SORT BY Relevancy
Tonight we look to the scriptures to obtain hope in a time when many are becoming hopeless.
Getting back to basics by examining the Word of God and, especially, the Book of Acts Church, The Porch Online Bible Study is taking a deeper look into how the early church served the Lord.
Our desire is to find and restore the priesthood of the Believer and the world shaking influence the Early Church had. By delving deeper into scripture we will find the Church the Lord intended and not the one man created.
The Church Age is not over and therefore what took place in the Upper Room is as much for now as it was on the Day of Pentecost. If you know that there is more to your spiritual walk with Yeshua/Jesus and you want more then you are welcome to join us on this journey as we get back to basics!
The Porch is an outreach of Solomon's Porch Inc. http://www.onsolomonsporch.org. If you have any questions please visit the site and use the comment button.
Firefall Talk Radio is a part of the Firefall Media Group, a 501 (c)3 Not for Profit. Please consider supporting our efforts to educate, edify and inspire. http://firefalltalkradio.com
in Self Help
#TNT 08: Do you know how many people are incarcerated and paying for crimes they know nothing about or never committed. And how many have lost hope in their pursuit of Justice. Meet American Inspiration, Joan Treppa popularly admired as St. Joan and known as Joan Treppa-dation by the US media, a non-lawyer and Citizens Advocate who is promoting the Innocence Project in Minnesota and nationwide and advocates for wrongly convicted citizens in the US. Join Self-Help Mentor and Radio Host, Alex Okoroji #Live on THE NAKED TALK w/ Alex Okoroji on Wednesday, Feb 25, 2015 @ 10pm (WAT) | 11pm (CAT) | 1pm (PST) | 4pm (EST) | in a truly Uncensored and Inspirational conversation with today's Erin Brockovich of the American Justice System, as we compare the Judicial system and the myriads of judicial corruption and INJUSTICE in the US to the injustice happening in Nigeria/Africa....her participation in the Green Bay Rallies, her upcoming book and what inspired her to become a selfless voice for the voiceless and a ray of HOPE for the hopeless. Its INTERACTIVE, so feel free to call in and Join the Conversation on +1 (215) 383-3766. You don't want to miss this.
It's gonna be downright UNFILTERED!
Today on HELP! Relationships 102, we talk about the effect that the hopeless community of the "HOOD" has on an already hopeless and searching African American young man! Wounded by his relationship with his wounded parents, he search for in the street life that which he could not find at home, to his own statistical destruction!
Is there any hope for our lost African American sons?
Join us as we address the unaddressed issue of hope for the hopeless African American son!
TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6
Today, we come to the final message in our series, True Hope in Hopeless Times. Recapping what we have learned in this series, we know that the true hope of believers is Jesus Christ Himself and the event called the Rapture when He will call His church out of this world to be with Him forever. We look forward to the Rapture because it means being like Jesus, because it means being with Jesus, and because of the certainty of the coming of Jesus.
In our last message, we looked at how Christians should handle death from First Thessalonians chapter 4. By using three key words in that passage -- Sorrow, Sleep, and Spirit -- we saw that: (1) Christians do not have to be sorrowful about death because Christ conquered death and the grave; (2) For the Christian, death is really a sleep in which our bodies are laid to rest in the ground as they await the Rapture when they will be resurrected and transformed into glorious bodies; (3) When a Christian dies, his spirit immediately leaves his body and goes to be with the Lord.
Today, as we close out this series, we are going to look at the issue of the delay in Christ's coming. As we noted, the believers in Thessalonica were eager for Christ's return. In fact, scholars state that the disciples and the apostles expected Christ to return within their lifetime. So, understandably, they began to worry as they grew older and as their friends began to die, and Christ had not come back. Unlike many people today, they were not trying to cling to this world; they were eager to get out of this world.
Paul writes to the Thessalonian believers and helps them to understand some things regarding the delay in Christ's return.
In the episode of Hope is Now, Mandy Eppley will be interviewing entrepreneur and founder of Your Community Connector, Lori Ives-Godwin, about how her gift of connecting people, and her passion for alternate paths to health and happiness, came together after once being a chronic pain sufferer. They will discuss this in relation to Step 6 of The Model of Heart-Centered Grief - Service.
