SORT BY Relevancy
David Raiklen, composer for many Hollywood films including Mia, the Emmy award winning film, shares insights on getting the best music for your film. His website is http://davidraiklen.com/.
To learn more about Carole Dean and From the Heart Productions please visit www.FromtheHeartProductions.com
Listen to what we're doing...what we're offering and why you and your children should join us!
Our lessons are about American History, but will also include some geography, a little language lesson and information about some key people in our history.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. June, 24th, 10pm-12midnight EST (7pm – 9pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) The debate over the Confederate Flag continues as States and Retailers come out against it. We’ll deal with some of “The History of the Confederate Flag” and some little known facts about it. 2) Details about the Freddie Gray autopsy have been released and gives more insight into his injuries. 3) Is President Obama snubbing African American Newspapers? 4) This date in African American History.
Help Support The African History Network Crowdfunding Campaign. We are trying to raise $200 today to reach our daily goal. If 200 people donate at least $1 we will reach today’s goal. Visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and click on the “Donate” button.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, June, 29th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/
1) Did you see President Obama’s eulogy for Rev. Clementa Pinckney on Friday? What did you think about it? 2) An activist on Saturday today down the Confederate Battle Flag at the South Carolina State Capitol. Why? What about the American Flag? 3) Legendary Educator Marva Collins has died at age 78. 4) There have been 6 Black churches in the South that have been set on fire. What’s going on? 5) This date in African American History – Muhammad Ali wins his case against the U.S. for refusing to be drafted in the U.S. Army, June 28th, 1971.
Kiersey Clemmons (Guest)
Clemons is best known for her role as Bianca on the TV series, Transparent. She also plays Sophia in the MTV original series, Eye Candy. In the new film DOPE, she does an outstanding job, as she stars as a lesbian tomboy.
A critical hit and audience favorite out of the 2015 Sundance Film Festival and an official selection of the 2015 Cannes International Film Festival Directors’ Fortnight, in DOPE, Malcolm (Shameik Moore) is carefully surviving life in a tough neighborhood in Los Angeles while juggling college applications, academic interviews, and the SAT. A chance invitation to an underground party leads him into an adventure that could allow him to go from being a geek, to being dope, to ultimately being himself. DOPE opens nationwide June 19. 2015.
"Dope" Trailer 4 Starring A$AP Rocky, Chanel Iman, Shameik Moore
Maria Iliou is your Director Manager, your co-Host and your host Jocelyn Davis Eastman or Jess Davis for Autistic Broadcasting News on Sunday's. Our Autistic Advocates: Jess Davis, Jocelyn Davis Eastman, Maria Iliou and our Advocates: Sharon Davis...Sharing the News of the Day.
Maria Iliou is your Director Manager, your Host for Autistic Theatre Music Author Caf'e on Sunday's. Special Encored
“Rev. Dr. DLC Boyce and: Let's Talk-U – my monthly...advice program...to help you...become a better you...!!!”
This week’s topic: “A Time for Prophets...!!! - What's...The PLAN...???”
This is the story on this week’s…The BCS Experience!
Really Cool People...all across the country will be tuning-in to "The BCS Experience: History-Arts-Culture-Politics in Review & Discussion" – live – every Wednesday – 5-6 pm (EST) on www.goproradio.com.
Watch "The BCS Experience…" - live on - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/go-pro-radio-network.
If you're xtra cool...you'll call in to voice your opinion 347-884-9839. Call-in… because I want to hear from you.
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, 8pm-10pm EST with guest Jessica Holter founder of The Punany Poets. She will talk about The Punany Poets, their upcoming Summer Tour Dates and their upcoming date in Detroit, MI on Friday, June 26th at 1515 Broadway. Tickets are available at www.PunanyTickets.com. Call 510-600-9747 for Customer Service or to inquire about making special announcements, such as anniversaries and engagements at the show. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/06/19/jessica-holter-of-the-punany-poets-part-2-haitian-dominican-history.
Part 2: “The Bloody Origins of the Dominican Republic’s Ethnic ‘Cleansing’ of Haitians”. We did Part 1 on Wednesday, June 17th. We'll continue this discussion on history lesson on tonight's show. Hundreds of thousands of Haitians in The Dominican Republic stand to be deported.
On June 17th, 2015 in South Carolina, 9 people were shot at the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church. This was Denmark Vesey's Church. We'll talk about the shooting and the history of the Church.
Tonight Pop Art Painter Jamie Roxx (www.JamieRoxx.us) welcomes Filmmakers Ramsey Stoneburner & Juli Tapken (the Shoes) to the show!
When young Grace experiences a tragic moment in her life, it changes her story. The Shoes is a short film that follows Grace's journey through sadness and loneliness. It is during this most vulnerable time that she must decide how to respond when she becomes the target of a bully.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Happy Hour variety show, airing live online from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On This Episode:
- Ceremonial Herbs – Herbalist Cynthia Johnston, owner of MoonMaid Botanicals, discusses the different herbs used for various ceremonial and spiritual practices.
- Casa De Coronado Museum – Yvonne Peach nostalgic travel and household artifacts featured in the Casa de Coronado Museum in Yuma, Arizona
- Yuma Events & Activities – Hear about upcoming summer events and activities in Yuma with Rex Ijams – Yuma Art Center & Historic Yuma Theatre, Chuck Heeman – Yuma Civic Center, Oscar Chavez – City of Yuma Recreation Program Specialist, and Ronnie Ridgers – Desert Hills Golf Course.
- The Peanut Patch – Hear about the Fabulous Fan Fudge Club presented by The Peanut Patch in Yuma, AZ
- Medjool Dates – Summer Medjool Date treats with Debbie Mansheim of Basket Creations & More in Yuma, AZ
We have an exciting show lined up for you! Author Carole Dean of the best selling book, The Art of Film Funding, Second Edition, will share alternative funding concepts to support great success!
To learn more about Carole and From the Heart Productions please visit www.FromtheHeartProductions.com.
Visit and Like her Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/fromtheheartgrants?fref=ts