SORT BY Relevancy
Early in EMS education we are presented with the idea that "time" is a factor in much of what we do. Golden Hours, Platinum Ten Minutes, Time is Muscle etc.
While some of these can help us with our treatment and transport decisions, have you ever wondered or questioned if they are getting in the way of patient care?
As EMS providers we bring much of the Emergency Department to the patient. Even more so we are expected to provide certain levels of care to our patients prior to delivery to these ED's.
I am sure that you have been questioned or made to feel like less of a provider when you don't provide certain aspects of care. Even when it was due to trying to follow dictated "time" constraints that are expected and may have been in the patients better interest to transport rather than perform a skill prior to arrival at the ED.
So what do you think? Are these time markers valuable to us as providers or helpful?
Do we end up focusing too much on them and not on what is best for the patient?
Join us for this episode as we discuss this and other popular EMS topics. Call in Toll Free or come into the chat room to share your opinion.
Visit Jim at EMSSEO.com
Check out Josh over at WANTYNU.com and be sure to look up his newest EMS Tool - The PALM.
We focus a lot on response in EMS. Our response allong with our training can effect patient outcomes. But what about when response is the focus without equal attention to training. Getting there is only part of what we do, yet is often the one marker that is looked at when it comes to a patients outcome.
This week we talk about EMS response, call types, training and how they reflect on patient outcomes.
Does the 8-10 minute response have a positive impact or is it better training and equipment?
Join us for this discussion.
When thinking about rural EMS systems compared to an urban setting. Does the rural setting have certain advantages? What about disadvantages? Issues like available resources, transport times, volunteers, skills frequency and others can play a role in overall patient care.
So what are your thoughts? Do these two systems differ? Are they similar enough not to matter in the long run?
Join us for this episode and give your experiences in the chat room or call in toll free.
EMS has a language of it's own. Have you ever tried talking to someone outside of EMS about a call you had, the way you do things at work or even explaining how a protocol works? They usually get confused, don't understand or it's just too much and they don't care.
They may even think you are cold or uncaring based on a story you may tell or frustration you described from a call.
This week we talk about this language and why we do it, how it helps us cope and if we should even bring outsiders into our little inside stories.
We also plan on talking about how easy it is to treat from the sidelines and specifcally a recent EMS/Police issue from NYC that was video taped and is being judged from the sidelines of FaceBook and other social media outlets.
Join Jim, Josh and Dave as they discuss the above and welcome any guest callers and chat room participants live.
This episode we discuss a recent video where EMS providers in NYC are shown with a patient in police custody who ended up dying. More importantly we talk about the all the Monday Morning Quarterbacks that have judged and sentenced these providers with knowing the full story, including local politicians and other EMS governing bodies.
We also talk about the perception in EMS with videos like this one and how that perception is damaged even more with countless FaceBook posts and comments.
This week is the second half of the live show from July 27 with Jim , Josh and Dave Brenner along with guest caller Donald as they try and give their views on the topic.
As EMS professionals we do a job. Part of that job is being available to take calls and respond in a timely manner. Utilization of EMS crews and tracking times on scene, in hospitals etc. ensure
we are meeting the goals of response. However, when does this metric of time begin to effect patient care, documentation and even response?
Take a listen to this episode and share your thoughts below. I have a feeling we will be re-visiting this topic soon and hope to add your feedback to the discussion.
Patient assessment in EMS is pointed to as the key ingredient with our patient contacts. Yet how much time is really spent on this in class? Things like the importance of reassessment, differential diagnosis and treatments. We seem to have this pride of ABCDE, DCAP, BTLS and knowing it, sticking to primary and secondary surveys. But what about really knowing what we are looking for and identifying true emergencies instead of fitting patients into protocols? Join us for this episode, share your patient assessment tips and tell us your indoctrination into "patient assessment".
25% Off WANTYNU wrench use promo code "emsofficehours" at http://wantynu.com
Donate for the 10-13 at http://goo.gl/aQq8c
Every day in EMS we make decisions. They can be for patient care, transport, refusals and documentation. What do you feel influences these decisions each day? The simple answer may be "whatever is best for the patient". But sometimes the reality of the answer may be more like "what is best for me and what my agency wants".
Join us for this episode as we jump on this topic and also how we as indvidual providers can try and influence decisions that our agency makes. Decisions that can be focused on patient care alone.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (122 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (74 chatters)
- Channel Panel (64 chatters)
- John Baptist (63 chatters)
- in5d (55 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (19 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (14 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (13 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (13 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (12 chatters)
- Tarhaka (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- AlimBey (9 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (9 chatters)
- thedean (9 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (7 chatters)
- DentTrainerXcom (7 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (7 chatters)
- Angel Amy (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- WHEELZ UP RADIO (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (4 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (4 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (3 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- Social Geek Radio (3 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (3 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (3 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (3 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (3 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Chillz33 (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- KCIII (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Dr Fred (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- MMA Jam (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (2 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- No Turning Back (1 chatters)
- Off the Bat (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- practice what u preach network (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- GIPBKR Radio Station (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- CyndieLepori (1 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (0 chatters)