SORT BY Relevancy
Wonder what it takes to do a first time Ironman? Tune in to this episode! After only three years of competing in triathlons at short distances, Constance Korol is a Lake Placid Ironman finisher! During this episode, Constance shares her journey with Hilary, and explains how she trained for this mentally and physically demanding race. Constance will talk about the extreme weather conditions,lightening that had the race director call the swim and how her determination persevered after race plans fell through. After listening to this episode, you'll know what it takes to complete an Ironman triathlon!
Boulder endurance athlete Billy Edwards joins us the night before the Boulder Ironman Triathlon. Billy should be asleep right now but is taking 15 minutes to chat with us about tomorrow's event.
One of the world's most popular triathlon destinations, this beloved Rocky Mountain town now hosts a full-distance race. Welcome to IRONMAN Boulder.
Nestled at the foot of the imposing Flatirons, Boulder, Colorado is already a wildly popular home-base and vacation destination for world-class triathletes. The city's health-conscious culture, near-perfect weather and breathtaking natural environment means it's destined to be an instant favorite on the IRONMAN circuit.
Boulder's robust downtown, with its famous pedestrian-only Pearl Street Mall and idyllic Boulder Creek, will provide families and fans an unforgettable race day as they wait for their loved ones to cross the finish line. From five-star hotels to James Beard award-winning restaurants, Boulder's hotel and dining options are some of the best in the nation.
The race will start at the Boulder Reservoir with a single loop 2.4-mile swim. Once finished in the water, the first transition will start the athletes on a beautiful 112-mile one-loop bike course in the city's vast open space. The bike will loop around Carter Lake and along the eastern plains of the Front Range before ending downtown at Boulder High School.
The two-loop run course is almost entirely on Boulder Creek Trail, winding along the creek and through city parks. Spectators will have multiple opportunities to cheer on the athletes and the last few steps of the day will take athletes up Pearl Street for a triumphant finish.
Boulder endurance athlete Billy Edwards absolutely ROCKED the Boulder Ironman placing 8th overall (including the pros). It was no easy effort for the man who's placed so much focus on his cycling in recent years - at one point during the run Edwards thought he was going to have to drop out. But, Billy perservered, overcame his difficulties and finished in 9 hours 19minutes 40 seconds. An Ironman Triathlon is a 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike race followed by a marathon run. More than 2,500 athletes from 33 different countries participated in the Boulder (CO) Ironman Triathlon held this past Sunday.
December 19, 2013: Typically when one imagines someone crossing the finish line of an Ironman triathlon, they do not imagine a 6 foot 4 inch, 285 pound man. However, that describes former NFL defensive lineman Don Davey. At least it describes him several years ago, finishing his first race after retiring from professional football.
In this episode of Move Forward Radio, Davey describes how he told physical therapist/certified athletic trainer Mike Ryan of the Jacksonville Jaguars that he would compete in an Ironman within five years of retirement from football. With the help of Ryan, Davey has dramatically reshaped his body, and reconfigured vigorous training regimens around football-related injuries.
Subscribe to Move Forward Radio podcasts on iTunes.
To learn more about physical therapy, visit MoveForwardPT.com.
WANT MORE POWER IN YOUR LIFE? BECOME AN IRONMAN.
Life truly is like an IRON MAN.
* A 2.4 Mile Swim
* A 112 Mile Bike
* A 26.2 Run (Marathon)
and this is done all in a row.
Your life is like an IRONMAN.
Can you endure?
Can you push through?
Can you finish?
Listen as IRONMAN Sean Whalen tells his story of his triumphant finish of his recent IRONMAN.
Sean tells the ups and downs, the emotions and discouraging moments of wanting to quit, wanting to stop and give up...
...BUT HOW HE FINISHED...
AND HOW HIS STORY IS REALLY YOUR OWN STORY FOR YOUR LIFE, YOUR MARRIAGE, YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR PERSONAL PATH TO VICTORY.