Once a chronic pain sufferer, now a chronic optimist; Lori is determined to show people that there are alternate paths towards health and happiness. Lori has a passion to help folks connect with the people, businesses, and information they need so that they can begin their journey towards health happiness and a different lifestyle. Formerly a denizen of Corporate America, Lori now uses the skills and techniques acquired in the corporate environment to help small local holistic and alternative businesses connect with the people that need their services. What started out as her journey towards health and healing has transformed into her company, Your Community Connector, LLC. The business began as a newsletter, grew into a website, and then started producing events designed to bring people together and celebrate our growing vibrant community. Your Community Connector is founded on the mission concept that sharing and spreading holistic, alternative, and integrative modalities will enable others to help with their own healing. www.yourcommunityconnector.com
The Voice of Hope is here to help Mandarin speakers improve their spoken English. Written, produced, and translated by certified American teachers, this show will appeal to children and help them to succeed in their English classes. Bible stories, based on the letter of the day, are also a part of the show. Please join us today for the letter "S."
Promise of Hope Radio Show - Happy Easter 2015! Time To Catch Up
Happy Easter!. We are excited to be back on the air and will try to catch you up on everything that has been going on with Promise of Hope over the last couple of months. God is doing many BIG things in our midst and we are excited to be a part of what He is doing. Join Chuck and Tim for this special update podcast.
Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message #161
TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Over the past few weeks, we have been looking at the topic of true hope in hopeless times. Last week, we looked specifically at Jesus’ command to “let not your hearts be troubled.” We can do this by choosing not to let our hearts be troubled, by choosing to believe in God, and by choosing to believe in Jesus Christ.
Today, as we continue with this theme, we are going to look at how the Christian deals with death. Death is all around us. People who were here yesterday are not here today. People who got up this morning will not be here tonight. You might have plans for this day that you will never get to fulfill because death will come knocking.
President William McKinley was the third American president to be assassinated. He clung to life for several days after he was shot. Towards the end, as his life slipped away, his wife started crying and screaming, "I want to go too! I want to go too!" With his last measure of strength, McKinley turned to her and spoke his final words: "We are all going.”
Yes, we are all going. And it is likely that you will see and hear about a lot of people who go before it is your turn to go. Let’s look at how we, as followers of Jesus Christ, are to handle death. We are going to do this by focusing on three key words in our passage -- Sorrow, Sleep, and Spirit.
Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message #159
TEXT: John 14:1-4
We have been looking at the topic of true hope in hopeless times over the past few weeks. And, ladies and gentlemen, our true hope is the same as Vance Havner's true hope -- and it is found in the same place -- in the back of the Bible. So far, we have learned that the true hope of Christians is a person -- Jesus Christ, and an event -- the Rapture, when Jesus Christ will come to earth to gather all those who believe in Him for salvation. In part 2 of this series, we also saw three reasons why we look forward to the Rapture:
1. We look forward to the Rapture because it means being like Jesus
2. We look forward to the Rapture because it means being with Jesus
3. We look forward to the Rapture because of the certainty of the promise of Christ's coming.
Today, I want us to look at how our hearts can be at peace during perilous times.
1. Choose not to have troubled hearts. In John 14:1-4, Jesus Christ tells His disciples and us to "let not your heart be troubled." The word troubled means "to cause inward commotion or to take away calmness of mind." Many of us skip over this little phrase and hurry on to Jesus' promises about going to Heaven and preparing a place for us there.
2. Choose to believe in God. The key to overcoming our troubled hearts is found immediately after Jesus' first statement. He says, "believe in God." This phrase is also a command.
3. Choose to believe in Jesus Christ. After telling His disciples to “believe in God,” Jesus Christ goes on to say, “believe also in Me.” This is the third command in this single verse.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (97 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (23 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (15 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (14 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (12 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (11 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (10 chatters)
- Allyson Byrd (8 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- Donny C (5 chatters)
- Angels Of Light (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Alex Cardinale Network (4 chatters)
- Papa CE (4 chatters)
- The DG Show (4 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (3 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (3 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (3 chatters)
- African On The Move (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (3 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- Authors Supporting Authors (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (2 chatters)
- PJewels Voice (2 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (2 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (2 chatters)
- True Humanity Party (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- The George Wilder Jr Show (1 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (1 chatters)
- GLOW 365 (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- UrbanLiteraryReview (0 chatters)