SORT BY Relevancy
Host Robin Masiewicz and regulars Jamie and Gloria discuss "The Fun Theory", the theory that the easiest way to change human behavior for the better, is by making it fun to do. This was based on an ad campaign from Volkswagen where they decided to put the theory to the test in three behavioral experiments, the video of which is now posted on YouTube.
The first experiment was to see if more people would take the stairs rather than the escalator if they made it fun to do. The idea was to turn the stairs into a giant piano keyboard, where each stair represented a note. The lower notes were at the bottom of the stairs, and the higher ones on top. People discovered that they could make sounds as they went up or down the stairs.
The result? 66% more people than normal took the stairs over the escalator. Fun can obviously change behavior for the better.
The second experment was to see if they could get more people to throw their rubbish in the bin by making it fun to do. They wired a trash can so that each time you put something in, you heard a sound like a cartoon bomb falling down the world's deepest bin, then a boom when it "hit" the bottom.
The result of this experiment was that they collected 158 pounds of trash (72kg) in the "fun" bin compared to just 68 pounds (31kg) of trash in another bin just a short distance away.
The videos of these experiments went viral, resulting in other people trying to make other common tasks fun. So what do you think? Does novelty and fun help us to do the right thing
What do you get when you bring a Evidential Medium and a Healer together? YOU GET A LOT OF FUN!! ...and you also a LOT of INFORMATION.
Check out my IMPROMPTU SHOW tonight at 8PM Eastern with my special CO-HOST Amelia Pisano from Canada.
Topics will include: EVERYTHING FUN! And of course, we will answer your questions when you CALL IN.
With BlogTalkRadio, it's easy to join in the conversation no matter what you're doing! Simply call in from your PHONE and you can listen or ask us any question! Join us and take us WITH YOU on your walks, while you are driving, in your home, from your kitchen......., wherever you are, but definately JOIN US.... because
THIS SHOW is going to be FUN!
INNERSIGHT - "Open Mic Night" No Topic Say What You Like and Have Fun!
INNERSIGHT Means 'FREEDOM'
Advocates for the Disabled!
We welcome your calls for a free reading!
Need some guidance on a particular issue?
Have a question about what's going on in your life?
Need some insight into how best to move forward?
We're open for your questions!
For best results and to accommodate as many callers as possible, please limit your question to one topic and be specific.
Examples of questions:
why am I having trouble finding a job?
why am I having trouble with my love relationships?
why am I having trouble with my finances?
what seems to be blocking me from ___________?
why do I keep experiencing ____________ whenever I ____________?
how can I heal my relationship with ___________?
This episode will be about what to do locally. Staycations is one of the fastest growing summer vacation trends this summer. Austin is one of the fastest growing, most popular cities in the country. People travel here from all over the world for different events. What is here for the locals? Does it matter what your nationality is, if you are young or old? Join in on this discussion.
We'll talk with Charolette Moore a Austin Blogger and get her take.
We'll define staycations and discuss family friendly and great romantic couple fun.
We'll talk about Austin's ranking within the state for Tourism
This weeks travel news and travel trends.
Austin Travel Fun Facts
Upcoming Vacation Packages and trips
in Self Help
Do you ever have trouble choosing between what you think you should do vs. what you think would be FUN to do? Well...have we got a show for you.
Tune in to I AM U Radio when faculty members of the I AM Group University Beth Donnelly and Dagny Grant talk about "When in doubt?...have fun".
Listen in to this prerecorded broadcast discussing how to align with your joy, and allow the fun. It may not be as difficult as you think. "Shouldn't life be FUN?"
In this episode our hosts speak with Darryl Edwards. Darryl developed the primal play methodology to inspire others to make activity truly fun while getting incredibly healthier, fitter, and stronger in the process.
00:18 - Introduction to Darryl Edwards
00:44 - From the corporate world to the fitness world
02:55 - Health markers of a danger zone
04:34 - Primal fitness as a gateway to a paleo lifestyle
08:45 - Focusing on health
10:09 - From the aesthetic to the functional
11:27 - What fun and play mean and why they are important
15:16 - A more liberating approach to fitness
17:17 - Getting people off the couch and moving instead
19:37 - Getting kids moving well, playing, and creating good habits
22:53 - The meaning of play for adults
25:46 - A typical training session
28:07 - The definitions of health and fitness
31:00 - Child versus adult mentality
34:00 - The future of fitness: dystopian and utopian
37:51 - Fulfilling and discovering fitness potential
39:36 - Short questions related to exercise and movement
49:02 - Darryl's details and upcoming project
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (28 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (17 chatters)
- BeverlyD (7 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (5 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (5 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (4 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- Patriot Family (4 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (4 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (3 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (3 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- NatureofReality (3 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (3 chatters)
- thedean (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Christian View (2 chatters)
- The JEWEL Network (2 chatters)
- The Sanctuary (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (2 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (2 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Gettysburg Gerry (2 chatters)
- 63489 (2 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Broderic Adams (1 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- imamalfred (1 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (0 chatters)