SORT BY Relevancy
Live on nubiahoodradio.com
Live on Blogtalk Radio
Tune in to Herbal Intellect this Saturday at 4pm Pacific
On this week's show we will discuss:
Intro and updates
The Science of Herbalism
How to get the most benefit out of your herbs
Examples of common herbs
Free downloadable Powerpoint presentation to accompany the show
Here are some upcoming show topics:
More on Stress and your Thoughts
The Enteric Nervous system
Diabetes and Sugar Addiction in black America
Coffee the herb, and Caffeine the Drug
Lupus, What Can We Do?
Take the poll at herbalintelelct.wordpress.com
Don't be shy, discuss with Us. Call in to the studio at 323-815-8729
Voice your concerns about disease and health in our black community!
Have chronic stress or other health concerns? Sign up for a health consultation!
Support black businesses now and always!
Want to have your own show on nubiahoodradio.com? Get stared here!
Listen 24/7 on the new Android app or on TuneIN
Join MsBlue & Dr Yew Wholistic Herbalism , come as Dr Yew speaks on Wholistic Herbalism. There will be a Q & A
Dr Yew of YEW360.com for all Healing needs.
Herbs for Chakras and Energy
Contact Dr Yew : www.yew360.com
Phone Number Contact:: 202-469-0264
Contact MsBlue: question4blue @ ( Gmail) com
www.msblueblast.com/cards KYM Oracle Deck
www.msblueblast.com Know Your Magic Audio Workbook
Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with real people making change. Empower Yourself the Wise Woman Way. Call in or listen online. get answers to your questions about herbs, herbalism, healing, health, diet, nutrition, natural remedies, alternative medicine, wild crafting, folk remedies, nature, meditation, menopause, childbearing, cancer prevention, general health care, disease prevention, spirit healing, energy healing, Reiki, yoga, and much more... general wellbeing the wise woman way, Susun Weed has been a health expert for five decades, she is the author of the Wise Woman Herbal Series and she is an international speaker on the topics of health, healing, wellbeing and disease prevention. Listen in to hear her opinions on raw foods, veganism, fasting, juicing, colonics, supplements, vitamins, detoxing, vegetarianism, paleo, gluten free and other fads.. Energize yourself as you lean about Susun's personal faith in nature and natural healing the Wise Woman Way.
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of your health questions followed by an 30 minute informative interview with Robyn Griggs Lawrence. Robyn Griggs Lawrence, a writer/editor, yoga instructor and single mother, first helped introduce sustainable lifestyles and healthy homes to mainstream America with Natural Home magazine and explored the Japanese art of finding beauty in imperfection with The Wabi-Sabi House (2004), and Simply Imperfect: Revisiting the Wabi-Sabi House (2011). Her new mission is to educate people about how to safely prepare and imbibe organic, sustainably grown cannabis for health and wellbeing through The Cannabis Kitchen Cookbook, a collection of know-how, advice and recipes from America’s top cannabis chefs.
this episode Q&A includes:
• preparations for ground ivy- water, alcohol, vinegar, honey, oil...
• fermenting herbs? any herb with tannins can be fermented with kombucha
• tell your body what to do and it will listen...
• herbal support for long term traveling and choosing herbs with multiple uses- yarrow, hypericum, skullcap, wormwood, motherwort, slippery elm balls, arnica gel..
• slippery elm or marshmallow root? bark from limb of tree or root from perennial plant..
• what to eat raw and what to cook...
• women who cook their salad with oil slash their breast cancer risk by 78%...
• read about testicles in Susun's book 'Down There'...
Herbal Formulas, The Basics!
The Herbal Prepper Live
on American Preppers Radio!
Sundays 7:00pm/Est 6:00pm/Ct 5:00pm/Mt 4:00pm/Pt
Live Listen and Chat go to: http://prepperbroadcasting.com/listen-chat/
Herbal remedies are a severely underutilized resource by preppers. Plant-based remedies provide an easy, affordable, and renewable alternative for post-collapse medicines. Herbs, mushrooms, trees, and other natural items, like honey, provide a wealth of traditional remedies that you can make and grow at home with minimal and easy-to-obtain equipment.
