SORT BY Relevancy
After a deadly shooting at a historic african american church in Charleston South Carolina by a racially motivated gunman, leads to the removal of the confederate flag. However will it's removal change what's in the hearts of other extremists? Find out on the next episode of FRESHANOMICZ RADIO
The killing of 9 innocent people by the racist savage Dylann Roof has caused a call for the confederate flag to come down. Alabama has removed the flag,South Carolina is taking a vote on the issue and retailers have stopped selling the flag. Some feel it's a attack on their heritage while others feel the confederate flag represents hate.
We are going to open up the phone lines tonight and let you, our listeners contribute to the discussion of the controversy surrounding the Confederate Flag from all different angles. No matter what side of the issue you fall on, we will allow you to have some time to express your opinion.
'Take it down': Rallying cry of anti-Confederate flag demonstrators demanding South Carolina legislators to remove it from the State House grounds
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3136355/It-belongs-museum-not-sovereign-ground-Rallying-cry-anti-Confederate-demonstrators-South-Carolina-s-State-House-demanding-legislators-remove-flag-grounds.html#ixzz3dvq8kDpr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Breakthrough for Obama as the Senate signals that it will give him the go-ahead to negotiate a Pacific Rim deal
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3136185/Obama-s-trade-proposal-operating-table-Senate.html#ixzz3dvqc2h6o
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. June, 24th, 10pm-12midnight EST (7pm – 9pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) The debate over the Confederate Flag continues as States and Retailers come out against it. We’ll deal with some of “The History of the Confederate Flag” and some little known facts about it. 2) Details about the Freddie Gray autopsy have been released and gives more insight into his injuries. 3) Is President Obama snubbing African American Newspapers? 4) This date in African American History.
Help Support The African History Network Crowdfunding Campaign. We are trying to raise $200 today to reach our daily goal. If 200 people donate at least $1 we will reach today’s goal. Visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and click on the “Donate” button.
Nothing is more powerful than forgiveness. Forgiving is something only you can decide to do for yourself. When its power occurs publicly, people react quite differently. However, calmness and clarity of thoughts, actions, and reactions occur when we choose to forgive. When we choose otherwise, chaos ensues and tensions rise.
Join The Right Voice as we discuss the shooting at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church and Gov. Nikki Haley's call to remove the Confederate flag from the grounds of South Carolina's State Capitol. We will also talk about race relations in America, overcoming evil with good, and so much more.
Tune in to The Right Voice for the live show with Glo Smith and Adrienne Ross from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern every Tuesday. Become part of the conversation by calling in at (646) 200-3715 to comment and ask questions. If you miss the live show, remember that each show is archived, so you may listen at a time that is convenient for you.
Join me, Jack July host of Dead Wrong Radio as we discuss the issues of the day. Starting with the Confederate Battle flag. I have some thoughts.
In the second hour we will ajourn to authors corner talk to Roy M Griffis, discuss his books and his works in progress. Should be fun.
WHAT'S GOOD FAM...YESTERDAY WAS MONDAY AND WE TALKED ON THE TOPIC OF "THE CHASE"...TODAY'S TOPIC IS, "TO FLAG OR NOT TO FLAG"...AND MY QUESTION FOR TODAY IS..."WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS/CONCERNS IN REGARDS TO THE FLYING OF THE CONFEDERATE FLAG IN SOUTH CAROLINA?"...TUNE IN FROM 6:30P - 7:00P... (EST) @ BLOGTALKRADIO.COM AND CALL IN (347) 857-2320 TO BECOME PART OF THE LIVE BROADCAST OR JUST HIT US UP IN THE CHATROOM TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS/OPINIONS...EITHER WAY...JOIN US......WE'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!!
IF YOU'RE NOT A FOLLOWER OF THE SHOW BY NOW...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR...FOLLOW ME, I'D APPRECIATE IT!!!!!
This week, Scott M Terry and Richard Grossman discuss raising homestead hogs. Hogs are very useful homestead animal that produce meat for the table and quality entertainment for the family. We will also discuss the current controversy over the confederate battle flag. Two hours of down home, backwoods conversation that you won't want to miss.
Some defenders of the Confederate flag in South Carolina and around the country say the flag is not a symbol of racism and violence -- but of states' rights. They say the Civil War was waged by the South to limit the authority of President Lincoln and the federal government over the states.
Others say -- more accurately -- that the South fought to preserve slavery on the theory that whites are superior to blacks. Whatever the causes of the civil war, the issues of states' rights and race are deeply related. And not just in the past, but today as well.
Either way removing the confederate flag will not change the climate of racism or the spirit of hate. The flag is only symbolic of this mindset. Therefore, many say keep your flag , and give ME justice.
Let's talk about the reasons that this flag is what it is and let's move forward to get rid of it and the thoughts that people have when bearing this flag. Join the show at 10:00am. Call (818)301-5834
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (69 chatters)
- John Baptist (67 chatters)
- American Statesman (56 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (43 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (40 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- DDP Radio (16 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (14 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (12 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- Littany (9 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (7 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (7 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (6 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (5 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- Thats Novel (4 chatters)
- A i m Network (4 chatters)
- Black Author Network (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (3 chatters)
- Joseph Gibson (3 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (3 chatters)
- Off the Bat (3 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- VERTIKAL LIVE Radio (2 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (2 chatters)
- nwo truth radio media (2 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Get Right Radio1 (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (1 chatters)
- Brower Report (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Real Talk No Filter (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Nu Ankh Radio (1 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (1 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)