SORT BY Relevancy
Listen to what we're doing...what we're offering and why you and your children should join us!
Our lessons are about American History, but will also include some geography, a little language lesson and information about some key people in our history.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. June, 24th, 10pm-12midnight EST (7pm – 9pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) The debate over the Confederate Flag continues as States and Retailers come out against it. We’ll deal with some of “The History of the Confederate Flag” and some little known facts about it. 2) Details about the Freddie Gray autopsy have been released and gives more insight into his injuries. 3) Is President Obama snubbing African American Newspapers? 4) This date in African American History.
Help Support The African History Network Crowdfunding Campaign. We are trying to raise $200 today to reach our daily goal. If 200 people donate at least $1 we will reach today’s goal. Visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and click on the “Donate” button.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, June, 29th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/
1) Did you see President Obama’s eulogy for Rev. Clementa Pinckney on Friday? What did you think about it? 2) An activist on Saturday today down the Confederate Battle Flag at the South Carolina State Capitol. Why? What about the American Flag? 3) Legendary Educator Marva Collins has died at age 78. 4) There have been 6 Black churches in the South that have been set on fire. What’s going on? 5) This date in African American History – Muhammad Ali wins his case against the U.S. for refusing to be drafted in the U.S. Army, June 28th, 1971.
Kiersey Clemmons (Guest)
Clemons is best known for her role as Bianca on the TV series, Transparent. She also plays Sophia in the MTV original series, Eye Candy. In the new film DOPE, she does an outstanding job, as she stars as a lesbian tomboy.
A critical hit and audience favorite out of the 2015 Sundance Film Festival and an official selection of the 2015 Cannes International Film Festival Directors’ Fortnight, in DOPE, Malcolm (Shameik Moore) is carefully surviving life in a tough neighborhood in Los Angeles while juggling college applications, academic interviews, and the SAT. A chance invitation to an underground party leads him into an adventure that could allow him to go from being a geek, to being dope, to ultimately being himself. DOPE opens nationwide June 19. 2015.
"Dope" Trailer 4 Starring A$AP Rocky, Chanel Iman, Shameik Moore
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, 8pm-10pm EST with guest Jessica Holter founder of The Punany Poets. She will talk about The Punany Poets, their upcoming Summer Tour Dates and their upcoming date in Detroit, MI on Friday, June 26th at 1515 Broadway. Tickets are available at www.PunanyTickets.com. Call 510-600-9747 for Customer Service or to inquire about making special announcements, such as anniversaries and engagements at the show. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/06/19/jessica-holter-of-the-punany-poets-part-2-haitian-dominican-history.
Part 2: “The Bloody Origins of the Dominican Republic’s Ethnic ‘Cleansing’ of Haitians”. We did Part 1 on Wednesday, June 17th. We'll continue this discussion on history lesson on tonight's show. Hundreds of thousands of Haitians in The Dominican Republic stand to be deported.
On June 17th, 2015 in South Carolina, 9 people were shot at the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church. This was Denmark Vesey's Church. We'll talk about the shooting and the history of the Church.
We have an exciting show lined up for you! Author Carole Dean of the best selling book, The Art of Film Funding, Second Edition, will share alternative funding concepts to support great success!
To learn more about Carole and From the Heart Productions please visit www.FromtheHeartProductions.com.
Visit and Like her Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/fromtheheartgrants?fref=ts
Join 'Missing Page Of History' on Sat., June , 2015 at 12 Noon EST. MPH will focus on the theme: 'The Missing Pages of the History of Voting, Crime & Policing.' We will also speak on some 'current events of the day.' Join Us by dailing in to (818) 337-0016 or go online at www.blogtalkradio.com/missing-pages-of-history-inc
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Mon. May, 25th, 10:00pm-12:00midnight EST (7:00pm-9:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep. We'll discuss “The History of Memorial Day and It’s African American Origins”. We’ll also talk about the acquittal of Office Michael Brelo in Cleveland Ohio. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/26/the-history-of-memorial-day-and-its-african-american-origins or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
We'll discuss current events on tonight's show.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. May, 27th, 10:00pm-12:00midnight EST (7:00pm-9:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep founder of The African History Network? We’ll discuss “Five on The Black Handside: The History of the “Dap” and African American Handshakes”. Did you ever wonder where the “Dap” came from, fist bumping, etc.? CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/28/five-on-the-black-handside-the-history-of-the-dap-and-african-american-hands or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) Five on The Black Handside, the history of the “Dap” and African American Handshakes. 2) Baltimore City Schools layoff notices go out. 3) The Justice Department issues reforms to fix Cleveland policing. What is next? 4) This date in African American History – Elijah McCoy, Inventor
Maria Iliou is your Director Manager, your Co-host for Autistic Broadcasting News on Sunday's. Sharing the News of te Day. Our Autistic Advocates and Advocates. Prayers for Jess Davis, and Jocelyn Davis Eastman Health issues for speedy recovery back to health. Tonight Show is going to be different for our live listeners around our world.
Maria Iliou is your Director Manager, your co-host and your host Phoebe Murer for Autistic Theatre Music Author Caf'e on Sunday's. Phoebe sharing her story while trying to come out of the shadows and the descrimination I faced The past several years and how I am getting around it
Join Host Live Chats
- Star Nations Radio Network (22 chatters)
- Hoshaiah Israel (12 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (8 chatters)
- Success Freaks (6 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (3 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance Ministries (1 chatters)
- Wealthy Sistas (1 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (1 chatters)
- FMMK Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Negdog Radio (1 chatters)
- New Twist Radio (1 chatters)
- Alzheimers Speaks Radio (1 chatters)
- Back Porch Writer (1 chatters)
- Best People We Know (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)