Be sure to tune in and listen to how easy it is to make your own herbal remedies. They are a prepper’s health’s best friend.
Read More HERE!
Tags: American Preppers Radio, Prepper Broadcasting, The Herbal Prepper, Health Care
No Show this week. We will be back in two weeks on January 5, 2016. Happy Holidays!!!
LA DOLCE VITA: A four-part series for creating the life you want
This series is about developing the tools to make having a Good Life the main course as opposed to a side-dish!
Module One: December 9th
Great Expectations: Let's begin with finding the 'why?' that drives you.
Set meaningful goals, and feel more positive about the world around you.
Take the La Dolce Vita: Quiz and start mapping your quest!
Module Two: December 12th
Self-awareness: Where is your comfort zone?
Explore the La Dolce Vita: Setting Boundaries Worksheet
Module Three: December 16th
Learn tips for striking balance
Create a non-hurried routine
Stave off stress and burnout with simplicity!
Module Four: January 3rd
Action plan: Start with baby-steps today and enjoy a happier, more productive tomorrow
Consider the La Dolce Vita: Quality-of-Life checklist and discover what you are working with
Change is most lasting when it's built on small positive habits
Write me to receive quizzes and materials before the show!
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Zoe Helene.
Zoe Helene (@cosmicsister.com), a multidisciplinary artist, cultural activist and psychedelic feminist, is connecting visionaries who share her commitment to women’s rights, animal rights and the right to journey with sacred plants. Zoe’s work has been featured in Forbes, Boston Magazine, Utne Reader, Outside Magazine, Boston Globe, Newsday, MIT Technology Review, and Fast Company. Her sustainability articles have been published in LA Yoga, Organic Spa, Coco Eco, Eco Salon, Conscious Living, Endangered Species Coalition, Huffington Post, Organic Authority and Ladybud.
Zoe travels to remote regions with her husband and partner, ethnobotanist and Medicine Hunter Chris Kilham, to promote medicinal plants, environmental protection and cultural preservation.
In 2007, Zoe founded Cosmic Sister®, a collective for women who understand that true balance of power between genders will bring peace, progress and sustainability. In 2013, she launched the Cosmic Sister Plant Spirit Grant, a merit-based program that supports women as they experience ayahuasca ceremony in the Peruvian Amazon. Two new companion grant programs, Women of the Psychedelic Renaissance and Cosmic Sisters of Cannabis, focus on helping women educate the public about the benefits and risks of psychedelics and responsible use of sacred plants such as ayahuasca, cannabis, peyote, and psilocybin mushrooms, in transformational mind/body/spirit work. Zoe’s mission is to bring more powerful stories about women’s frontline work in this arena to the forefront of public conversation. Through a fiscal sponsorship with the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), donations for these projects are fully tax deductible. Please visit www.cosmicsister.com/support for more information.
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Sarah Salter-Kelly. Your ability to feel powerful, confident and capable is linked to how we have resolved the deeply painful experiences in our lives. We create value and meaning through venturing into the depths of our pain, transcending fear and making ourselves available to change. My gifts lay in illuminating this source of conflict within, and transforming its bondage, through understanding, compassion and ceremony. Sarah's website is http://www.sarahsalterkelly.com
this episode Q&A includes:
• one can be healthy when diagnosed with cancer and have no symptoms...
• prostate cancer- if you act within two weeks of dianosis, you will regret it- survival rates of those with prostate removed- no best answer- chemo, radiation- close monitoring- drink nourishing herbal infusions..
• breast cancer and prostate cancer are basically the same thing...
• breast cancer- phytosterols, estrogenic chemicals found in the environment, approximately 30 estrogens found in a woman's body...
• estrogens are not found in plants except estrace in orange peels, pomegranate seeds and young green beans...
