SORT BY Relevancy
Men residing at the infamous institution speak out regarding retaliation, abuse and neglect. Why is the patient population of Coalinga State Hospital being treated so horrifically? Could it be that there is no "watchdog" overseeing the institution, as there is for prisons and other patients--those who are deemed mentally ill? Why isn't there a specific policy spelled out for the "SVP" population, as there is for people in prison (Title 15)? Why does it seem that the few "bad apples," whether staff or officers, are not fired--but in many cases, promoted? Why does a facility like this one have an astronomical budget (spending over $3 billion in California taxpayer dollars since the infamous institution opened its doors), yet very little media/public information released? Is it possible--do CSH employees really not have to pass the same psychiatric exam that CDCR employees do?
CSH News explores these important issues and more...
NOTE: This episode was rescheduled from last Thursday.
Hear from witnesses to the seclusion and restraint of a Coalinga State Hospital patient, Riccardo King, who was forcibly medicated and tied down to a bed for a few weeks. The man was unable to understand commands, yet was being verbally and physically abused. Another sad story of abuse/neglect at CSH is presented.
Then, hear from a man who successfully exited CSH in 2012, when his "SVP" case was dropped in Los Angeles County court. Clem reports in and discusses his life now, in Texas.
Gov. Terry Branstad announced that Iowa and the federal government will partner to run the state’s health insurance exchange in 2014. By the following year, Iowa plans to transition to a state-run model.The launch of the MNsure online marketplace, state leaders had begun certifying thousands of Minnesotans who will get paid to help people sign up for health insurance. They come from groups as wide-ranging as the liberal Planned Parenthood family planning organization and the conservative Teen Challenge addiction program.ST
On the show, we talk about the monumental Purdue loss to Ohio State, including the issues that continue to plague the Boilermakers. And we look ahead to Iowa, which comes to West Lafayette next weekend.
Also, we turn to basketball, with Purdue having its second exhibition Monday night.
Tune in for more on Coalinga State Hospital's most newsworthy information.
GIVE BACK: Support the grassroots efforts of Coalinga State Hospital News. Using Paypal, donate to CoalingaNews@gmail.com.
We got a little bit of everything tonight on Sports Talk with Bryan Nolen! We first will be joined by, Connor Letourneau, writer for the Oregonian! He will talk about the USC/Oregon State game tomorrow night. We will then be joined by BJ Rains, Idaho Press Tribune writer, previewing the Colorado State/Boise State game on Saturday night! We got a packed show so don't miss it!
Join Host Live Chats
- Curious Times (28 chatters)
- Love Productions (20 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (16 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (15 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (15 chatters)
- Jay King Network (13 chatters)
- 9 at 9 (13 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (13 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (12 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (10 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (9 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (9 chatters)
- Building Universal Consciousness (9 chatters)
- AMCpress news and views (8 chatters)
- Jason OBrien (8 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (8 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (8 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- Reader Tash (7 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (6 chatters)
- New Colony Network (6 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (6 chatters)
- INSOMNIAC Radio (6 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Faith Works (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (4 chatters)
- Secret Windows (3 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (3 chatters)
- Truth Education (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- King Noble Black Supremacy (3 chatters)
- MMWHP Productions LLC (3 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (2 chatters)
- men empowered (2 chatters)
- Linda Mooney (2 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (2 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- DiggerDan (2 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (2 chatters)
- WorstShowOnTheWeb (2 chatters)
- Sevin Hunnid (2 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (2 chatters)
- The Foundation Team Network (2 chatters)
- The Jets Beat (1 chatters)
- The AE System The Ministry of Hair (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Prayer International (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- DON JR CEO (1 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Laurie Smith (1 chatters)
- Israeli Stone (1 chatters)
- Jay Rex Music live Talk (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)