SORT BY Relevancy
We’re cleaning up our act and asking the big questions: Do we control our stuff? Or does our stuff control us? Are we hoarders in the making?
Tiffany Brooks HGTV Design Star and host of HGTV’s Most Embarrassing Rooms in America gives us a clean look at the piles she’s seen.
And we check in with hoarding expert Dr. Elspeth Bell. She shares strategies for dealing with hoarding, and what it means for the people and their lives before and after the TV cameras show their story.
We’re facing facts and sprucing up our biggest hidden messes. It’s time to let go of separation anxiety and take control.
Re-purposing, Having vs Hoarding!
9:00pm/Est 8:00pm/Ct 7:00pm/Mt 6:00pm/Pt
Live Listen and Chat go to: http://prepperbroadcasting.com/listen-chat/
Today I’ll be talking about the fine art of re-purposing items, and the potential of an ambitious, creative mind. I will also talk about having vs hording and the litmus test to tell where you stand. Cleanup days are coming all too often as I find myself saving everything.
It’s one thing to have useful stuff on hand to complete a task, but it’s quite another to surround yourself with a wall of “never-gunna-use” junk. How do you tell the difference? I dunno exactly. I do know every time I am able to successfully re-purpose something, my ability, or at least my need, to keep and think of new uses for things becomes more and more an obsession. I’ve decided I am not really to blame as it is a positive by-product of trying to be more self-sufficient. That is my story and I’m sticking to it.
Join me as I talk about some of the positives of hanging on to all those once used treasures such as minimizing costs and the "cool factor". I discuss some of the things we are doing here and toss in a few ideas on how to get kids involved using the artistic, creative side of things.
Visit Prepper Broadcasting HERE!
Tags: American Preppers Radio, Prepper Broadcasting
in Self Help
This show will address hoarding, journaling, and different types of therapy.
Dr. Alec Pollard, a clinical psycologist, at St. Louis University will talk about Hoarding, OCD and other anxiety disorders among older adults.
Dr. Alec Pollard, Founder and Director of the Anxiety Disorders Center (ADC) at Saint Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute (SLBMI) and Professor of Family and Community Medicine at Saint Louis University talks to listeners about hoarding, OCD and other anxiety disorders in aging adults. In 1982, Dr. Pollard established the first center in the St. Louis region dedicated to treatment, education, and research in the field of anxiety disorders. Since that time, the ADC has treated thousands of children, adolescents, and adults from over 40 states and 11 countries. Dr. Pollard is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the International Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Foundation (IOCDF) and chairs the IOCDF national training initiative, the Behavior Therapy Training Institute. He serves as a reviewer for numerous journals and conference program committees and has authored over 85 professional publications, including two books, Dying of Embarrassment: Help for Social Anxiety and The Agoraphobia Workbook. Saint Louis University Department of Family and Community Medicine 1402 South Grand Boulevard O'Donnell Hall, 2nd Floor St. Louis, MO 63104 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org St. Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute
Hoarding is the acquiring and keeping of so many possessions that areas of the home become unusable, yet the person continues to avoid any meaningful reduction of the belongings. By using an intervention technique called Harm Reduction we can help the person that hoards by helping them to be safe and giving them owbership in their decisions.
Join host Tami Neumann in conversation with Debbie Stanley, Mental Health Counselor, Corporate Psychologist and founder of Thoughts In Order. Through this conversation you will learn that hoarding isn't criminal or abusive to another person and ways to successfully help the person who hoards to be safe in their environment.
Connect with Debbie:
Website It's Not About the Stuff: Understanding Hoarding, Part 1
If you've seen the TV show "Hoarders" - you know how bad this problem can be. But let's face it - we all have a "Hoarder" in us. That one room, or garage or shed or desk or even drawer - that we refuse to let anyone see.
Today we talk with professional organizer, Patty Hoyt, about the mental aspects of being chronically disorganized, and how to get past it, and clean up those messy places in our lives. I know I needed this show, and I know most of us do!
Please join us today as we talk about how to take control of those out-of-control places in our homes, offices, cars and world.
On Everyday KC
Hoarding is the acquiring and keeping of so many possessions that areas of the home become unusable, yet the person continues to avoid any meaningful reduction of the belongings.
Our natural reaction when walking into the home of someone who hoards is to take all of the items and throw them out. This may be one of the most harmful things we can do when trying to hep the person that hoards.
Join host Tami Neumann in conversation with Debbie Stanley, Mental Health Counselor, Corporate Psychologist and founder of Thoughts In Order. Through this conversation you will learn that hoarding isn't criminal or abusive to another person and the key points to understanding this behavior.
If you have a loved one, neighbor or friend that you may feel is hoarding please tune in to this two part series about hoarding. Where we will discuss the Key Points About Hoarding to understand why someone hoards and in Part 2 on September 18 you will learn about Harm Reduction.
If you have a question that you would like to ask Debbie Stanley please be sure to tune into the discussion live and call (646) 478-4343 to speak with Debbie live, or go to Facebook to post your questions that will be asked in the show.
Connect with Debbie:
Website Harm Reduction: Understanding Hoarding, Part 2
What does Santa bring 1-Union-801 this year? We've been good. WE PROMISE
We bring to you Ryan Pennington from "Views from the Jumpseat" to talk to us about hoarding in EMS!
PLUS your tweets, posts to http://www.facebook.com/1union801thewebcast and phone calls to (347) 826-7894
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (155 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (28 chatters)
- Annahilation (27 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (20 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (13 chatters)
- The 720 Show (12 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (9 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (8 chatters)
- Michael Bonner (8 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (8 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (6 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (5 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (5 chatters)
- Truf Bros (5 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (5 chatters)
- Woman 2 Woman1 (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- Omega Man (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (4 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- DJ NIA BOOM (3 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (3 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Political T and T (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (2 chatters)
- FoReRadio (2 chatters)
- New Colony Network (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- Lady Faatimah (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- Live with TLGriffin (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Patriot Voices of Social Media (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Sex Help with Carol the Coach (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- We Game (1 chatters)
- Table Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)