• plastic has much more cancer feeding estrogens than any plant...
• radiation protection- cooked red and orange vegetables and seaweed..
• be sure to buy only cultivated american ginseng- on United Plant Savers list of endangered plants..
• can't stand the taste of infusions- find a way to like them...
• life isn't about making excuses, it's about finding ways to do it...
• no essential oils on breasts- lots of infused oil suggestions...
• cayenne oil- no healing from cayenne...
Join us for this exciting episode with Plant Medicine Practitioner, Medicine Maker, and Wildcrafter, Scott Kloos. Learn about his walk in Folk Medicine and the work he's been doing in Portland and beyond!
Scott Kloos has been working with the native plants of the Pacific NW since the late 90’s. In addition to many years of self-study, he completed the 1999 Herbal Apprenticeship Program at the Herb Pharm in Williams, OR, and in 2000, he attended a nine-month Community Herbalist Training Program with Christopher Hobbs. In 2009, he studied Traditional Western Herbalism: An Intuitive and Energetic Approach with Matthew Wood in Portland, OR.
He spent seven years studying the human psyche (his own and others) in Paul Levy’s Awakening in the Dream group. Paul’s unique synthesis of the Dzogchen School of Tibetan Buddhism, Western Alchemy, Jungian Psychology, the Dreambody Psychology of Arnold Mindell, and shamanism deeply shaped his view of the world and his approach to healing and working with plants.
He is the owner of Cascadia Folk Medicine, which produces small batch herbal extracts from the native plants of the region. In his healing practice he works with the psycho-spiritual aspects of plant medicine and hosts monthly Plant Teacher Ceremonies. He is one of the founders and a faculty member of the Elderberry School of Botanical Medicine in Portland, OR and is finishing his first book tentatively titled, "Wild Medicinal Plants of the Pacific Northwest: 120 Healing Herbs from Alumroot to Yerba Santa".
<3 <3 <3 TG
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Dan De Lion.
Dan De Lion is a Forager, Herbalist, and Teacher dedicated to working with Nature to facilitate the reunion of the people with our planetary purpose. Dan teaches through Return to Nature providing classes and weekend retreats in foraging and herbalism, making homemade remedies, fermentation and Kombucha brewing, ecological and mystic philosophy, and primitive and survival skills. He also makes herbal remedies, gives herbal consultations, runs year- long mentorship programs, and teaches custom group herbalism classes. Dans website is ReturntoNature.us and he can be contacted at Dan@Returntonature.us .
this episode Q&A includes:
• the whole reason you are taking care of yourself is so that you can get old...
• oxygen is the most reactive chemical we know of- we oxidize as we age..
• vision problems- Bates method of eye improvement or reading glasses...
• generally the people that grow herbs make little to no money...
• nourishing herbal infusions for everyone!!!
• can heat harm minerals? No...
• spotting can be an indication of a more serious problem- benefits of birth control pills...
• every seed, root and flower of every plant contain phytosterols just like those in redclover...
• phytosterols are acted on by gut flora...
• gut bacteria is the most important thing to your health...
• fibroids at 53 and still menstruating- Stop menstruating...
• just gave birth- 2nd degree tear- comfrey leaf infusion to drink and sitz in...
Join Host Live Chats
- BacktoBasicsRadio (23 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (13 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (8 chatters)
- PayMeWhatIamWorth (6 chatters)
- thelordshour (6 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (4 chatters)
- Ra Sekhi Radio (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- theghettotruthMagazine (4 chatters)
- The Lisa Affect (3 chatters)
- Rivers Spirit Messages (3 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (3 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (3 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (3 chatters)
- DBR--DragonBallRadio (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- DontLetThemBurn (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- cesarsghost (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (2 chatters)
- thedean (1 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (1 chatters)
- Vibe Radio Network (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Hillbilly Express (1 chatters)
- King Jordan TALK SHOW (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- The FIX (0 chatters)