SORT BY Relevancy
If you saw Our America With Lisa Ling this past Thursday, I will be talking to one of the the guest on the show and that I would consider a long distance friend of mine. With National HIV Testing Day on June 27th, this would be the perfect time to discuss the epidemic of HIV. Bringing the awareness of HIV/AIDS is one of those things that always will need to be discussed and kept on the forefront. Though people are getting tested and wearing condoms there has still be in a rise in HIV/AIDS cases. Tune in for this important interview!
On Today's Show -
We will be discussing the ballroom scene, Houses and there relationship to the Philadelphia LGBTQ Community at large and HIV Testing. Is the ballroom community intentionally falsifying HIV data by instructing it's members to get tsted repeatedly using different names and information? There are many ballroom community members that are doing great things for the community and they shall also be mentioned.
For so long, HIV has been a prominent disease in the community and we are having an episode to discuss everyone's different views toward the disease and how to overcome it as well as determine the cause of its spread and why it has yet to be eradicated. The purpose is to not only bring awareness to the disease itself but also to educate others on the people they may or may not know that have it; to create a better understanding of one another.
Join Nicky Dare, host of iDARE Radio, exclusive interview in observance of National HIV Testing Day (NHTD) January 27.
Special Guest: Author, singer/songwriter, actor and HIV/AIDS awareness advocate, Nicholas Snow.
"Sometimes it is as much about the destination as it is about the journey, especially when the experience, as a whole, enables a process of rediscovery of self and reevaluation of life. Such idea comes to mind upon reading Life Positive: A Journey to the Center of My Heart, a new book by foreign correspondent, actor, activist and media personality Nicholas Snow, who delivers a candid story about the power of perseverance, and the necessity of believing in and following one's dreams in spite of all odds." ...Alina Oswald, A&U Magazine
See www.LifePositiveBook.com and www.SnowbizNow.com
Nicky Dare, Host of IDARE Outdoors Radio.
in Pop Culture
Since being diagnosed with HIV 18 years ago, Duane Cramer has become a tireless advocate for HIV awareness and education, using his photography and creative skills to bring attention to the disease. He is well known for his photography-based HIV awareness visuals, and particularly for his efforts in the African-American community, which has been disproportionately affected by HIV.
In each episode, Producer/Host Nicholas Snow focuses on "Connecting the Circuitry of Humanity."
The presenting sponsor for this episode is Intervention 911, part of Ken Seeley Communities (Nicholas Snow Productions LLC is honored to also produce the podcast, Intervention 911 with Ken Seeley, available at this link.
Check out Nicholas Snow's powerful memoir, Life Positive: A Journey to the Center of My Heart.
Twitter | Facebook Page | YouTube Channel | Books | Official Website
HIV and AIDS is the silent killer in the black community and folks just don't want to talk about it but this week I am talking about it on my show.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, African-Americans make up nearly half of the roughly one million Americans HIV. Young adults account for much of the rising number of infections, especially African-American teenagers.
The CDC estimates that more than half of the young people diagnosed with HIV between the ages of 13 and 24 - that roughly 14 percent overall - are African-American. to shine a spotlight on this epidemic I am doing a series "Black Men Living With HIV In America.
My first guest was Marcus McPherson an HIV positive African-American man who grew up in Mississippi and now lives and goes to college in New York City. My second guess was Justin B Terry-Smith an HIV advocate and activist from Washington DC. Today my guest is Christopher Barnhill, you've seen him on BET's 106 & Park, on the cover of many magazines and he speaks at conferences all around the country. He is an HIV/AIDS Advocate and activist from D.C. He was born with HIV but didn't know his status until he was 16 and decided his status would be his mission.
Today we learn who he is, what it has been like for him living as a Black man with HIV in America and what his mission is.
in Self Help
Welcome to the award winning show “the Conversation” in its 4th year airing on Blog Talk Radio. This show features the brightest and most unique guests we can find. We offer a dose of positive energy to inspire, motivate and educate you our listeners. Welcome sit back and enjoy the show!
Hosts: Klarque Garrison and Michele Gilliam-Morrissey
Denise Stokes: Denise is an author, National Speaker and AIDS/HIV Advocate who will speak to us about why we should still care about the Worldwide crisis.
Harrine Freeman: author of "How to Get Out of Debt" and Financial Guru drops by to talk about how to use crowd funding to get your finances on track.
Vanessa Richardson: Playwright and founder of "The Certain Ones" Magazine is here to talk about her newest project "Love Redemption"
All this and more....
Because February 7th, is the National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, the show of this week will address the Intersection of HIV/AIDS, Violence against Women and Girls, & Gender–Related Health Disparities.
Data support the need to address not only HIV/AIDS and IPV, but also their intersection:
- Most women living with HIV had experienced IPV
- Among women living with HIV/AIDS, trauma, abuse and violence are associated with less use of antiretroviral medication, decreased medication adherence, and increased risk of death
- HIV infection may trigger or augment physical violence, particularly against women
Join Host Live Chats
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (34 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (23 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (12 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (10 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- Fresh Fridays (2 chatters)
- cowpote (2 chatters)
- HumanSpirit Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Red Velvet Media (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- TheRealSideRadio (2 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (1 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (1 chatters)
- Talking WithTruth (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- The Final Say (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (1 chatters)
- Hillside Chronicles (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (1 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (1 chatters)
- Negdog Radio (1 chatters)
- nXphase Records (1 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (1 chatters)
- Papa CE (1 chatters)
- Dr Ed Moloney (1 chatters)
- Authority Smashers (1 chatters)
- churchfolk (1 chatters)
- Come And Pour The T With Me (1 chatters)
- FCFRX Week In Review (1 chatters)
- WBMCRadio (1 chatters)
- Zach and Angela (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (0 chatters)
- N San Diego Business (0 chatters)
- Show Time Radio Time (0 chatters)
- Transparency in Christ Channel (0 chatters)