"If I didn't pay attention to nutrition, I wouldn't have had a pro-career as an athlete," remarks former ironman triathlete Brendan Brazier and co-founder of the nutrition food brand Vega. Having kept extensive nutrition journals when in training, Brendan was shocked to discover that he was gaining a pound of fat every three weeks. Every doctor he turned to said the same thing: You're putting more calories in than you're burning. But with 40 hours of training a week and a strict vegan-based diet, he couldn't see how that was possible.
On the 28th episode of SRO Conversations, Brendan discusses mindful nutrition, talks about how he was able to listen to his own body needs, achieve rapid recovery after intensive training, and achieve optimal health in everyday life even when not training. "The goal of eating is not to get more calories, it's to get more nutrition," he says. "You can be overfed and undernourished. Take white bread, you can feel full but you're really not because you're not getting any nutrients."
Tune in to all SRO Conversations at www.summerrayne.net/podcast.
Follow @sroakes, @brendan_brazier and @vegateam.
Marquette is excited to interview Griff Long on the show today!
Griff is the Vice President of Operations at a large corporation, Ironman finisher, a member of the Team USA Triathlon 2013 and 2014, USA triathlon coach, certified CrossFit coach, husband, and dad. He tells us how he prepares for triathlons and what keeps him going. Tune in to hear his story!
I look forward to speaking to Brian about his work.
G. Brian Benson is a multiple award-winning self-help author and filmmaker, actor, speaker, consultant, inspirational poet, musician, radio personality, published children’s author, finisher of over 50 triathlons (including 4 Ironman distance races), cross-country bicyclist and someone that believes in YOU!
Having authored four books, (Brian’s List!, Finding Your Voice and the eBooks, The Art of Balance and Discover Your True Self), Benson is now completing a fifth self-improvement title, Be Yourself to Free Yourself! His first book Brian’s List – 26 ½ Easy to Use Ideas on How to Live a Fun, Balanced, Healthy Life! was the winner of a 2009 Next Generation Indie Book Award in the Self-Help Category. It was also an award-winning finalist in the Self-Help Motivational Category of the National Best Books 2009 Awards, sponsored by USA Book News. Brian’s new book Finding Your Voice was an award-winning finalist in both the 2013 Indie Excellence Book Awards and the National Best Books 2013 Awards.
For More Information: http://www.GBrianBenson.com
Stephen McCarthy of The McCarthy Project put together a special report on the coaches and athletes who will be particpating in Kona Ironman.
1. Kris Swarthout, USA Triathlon Coach for Cindy Blackstock, on the history and the importance of helping athletes on the journey of life.
2. Cindy Blackstock, cancer survivor and Kona Ironman participant, has been chosen to be one of the featured athletes in this years race. She will share her story of victory over breast cancer less than a year ago to compete in this years race.
3. Winter Vinecki, 14 year old triathlete, on her father's untimely death from prostate cancer and how she turns the negatives in life into posititives.
For more information, visit The McCarthy Project.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (167 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (103 chatters)
- thelordshour (33 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (18 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (11 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (11 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (10 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (10 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (9 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- Bellesprit (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (6 chatters)
- 64621 (6 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Jewelcast JFTC in your ears (5 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (4 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (4 chatters)
- George Ramirez (4 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (4 chatters)
- Our Own Voices Live (3 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (3 chatters)
- Elder Coylette (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (3 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (2 chatters)
- FoReRadio (2 chatters)
- Gospelfest Sparta (2 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (2 chatters)
- Own Your Career (2 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- redmaryland (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Soulistic0 (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (1 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio Enso (1 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (1 chatters)
- Intuitive Guidance Lindsay Marino (1 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (1 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- CWA Radio (1 chatters)
- EYICHRIST (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Yvette Porter Moore (1 chatters)
- Gods Daily Counsel (0 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (0 chatters)
- SSRN (0 chatters)