SORT BY Relevancy
Young Adults sure need their Lord: 300,000 attempts at suicide every year with the young people of America. More teenagers died last year than the entire Iraqi war. Every 30 seconds a teenager is attempting suicide due to bullying.
One principal said we had 5 suicides in the last seven weeks. One principal canceled graduation because of a suicide that was going to happen during the graduation program. In front of one school a principal showed me a cemetery with gravestones representing students that had died the previous year in their school.
Bob Holmes is on a quest to stop bullying and suicides among young adults. We have an incredible high death rate for over dosing of drug and alcohol in New Hampshire. Bob has been speaking to young adults for the purpose of stopping drugs alcohol, and suicide among our young people in America. To learn more go to http://www.beatbob.com/
BOB IS A ONE MAN VOLLEYBALL TEAM WHO SINGLE-HANDEDLY TAKES ON TEAMS. RIPLEY’S BELIEVE IT OR NOT JUST FINISHED A SECOND STORY ON BOB BECAUSE OF HAVING PLAYED MORE GAMES THAN ANY ATHLETE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD IN ANY SPORT
18,400 WINS 365 LOSSES
HE HAS BEATEN THE: MINNESOTA VIKINGS, PITTSBURGH STEELERS, THE MIAMI DOLPHIN, WASHINGTON REDSKINS, TORONTO BLUE JAYS, BALTIMORE ORIOLES WITH CAL RIPKEN, A FIRST PLACE BEACH TEAM, THE BUFFALO BILLS THREE TIMES and HAS APPEARED IN OVER 5,500 GYMNASIUMS IN FRONT OF OVER 5 AND A HALF MILLION PEOPLE
Join Brad Hicks and Tony Ridlon as we speak to Gregg and Pauletta Clark of WhereShadowsWalk.com
October, of course, is the month for haunting, when lawns become littered with skeletons and witches fly in through branches of trees shedding their leaves. Store shelves are stocked with masks and makeup and an array of costumes, all designed to terrify. But on “Where Shadows Walk,” Franklin’s haunted history tour, you won’t find any of that. No masked hatchet men will jump from behind gravestones; black-eyed zombie undertakers will not be your guides, because, said Gregg Clark, the tour’s owner and guide, you won’t need them. The stories themselves elicit enough scare power on their own. The real-life history of Macon County, said Clark, is a sometimes ghastly, always intriguing tapestry of narratives that doesn’t need embellishing as much as it needs uncovering. So while Clark and his wife, Pauletta, may be the ones unearthing the past, they’re really just helping the past speak for itself.
On this program: Pres. Obama give Medal of Freedom, Texas Drivers Paid for DNA, Gravestones to be fitted with microchips in South Africa, Wine Maker sell can drinks, JP Morgan fined 13billion, Record Number of Nations Oppose Cuba Embargo, this week in court and much more.
EspreeNet News Radio is the place where we cover current affairs, world and national news some good, some bad but all the news you need to know from an Independent perspective.
LIVE: THURSDAY, 24 January 2013 at 1:00pm EST
This Thursday on Fieldstone Common we will speak with authors and brothers Thomas and William Gilson about their book Carved in Stone: The Artistry of Early New England Gravestones.
Gravestones are colonial America’s earliest sculpture and they provide a unique physical link to the European people who settled here. Carved in Stone is an elegant collection of over 80 fine duotone photographs, each a personal meditation on an old stone carving, and on New England’s past, where these stones tell stories about death at sea, epidemics such as small pox, the loss of children, and a grim view of the afterlife. The essay is a graceful narrative that explores a long personal involvement with the stones and their placement in New England landscape, and attempts to trace the curious and imperfectly documented story of carvers. Brief quotes from early New England writers accompany the images, and captions provide basic information about each stone. These meditative portraits present an intimate view of figures from New England graveyards and will be enjoyed by anyone with an interest in early Americana and fine art photography.
Thomas E. Gilson is the author of The New England Farm, a highly praised book of photographs. He taught black and white photography in Vermont for 17 years ans was managing editor and photographer for the New England Farmer. His photographs havd been widely published and exhibited.
William Gilson attended the University of Connecticut, and his writing has been published in journals and magazines including New England Review, Orion, and Poetry Salzburg Review.
The Gilson brothers were born and raised in Connecticut.
For more details and upcoming schedule see: http://FieldstoneCommon.blogspot.com
Listen in to Fieldstone Common this week as host Marian Pierre-Louis talks to John Thomas Grant, author of Final Thoughts: Eternal Beauty in Stone.
Photographer, Author, John Thomas Grant's conceptualization of Final Thoughts was the consequence of the unraveling of some old letters, a personal journey in search of his family roots, and the chance meeting with a young man in a small New England town.
John interprets and connects with history through the camera lens. He reminds us that the past resides with us, sometimes forgotten and sometimes celebrated. The unique quality of John's photos blends the past and the present together showing they are inseparably entwined.
Join us as we talk with John Thomas Grant about his book, his beautiful interpretation through photography and the impact it has had on his life and that of his readers.
For more details and upcoming schedule see: http://FieldstoneCommon.blogspot.com
LIVE: THURSDAY, 4 OCTOBER 2012 at 1:00pm EST
Gravestones across Scotland are being defaced. An ancient advanced civilisation is discovered under the remains of Skara Brae. Bonnie Prince Charlie returns to Scotland, two hundred years after his death. Edinburgh police unearth a mysterious surveillance operation on the Queen's residence and the Scottish Parliament. All these events take place in a Scotland which is both familiar and yet slightly twisted.
Events triggered thousands of years ago are about to reach a climax that not only threatens Scotland, but could finally hand the modern World the tools of its own destruction.
THE THREE WAYS TO WIN
1. Mick is giving away free download codes for The Lunacy Board album, “Stockholm” (currently costs around $5) music used in his book. Simply twitter the upcoming show link and include @mickbordet so he can DM you the download code. After the show airs, you can email Mick and put Podioracket in the subject line or send out a twitter with the archived show’s link. This month only!
2. There are three new characters who have been introduced in the latest episode, none of whom have been named so far. We will take one (sincere, please) name for each person who wants to give one. Mick will pick the best one for each character during the show. Chatters can give only one name so Mick will give us a brief description if the character and we will go from there.
3. The best question of the show will be chosen at the end of the show. The winner will receive a signed copy of the ‘Some Other Scotland’ spin-off short stories that have appeared on the Great Hites podcast.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (43 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (16 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (16 chatters)
- Pastor Paul Begley (13 chatters)
- Jay King Network (9 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (8 chatters)
- Alzheimers Speaks Radio (7 chatters)
- Patriot Voices Radio (7 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (5 chatters)
- Triple DarkGodis Radio (4 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Trish Hennessey (2 chatters)
- tlbethel (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- Barbara Grace Reynolds (2 chatters)
- Bernadette Boas (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- Cornerstone CU League (1 chatters)
- cres oneal (1 chatters)
- Energy Upstream (1 chatters)
- Heart to Heart with Anna (1 chatters)
- BOTTLED BUSINESS SENSE SHOW (1 chatters)
- Ilumine Ao (1 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (1 chatters)
- Manufacturing Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Metaphysical Showcase (1 chatters)
- Minister Patricia Dokes (1 chatters)
- Alan and Mike Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Boochcast (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (0 chatters)