the take-aways from the @IRONMANtri held in #Madison #Wisconsin on Sun., Sept.13, 2015. ##PaulTakesOnTheIronMan joins #TamaraLeighsTrendOn to share his experience & #Team support in the journey of YOU ARE AN IROMAN.
Tamara Leigh's Trend On - Engaging Your Audience to Trend On You! airs LIVE Wednesdays at 10:00amCT. #TamaraLeighLLC is a Communications company meeting the needs of clients across platforms from #MobileOptimized website design/build, #Content #Writing #Blogging #Editing #Image #Style #InterCultural communication at tamaraleighllc.com - Follow on Twitter @tamaraleighll
On this episode, I sit down with my good friend Kristina Brink Large and discuss her journey from watching races all the way to being an Ironman Finisher. We will also discuss tapering and training.
ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF UNDER THE MAT RADIO: “THE IRONMAN AND THE ASSASSIN” OUR GUEST(S) WILL BE INTERNATIONAL BOXING HALL OF FAMER AND WORLD BOXING HALL OF FAMER LARRY HOLMES. HE WILL DISCUSS HIS LEGENDARY CAREER FACING THE LIKES OF MUHAMMAD ALI, KEN NORTON JR AND OTHER LEGENDS. ALSO JOINING US WILL BE 2 TIME NWA WORLD CHAMPION AND FORMER WWE SUPERSTAR ROB CONWAY. WE WILL ALSO DISCUSS RANDOM NEWS, SHOUTOUTS AND MORE. TUESDAY JUNE 16, 2015, 2015 LIVE 7PM-9PM (EST) LISTEN ON http://www.blogtalkradio.com/underthematradio (or click on the link below). ALSO LISTEN ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE (ANDROID, IPHONE) CALL IN AT (347) 677-1862 PRESS 1
in Self Help
When you hear the word "Ironman" a couple things come to mind; a "Annual Competition" or the "Super Hero". Both require a great deal of time and energy but how do they relate to having a Brain Injury? Some people w/a Brain Injury also have physical limitations, some w/prostetics or other assitive devices, so how can they be an "Ironman"? EASY PEEZY! When one stops and asks themselves: How can you PROgress, if you continually regress to past thinking, behaviors and beLIEfs? Join Kevin and the Marvelous Maggie tonight as Kevin shares yet another unique perspective on how We can (and need to) become our own Ironman (or variation thereof). ;-) Call in LIVE @424.243.9540 or listen in @7pm Pacific!
Wonder what it takes to do a first time Ironman? Tune in to this episode! After only three years of competing in triathlons at short distances, Constance Korol is a Lake Placid Ironman finisher! During this episode, Constance shares her journey with Hilary, and explains how she trained for this mentally and physically demanding race. Constance will talk about the extreme weather conditions,lightening that had the race director call the swim and how her determination persevered after race plans fell through. After listening to this episode, you'll know what it takes to complete an Ironman triathlon!
Boulder endurance athlete Billy Edwards joins us the night before the Boulder Ironman Triathlon. Billy should be asleep right now but is taking 15 minutes to chat with us about tomorrow's event.
One of the world's most popular triathlon destinations, this beloved Rocky Mountain town now hosts a full-distance race. Welcome to IRONMAN Boulder.
Nestled at the foot of the imposing Flatirons, Boulder, Colorado is already a wildly popular home-base and vacation destination for world-class triathletes. The city's health-conscious culture, near-perfect weather and breathtaking natural environment means it's destined to be an instant favorite on the IRONMAN circuit.
Boulder's robust downtown, with its famous pedestrian-only Pearl Street Mall and idyllic Boulder Creek, will provide families and fans an unforgettable race day as they wait for their loved ones to cross the finish line. From five-star hotels to James Beard award-winning restaurants, Boulder's hotel and dining options are some of the best in the nation.
The race will start at the Boulder Reservoir with a single loop 2.4-mile swim. Once finished in the water, the first transition will start the athletes on a beautiful 112-mile one-loop bike course in the city's vast open space. The bike will loop around Carter Lake and along the eastern plains of the Front Range before ending downtown at Boulder High School.
The two-loop run course is almost entirely on Boulder Creek Trail, winding along the creek and through city parks. Spectators will have multiple opportunities to cheer on the athletes and the last few steps of the day will take athletes up Pearl Street for a triumphant finish.
December 19, 2013: Typically when one imagines someone crossing the finish line of an Ironman triathlon, they do not imagine a 6 foot 4 inch, 285 pound man. However, that describes former NFL defensive lineman Don Davey. At least it describes him several years ago, finishing his first race after retiring from professional football.
In this episode of Move Forward Radio, Davey describes how he told physical therapist/certified athletic trainer Mike Ryan of the Jacksonville Jaguars that he would compete in an Ironman within five years of retirement from football. With the help of Ryan, Davey has dramatically reshaped his body, and reconfigured vigorous training regimens around football-related injuries.
Subscribe to Move Forward Radio podcasts on iTunes.
To learn more about physical therapy, visit MoveForwardPT.com.
The Ironman World Championship in Kona is brutal, imagine how difficult it would be if you were blind. Tina Ament, Competitor, blind since birth, just struck this event from her bucket along with 3 other Ironman events and 5 Boston Marathon finishes.
Her training partner and race guide Anne Thilges has completed in 40 Iron-distance triathlons and co-raced alongside Tina during the Kona world championship. They now will go on record as the first female blind athlete/guide to race the famed Kona Ironman World Championship. Kristina “Tina” Ament is the highest-ranked female in the physically challenged division among 28 All World Athlete Champions representing nine countries.
Watch Ironman Triathlon Competition Live at http://caribbeansportschannel.com. After 22 years, Lance Armstrong is returning to the island of St. Croix to compete in a triathlon. He'll be competing at Ironman 70.3 St. Croix on May 6th, adding another event to his 2012 schedule. Competition starts at 6am.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (95 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (80 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (23 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (18 chatters)
- Straight Black Pride Radio (17 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (6 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (6 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (5 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- Psychic energyreaderBrenda (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- thelordshour (4 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (3 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- American Statesman (3 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (2 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (2 chatters)
- BROTHER PTAH REVOLITIONARY (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (2 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (2 chatters)
- MethylationSupport (2 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (2 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- Writers Life Chats (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (1 chatters)
- No-Tea with Chrita and Cryss (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Lets Get Metaphysical (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (1 chatters)
- Its Time To Pray1 (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx s Pop Roxx Radio (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- AMStyles247 (1 chatters)
- Author Charron and Vaughn (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- cyntrob (1 chatters)
- Bellesprit Radio Show (0 chatters)