SORT BY Relevancy
Guest: Barry Jacobsen, military historian, blogger and former US Army Special Forces, joins us for a discussion of what's happening in Iraq and the region.
Looking for a fun book to read? Check out my book:
CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN BY SILVIO CANTO JR
Mark Lee Greenblatt debuts his book- Valor- Unsung Heroes from Iraq, Afghanistan and the Home Front. Greenblatt shares insightful stories about our heroic veterans from recent wars and calls out our nation's need to support returning solidiers with jobs.
Mark has conducted investigations for the federal government for more than a decade. Over the course of his career, Mark has led investigations into criminal and ethical misconduct by senior officials in the U.S. and foreign governments, homeland security vulnerabilities, Medicare abuses, and tax cheats. During his tenure with the U.S. Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, Mark led the Senate’s investigation into the United Nations’ Oil-for-Food Program. In that role, Mark testified twice before the Senate to present evidence of corrupt deals involving foreign politicians and U.N. officials.
Before his government service, Mark was a litigator at two large international law firms and a law clerk for a Federal District Judge. He received his undergraduate degree from Duke University and a J.D. from Columbia University School of Law and was a Senior Managers in Government Fellow at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Was the Iraq war worth It? What did we accomplish?Who benefited from the war? Why can't our soldiers get the medical care they deserve? How many families have been broken by the cost of war? Was the human sacerifce worth in terms of life times injuries and death. How many additional deaths have occurred as a result of post tramatic syndrome? Has the state of Iraq gone back to what it was prior to war? What are the lessons learned?
Conservative talk radio from the outskirts of the hub of Western Civilization.
The way things are going in Iraq and Afghanistan, the prospects for lasting victory are fading with worse long-term consequences than Vietnam. The human cost of the Vietnam War was far greater than it has been in Iraq and Afghanistan, but I choose to believe that our warriors did not die in vain in Vietnam because we ultimately won the Cold War of which the wars in Korea and Vietnam were part. Still, we lost the Vietnam War and suffered lasting consequences as a result. What's at stake in the Middle East is greater than what was at stake in Vietnam.
The crisis in Iraq has driven up oil prices, which hurts American consumers and stifles growth. So, this is already costing you a lot. However, what you might not realize is that stifled economic growth can result in a market downturn, or in the worst case scenario, a recession.
Ignoring the situation can burn you. Getting the wrong advice can cost you.
Tune in for the facts, the stats and the solutions you need to protect and prosper in these (continuing) volatile times.
One of the major news items of the week has been the fall of Mosul and other parts of Iraq to a group of Islamists set on creating a caliphate in the area of Iraq and Syria. Two and a half years after leaving Iraq to their own devices, we're now seeing Iraq wasn't prepared to handle any threats or terrorism on their own. This is not about so much pointing fingers or assigning blame, although there are certainly decisions and actions taken that brought Iraq to this point. Mostly it's about relaying some of what is happening, with a report as well on what's happening to Christians in Mosul and the dangers they face. Also, a little bit more on the border situation down at Texas and Arizona and some thoughts on Eric Cantor's loss. That's today on American Faith Today at 4:30 Eastern and archived afterward.
Afghansian, Pakistan and Bangalesh are filled with women and girls who dream of more from life. Dream Bubble's host, Rabia opens the discussions to what is possible.
For G_d, For Country, For Freedom.
From Holger Awakens blog, dated December 22, 2011:
I've played the scenario out before for you all here but let me do it again...these bombings continue, then a wave of political assassinations begin and then the forces of al Qaeda go after their old strongholds of Fallujah and Ramadi and before you can say "Ayatollah Khomenei" there will be Iranian Qods Forces and Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces in Iraq ....invited their by the Shia leader of Iraq to maintain law and order. And then, it will be over. Does anyone really think al-Maliki is going to call up the U.S. troops in Kuwait to help? Nope. It's gonna be the Iranians and when they set foot on Iraqi soil, every Sunni group in the country is gonna go apeshit and it will be on.
Elections have consequences. No matter where you live.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (91 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (61 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (39 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (13 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (10 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (8 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (8 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (8 chatters)
- Jamaican Language Culture York (8 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (6 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (6 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (6 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (5 chatters)
- CE Radio (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Twin Radio (5 chatters)
- wayneG (4 chatters)
- Tinabrandon (4 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (3 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (3 chatters)
- Odwirafo (3 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (3 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (3 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (2 chatters)
- Common Ground Media Group OK (2 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- The Candy Coated Network (2 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (2 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- Sales Coaching Chalk Talk (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (1 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD MORNING SHOW (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Winning America Back (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (0 chatters)