SORT BY Relevancy
IN 2012 1.2 MILLION AMERICANS WERE LIVING WITH HIV / AIDS.
DURING THAT SAME TIME ON 19 PERCENT OF THOSE AMERICANS WERE RECEIVING THE PROPER CARE NEEDED.
THE SAD PART IS MANY OF THEM CONTRACTED FROM THE PARTNERS [HUSBAND / WIFE] HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?
ON THE SHOW TODAY WE WILL TAKE A LOOK AT THIS DISEASE FROM THE EYES OF A YOUNG LATER WHOM WAS GIVEN HIV BY HER HUSBAND.
COME JOIN US FOR A VERY ENLIGHTENING AND INFORMATIVE SHOW.
WITH SPECIAL GUEST: RENEE LADY BYRD BURGESS
Hey everyone, Caleb Rutherford here with another episode of Rise Up Nation! This week we're going to recap the Falcons devastating loss to the Patriots on national television as well as figure out what in the heck is wrong with the team. I'll be joined by Jeanna Thomas this week. Hope you'll join us and if you do, thanks for listening!
The stigma against HIV is alive and well in the US and the world, and no where does this play out more poignantly than in the thousands of orphans with HIV. Adoptive parents are often afraid of adopting a child with HIV. How sick will these children be? What is their life expectancy? How much risk do they pose to other family members? Our guest are Dr. Jan Piatt, Medical Director at the Bill Holt Pediatric HIV Clinic at Phoenix Children's Hospital , Kate Foley, Social Worker and Associate Director of Outreach at Spence-Chapin Adoption Agency, and Traci Heim a Director for Project HOPEFUL, a nonprofit bringing education and encouragement for those adopting children with HIV. She is also a parent to 10 children through adoption, including a child with HIV.
Blog summary of the show and highlights can be found here: Blog summary of the show Highlights More Creating a Family resources on donor insemination can be found here.
Anthony Johnson is a community advocate, a volunteer with a number of organizations, creator and organizer of an HIV social/support group, and 18 year survivor of HIV. A few years ago I was ready to end my life because of the health issues I was facing and the isolation I was dealing with. I have fought that and am now in the best health I have ever been in (physically, emotionally, and spiritually). One of the things I have done is to publicize my life living with HIV and the obstacles I have overcome though different local and national campaigns and media interviews. The reason for this is to reduce stigma associated with HIV/AIDS and help people understand that though this is now a manageable disease in many ways, there are still issues that many of us face. We should not live in fear and shame for having a very HUMAN condition. I am also a fulltime student earning a bachelor’s degree in psychology and only have a few more weeks to go. I am excited because I know that the next part of my journey will be just as AMAZING as the last.
HIV N AIDS INFECTED AND AFFECTED FAMILIES
The church must see that the story of AIDS is not about epidemiology, economics, or statistics. Rather it is the story of pain, anguish, fear, and neglect.
Counseling is the second area of opportunity for the church to work with those infected with the HIV virus and AIDS. They and their families are in serious need.
Kevin Maloney, founder of Rise up to HIV. In March 2010, Kevin learned he had contracted HIV, and one month later with follow up labs was told he has also contracted Hepatitis C. Kevin was not an intravenous drug user. The hepatitis C piggy backed onto the HIV virus. Kevin was seroconverting at the time he found out of his HIV diagnosis, and fortunately caught his hepatitis C early too. That diagnosis was his rock bottom. He had been dealing with an addiction, and these diagnoses gave him reas
Hey everyone, welcome to Episode 6 of Rise Up Nation. I'm Caleb Rutherford and today we're going to be talking about the Falcons second preseason game tonight against the Ravens. I'll be joined by a couple of the Falcoholic writers. Hope you'll join us! Thanks for listening!
Tonight Robert & Jeromy will be discussing HIV Criminalization with Robert Suttle and Tami Haught
Robert Suttle was convicted under Louisiana’s HIV-specific criminal statute after accepting a plea bargain and served six months in a Louisiana prison for HIV non-disclosure to a former partner, with whom he had a contentious relationship. Upon his release in January 2011, he has become engaged in anti-criminalization advocacy work.Today he is now assistant director of The SERO Project, a new nonprofit initiative combating HIV criminalization, stigma, and discrimination, promoting the empowerment of people with HIV, providing support to those charged or at risk of being prosecuted.
Tami Haught is the Community Organizer for Community HIV/Hepatitis Advocates of Iowa Network (CHAIN) the lead advocacy group in Iowa working to modernize Iowa's HIV specific criminalization law. Tami is also President of Positive Iowans Taking Charge, the lead educational, emotional and social support group for Iowans living with HIV/AIDS. She is on several other boards including the SERO Project Board of Directors and USPLHIV Caucus.
Thank You for joining us today for another episode of 'Be A Healthy Caregiver' hosted by 'The Bow Tie Guy' Chris MacLellan.
Today we welcome Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Steven Schwabish to our show.
Today topic: HIV, People Think It Is Over!
Steven has been a Licensed Mental Health Counselor for over 30 years and has been HIV + for 27 of those years. Recent studies indicate that there is an increase of HIV cases in seniors. People think HIV is over, but it's never over!
Through is personal and professional experiences, Steven has a keen understanding of the effects of this insidious disease. Steven will lead is in conversation in regards to his diagnosis, his care and how he has been able to survive for 27 years with the HIV virus. Additionally, Steven will be able to talk about HIV through the eye of a clinician who has worked in the trenches with HIV.
Through our conversation with Steven, we will all learn how to 'Be A Healthy Caregiver!'
Hey everyone, welcome to the seventh episode of Rise Up Nation. I'm Caleb Rutherford and today we're going to preview the Falcons' third preseason game against the Tennessee Titans! Thanks for listening!
Join Host Live Chats
- TheThinkingAtheist (109 chatters)
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (91 chatters)
- SHRAonair (42 chatters)
- Omega Man (18 chatters)
- shadowseeker01 (16 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (14 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (13 chatters)
- Not Politically Correct with Trisha (12 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (9 chatters)
- HOV Radio (9 chatters)
- Patriot Family (8 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (7 chatters)
- LibertyRules (7 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (7 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (7 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (6 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (6 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (5 chatters)
- Lady Sapphire Radio (5 chatters)
- in5d (5 chatters)
- carsonscorner (4 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (4 chatters)
- Alaska Talks Liberty (4 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (4 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (4 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B Frank Stylz (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (3 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (3 chatters)
- We are TOPS (2 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (2 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (2 chatters)
- Empowered By Christ (2 chatters)
- Common Sense for America (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (2 chatters)
- Objectively Speaking (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- The Dr Kim Show (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Tribulation News (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Conversation Cafe (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Christian Network (1 chatters)
- Taboo Fetish Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Rick Moran (1 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (1 chatters)
- REALCOMBATMEDIA (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Art Bulla (1 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (1 chatters)
- CTKRMinistries (1 chatters)
- Everything But Normal (1 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (1 chatters)
- Family Of a Vet (1 chatters)
- FanvsFan0 (1 chatters)
- Its All You (1 chatters)
- Youth Speaks (1 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (1 chatters)