SORT BY Relevancy
One of our hosts recently returned to the States from extended travel in Spain, and fascinated with the culture and history of this former jewel in the crown of worldwide Catholicism, he wanted to do a series of shows talking about Catholic Spain's impact on the world.
This show is the first in the series of Spain-themed shows. We will discuss how we got to the Spanish Civil War by reviewing the Reconquista, the Spanish Golden Age, the defeat of the Armada, and the malaise that persisted until the early 20th century.
As usual, we will take your calls and will also take questions over twitter (@truerestoration). Join us and our guest Charles Coulombe, noted Catholic historian and author. Mr. Coulombe's most recent book is called, "The Pope's Legion: The Multinational Fighting Force that Defended the Vatican."
True Restoration is a production of the Restoration Radio Network. All rights are reserved.
Hear an interview with the Foundation for Moral Law. Today we will discuss perspectives with Col John Eidsmoe and Ben Dupree. We will cover John Eidsmoe's latest blog on Otto von Hapsburg: The Prince, the Professor and the Sinner and also hear from Ben Dupre on the latest in the fight for morality. We will also touch on the issue of the building of the Ground Zero Mosque in New York.
Travel tips: holidays in Croatia and this week's best breaks at home and away
Baroque churches and cobbled streets in the capital of Slavonia, plus short holidays in Cornwall and Sardinia
Take me there: Osijek
Ryanair's new destination in Croatia (it launches flights from Stansted on 4 April) is a likable, laid-back university town. It's the capital of Slavonia, a land of cornfields, vineyards and pastel-hued villages, famed for its cuisine. (Nope, we'd never heard of it either.)
What to do
Soak up the Hapsburg-era charm, baroque churches and cobbled streets of Tvrda, the old town. Take a boat tour through Kopacki Rit Nature Park, one of Europe's largest wetland habitats (kopacki-rit.com). Cycle through the winelands of Baranja (biljeplus.hr). In summer, join locals swimming off the sandbanks of the River Drava.
Where to stay
Maksimilian (from £35, maksimilian.hr) is a home-from-home B&B with heaps of character in an old Austro-Hungarian building in historic Tvrda. It also offers bike hire (€10 per day).
Read full article: http://jeffreyblaze.buzznet.com/user/journal/17453918/corliss-group-travelers-tips-holidays/
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (55 chatters)
- Jay King Network (14 chatters)
- Angelically Inspired (10 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (6 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (5 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (5 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (4 chatters)
- PA Independent Living (3 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (3 chatters)
- Coach Cafe (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- Heavenly World Network (2 chatters)
- BlackHebrewIsraeliteRadioShow (2 chatters)
- Indie Books (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- harmonyofbeing (1 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (1 chatters)
- Purposed for Godliness (1 chatters)
- Charlotte View Internet Radio (1 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (1 chatters)
- Black Swan Radio (1 chatters)
- 2 Regular Guys Talking Decoration (1 chatters)
- AboveTheFray (1 chatters)
- Triple DarkGodis Radio (1 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (1 chatters)
- The Boochcast (1 chatters)
- The Networking Diva Hour (1 chatters)
- Jory Fisher (1 chatters)