SORT BY Relevancy
This week we talk about the part time EMS provider. The volunteer, the person who uses EMS as a part time income or because they enjoy the rush, the change from a desk job. Does this type of workforce help or hurt us as a profession? How does this demographic in EMS effect the supply and demand for employers?
How does this all translate to those of us who depend on EMS for our livelihood? Join us for this discussion and bring your experiences and opinions.
This episode is sponsored by EMS Manager. They have an easy to use and innovative employee management and scheduling software that you can get a customized free trial of by going to http://emsmanager.net and signing up today.
Last week we talked about EMS being a hobby. This week we steer the conversation a little bit and discuss the sharing of responsibilities.
EMTs doing ALS, firefighters doing EMS and now even law enforcement giving drugs that traditionally only advanced level EMS providers could give.
Do these types of skill set cross overs help EMS as a profession or do they further the perception that ANYONE can do our job at minimal cost.
Join us with your thoughts.
This episode is sponsored by EMS Manager. Be sure to sign up for a free trial of their software at http://emsmanager.net
Do you have a passion for EMS? Seek out training, surround yourself with like minded professionals. Do you read the blogs, the articles the websites? More importantly do you show the passion in your work, with your patients and coworkers?
For some EMS becomes just a job, a place for a paycheck, a pit stop on the way to other careers. This can be frustrating for those who have a passion to see. Then once in awhile you see or hear a story and it makes you realize that most of us in EMS are truly passionate.
Whether paid or volunteer it takes a certain someone to be an EMS professional. Join us as we discuss just who that someone is. It may just be you.
This episode is sponsored by EMS Manager. Sign up for a free trial of their innovative employee scheduling software at http://emsmanager.net
The topic of EMS providers being able to demand higher pay is often seen in various blogs, forums and facebook groups.
We have even discussed it here on the show several times and points of view about education, training, nursng etc have all come up.
But what is that sweet spot? What is the "number' that would be fair based on our training and education? Do you have one in your head that you think is fair?
Fueled by the recent JEMS report, this is lining up to be a great episode.
Join us for this episode as we discuss pay in EMS, getting more of it and what should be the starting or end point in EMS salary ranges.
====== This episode is sponsored by EMS Manager. Get a free trial of this powerful EMS employee scheduling software at http://emsmanager.net
====== JEMS article can be seen at http://www.jems.com/article/surveys/2013-jems-salary-workplace-survey
This week we discuss post traumatic stress disorder in EMS. How do we deal with it, how does it effect us and our performance in the field?
Join us for this dicussion along with other topics of interest.
This podcast is sponsored by EMS Manager. You can get a free trial of thier innovative EMS scheduling software at http://emsmanager.net Sign up today.
Jims favorite episode is here. The monthly Rapid Fire show. Anything goes as always but there will be some 9/11 discussion this week as well.
Bring your EMS stories, comments and opinions.
We are sponsored by EMS Manager. An innovative and easy to use EMS employee scheduling software. You can get a free trial over at http://emsmanager.net
Where do you see yourself in five or ten years in the EMS field? Do you even see yourself doing it that long? Have you considered all the options open in EMS or have you started to set your sights elsewhere? Come join Jim in this episode and help answer these questions or maybe find the answer yourself.
Do you see EMS as a career? A profession worthy of education and dedication at the individual level?
Or do you view it as a stepping stone.
Recently there been some discussion on two real sections of EMS. The ambulance drivers and the paramedics.
Join us for our take on this along with more discussion on everything EMS.
EMS Office Hours is sponsire by EMS Manager. Sign up for a free trial of this powerful time and money saving employee sheduling software here http://emsmanager.net
Where do you put yourself working in EMS? I think it can come down to three key self titles.
Provider - the person that does the job, does it well and looks for that paycheck, the job security.
Professional - still does a great a job, expects the paycheck but also goes above the basics. Seeks out training, knowledge and interaction with other EMS folks.
Evangelist - This may be you too. Beating the drum of all that is EMS. Absorbing as much education as you can, taking part in out of work activities. Spreading the good word of EMS where ever you go.
So where do you fit in? Maybe you are a little of all three. Join us as we discuss this topic and bring your drum.
EMS Office Hours is sponsored by EMS Manager. Sign up for a free trial of their employee scheduling and management software here - http://emsmanager.net
We are back live after a two week break and will bring some real and unreal EMS headlines and answer a few complex questions sent in by listeners.
This is set to be a great show, listen in, chat live or call in toll free.
This episode is sponsored by EMS Manager. Sign up today for a customized free trial of their employee scheduling and managment software. http://emsmanager.net
What are the requirements to be in EMS? Are there any screening requirements that instill confidence in the public?
Shouldn't we require stricter rules to allow someone to become an EMT or paramedic?
Join us live for this and other topics facing EMS.
Visit our sponsor EMS Manager for a free trial of their employee scheduling software. Click here,
Jim interviews Greg Friese, MS, NREMT-P and talks about how EMS organizations and individual practitioners can use social media for career networking, education, and personnel management.
See Greg at
Twitter with Greg at
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (52 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (31 chatters)
- Tune In Tomorrow (23 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (21 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (13 chatters)
- AwakeningYourSoul w Diahanna (13 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B Frank Stylz (10 chatters)
- Omega Man (10 chatters)
- Tarhaka (8 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (8 chatters)
- MCR Media Sports Talk Radio (7 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO HOST (6 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (6 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- Lady Sapphire Radio (5 chatters)
- Kraze Radio (4 chatters)
- Because Hope Matters Radio (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Straitway (3 chatters)
- We Built That Network (3 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (3 chatters)
- Comedian Dave Arena (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (3 chatters)
- GullahGeechee Riddim (3 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (3 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (3 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (3 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Common Sense for America (2 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (2 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (2 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (2 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (2 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (2 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (2 chatters)
- The hour of truth0 (2 chatters)
- This Is Infamous Radio (1 chatters)
- Talk 2 Me Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Tribulation News (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- BNTL (1 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (1 chatters)
- DOT COM RADIO1 (1 chatters)
- MoonMaid Botanicals (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Intuitive Guidance Lindsay Marino (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- Kerri Edelman (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (0 chatters)