SORT BY Relevancy
Any episode that involves both a letter from a listener about how her kids enjoy YOUR Chillpak Hollywood Hour and a report from a former guest about people having sex while listening to your friends in podcasting has got to be hilarious and that certainly is the case this week!
Stand-up comedy, binge-watching, the suffragette movement, the Z Channel, Netflix, misogyny, Nancy Drew and Beth Henley’s “Abundance” are just some of the many topics covered on this week’s show. Enjoy!
in Pop Culture
Cooper and Vikki discuss a notable absence from Caitlyn’s special and her divorce from Chris. Tune-in to the first episode of Hollywood Hookups and Breakups on September 2nd. Their first show will feature an exclusive interview with Alyssa Milano. She’ll be dishing on celebrity hookups and breakups like the recent split between Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green.
The show starts with two “Live Events of the Week” before the opening theme song even plays! Dean tells tales of hanging out in Melbourne with Lou Diamond Phillips and Peter Shinkoda, then Phil gives a history lesson on a bright light in the 1930′s progressive movement in L.A., as well as a re-opened and re-modeled SoCal cultural icon.
After the opening, your friends in podcasting discuss a “Lawsuit of the Week” where theatre actors are suing their own union and a Federal investigation into claims that women filmmakers are being discriminated against in Hollywood.
Then, movies and television shows get reviewed and discussed, including the documentary “Merchants of Doubt”, the current releases “Room” and “Spotlight”, the films of Fritz Lang, new television series “Quantico”, “Grandfathered” and “The Grinder”, and the new season of “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee”. After that, Dean and Phil iscuss an email from a loyal listener about how “good” television might be standing in the way of “great television” (and whether this might be true of movies as well). Then, it’s an absolute information dump as dozens of big-screen and small-screen adaptations, remakes, reboots and revivals are previewed and debated. “Men in Black”, “The Watchmen”, “Die Hard”, “Roots”, “Charlie’s Angels”, “Twin Peaks”, “Hart to Hart”, “Flatliners”, “Lethal Weapon”, “John Wick” and “The A-Team” are only some of the titles that will get discussed.
This one should be called YOUR Chillpak Hollywood 70 Minutes!
The victims of the Umpqua shooting are remembered in “Celebrity Deaths”. Dean and Phil weigh in on another entry from the Film Fatales list of female-directed films everyone should see. This week’s selection comes from the super-talented Lynn Shelton. After that, Phil weighs in on two brand new, Oscar-hopefuls, taking one behind the shed for its unbearably bad casting. Another name is added to the list of great contemporary character performers to cherish and celebrate.
Then, guest correspondent Page Branson of Level 7 Access: A Marvel Agents of Shield Podcast joins Dean and Phil to review the pilot of The X-Files revival (which screened this weekend at New York Comic Con). She also hips us to all that’s upcoming on the small screen from Marvel – including Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Jessica Jones – and how the recent creative shakeup at the studio might affect their small screen fare.
YOUR Chillpak Hollywood Hour. Enjoy!
Indeed to all of us who have grown up watching him on the big screen and TV, Charlie Sheen coming forward to the public about his HIV status makes you wonder is Hollywood really that vain or is being blackmailed just a tactic to gain sympathy from the public? And if you were his wife or partner what would you do?
Your guess is as good as mine let's chop it up tonight at 8 p.m.
There are many questions to be asked (and hopefully answered) on this week’s show: How was Dean’s whirlwind trip to Vancouver to film the revival of “The X-Files”? Did that filming require his wearing a wig? Will he (and the other Lone Gunmen) return for more episodes? What to make of yet the latest theater shooting, and the life without parole sentencing of the Aurora, Colorado, shooter? How good is the new “Mission: Impossible” movie? How good OR bad is “Ant-Man”? Are superhero adaptations in general, and the Marvel universe specifically, still relevant?
All those questions, and many, many more are discussed.
So, naturally, the whole show begins with a discussion about …reincarnation?!
It’s YOUR Chillpak Hollywood Hour. So, enjoy!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (82 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (53 chatters)
- John Baptist (26 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (25 chatters)
- Tarhaka (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (9 chatters)
- Ask Alice Show (7 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (4 chatters)
- Bridging Spirit (4 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (4 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (4 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (4 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (4 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (3 chatters)
- The Gridiron Studs Show (3 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio ACO (3 chatters)
- PROPHETenergyreaderBrenda (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- alexas29 (2 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions 2 (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Thats Novel (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- The Huddle (1 chatters)
- The Randy Report (1 chatters)
- No-Tea with Chrita and Cryss (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Last Second Shot Podcast (1 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- Witch School (0 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (0 chatters)
- The Wealth-Stream AdViZor (0 chatters)