SORT BY Relevancy
Our radio show is more than just making self-proclamations of being "real" men, it's a state of mind and a way of life. First and foremost, we do not hate ladies. But we cant stand the 98% of women out there who feel entitled for free drinks and dinners. Although we are brutally honest and unyielding in our views on soft males, single mothers, and mad black women, we do not promote hating or completely disrespecting women. However, we DO hate and disrespect is the never-ending BS that too many men have to go through on a daily basis when dealing with most women and society. In other words, we have no problem expressing absolute contempt towards any irrational, disrespectful, and/or unrealistic behavior or attitude that is normally portrayed by women. We are feverishly working to put an end to all of that.
THE FRIEND ZONE - Call (347) 237-5342 to LISTEN live or join in on the discussion.
There are differing explanations about what causes a person to be placed in the friend zone by another. It might result from misinterpreted signals or from a fear that a deeper relationship might jeopardize the friendship.
Here are some of my own ideas of several cases in which someone might become relegated to the friend zone:
(1) person A is insufficiently attracted to person B,
(2) person A misinterprets nonverbal cues from person B signaling their interest in deepening the relationship,
(3) there is sexual repulsion (but not enough to block a friendship).
(4) In a friendship between the two people, being relegated to the friend zone can happen to either person
(5) In another instance, a woman described her male friend, someone she was comfortable with as if he was one of her girlfriends, but their relationship became problematic when he wanted their relationship to develop romantically but she did not. One man compared the friend zone to being a "third wheel" and having only a platonic relationship with a woman.(6) the friend zone is "like the penalty box of dating, when your only crime is not being buff and unobtainable.
 always having girlfriends who were "girls" but were only his "friends", meaning there was no sex between them.
We’re Back and In the House Live Saturday July 19th
Once Again It's Time For The TAKE OVA SHOW!!! The Ladies take over the show this weekend!!
Come Kick it with DJ K-One and The Take Ova Crew
Click this link to Join Our Show
*Every Friday & Saturday 7pm MT/6pm PT/8pm CT/9pm ET *...http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thetakeovashow
“The Friend Zone: Platonic Friendships with the Opposite Sex”
Can 'friends' of the opposite sex truly be platonic and no motivation or thoughts of exploring outside of the 'friend zone'? Is it okay to have a platonic close friend of the opposite sex while in an exclusive relationship? Tune in as we explore this topic. The love lines are open Saturday July 19, 2014 7 pm MT/6pm PT/8pm CT/9pm ET.
Today's topic can be touchy to many but here it is, plain and simple: "The Friend-Zone"
What is the "Friend-Zone"?
+ The "Friend-Zone" is a made up concept to rationalize, you guessed it, REJECTION.
What do you mean its a made up concept?
+ I mean, its all a cover up! Simply kinder words for rejection, or the denial of rejection.
Well what if I have known this person for a while (or what feels to be a while)?
+ If you have known someone for a while and things didn't click by now, they are probably not going to, MOVE ON!
That was harsh!
+ Alright here's the deal; there's a person you have known for a certain amount of time (many years or a few days), and you feel close but when you bring up being in a relationship and immediately shut you down. Yet you still spend time (and money) with that person, you've been "Friend-Zoned" (rejected), in one of the worst ways. This person keeps you guessing as to whether you will have a chance or not, and THEY KNOW IT, so in all reality when you think this person is someone you can confide in, they aren't. They have been using you this whole time.
Wow, that was deep, so each time a person says "I'm stuck in the Friend-Zone", they are really just trying to cope with the rejection ?What if the rejection isn't clear?
+ Personally I know a lot of men with this problem, though I am sure women experience this as well, when people say they have been friend zoned they are just scorned with the uncertain rejection that has no closure. They can't get over it, and then obsess. This is creepy, desperate and just plain embarrassing. Nobody wants to be with someone who is desperate- because then that person isn't actually special. They will just be filling space and wasting time.
The friend zone. We've all heard of it and most of us have experienced it. Because of this, it is true that males and females can indeed be friends. The question is though, if that line is crossed, what happens to that friendship? Call in this Monday on our new day and time @ 7pm EST to comment on the HOT TOPIC ~ "CAN A PLATONIC FRIENDSHIP EVER BE THE SAME AFTER HAVING SEX?" Call 760.283.4647 to comment and hit the #1 key to comment! You can also watch us LIVE on uStream @ www.eblockradio.com and DON'T FORGET TO DOWNLOAD THE "E-BLOCK RADIO" MOBILE APP FROM GOOGLE PLAY RIGHT NOW!!
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (39 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (27 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (9 chatters)
- Chatting with Sherri (7 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (5 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (5 chatters)
- Trish Hennessey (4 chatters)
- Dr Michael Harris (3 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (2 chatters)
- Linda West (2 chatters)
- Passing 4 Normal (2 chatters)
- Pastor Mike Tarsi (2 chatters)
- Rev James 0011 (2 chatters)
- Red River Radio (1 chatters)
- Chicken Whisperer (1 chatters)
- George Gomond Radio (1 chatters)
- The Boochcast (1 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (1 chatters)
- Yuen Method Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- UI Daily (0 chatters)