SORT BY Relevancy
Elder Goldwire McLendon spent seven decades ministering to people in song and words before he had the opportunity to minister on a world-wide stage as a contestant on Season 3 of BET’s Sunday Best, the world’s leading gospel competition television show. The spirited and charismatic, then 79-year-old gained a large and devoted group of fans as he made his way toward the show’s finale, where he was first-runner-up to Le’Andria Johnson.
Now, at age 81, he has a recording contract with Mathew Knowles’ Music World Gospel, which will release his first solo CD, The Best of Elder Goldwire McLendon. The CD, which features new recordings of songs he performed on Sunday Best, will be available online and in stores on April 24, 2012.
Mr. McLendon favors us with his presence as he shares a little more about who he is and what this all means to him.
Elder Goldwire McLendon spent seven decades ministering to people in song and words before he had the opportunity to minister on a world-wide stage as a contestant on Season 3 of BET’s Sunday Best, the world’s leading gospel competition television show. The spirited and charismatic 79-year-old gained a large and devoted group of fans as he made his way toward the show’s finale, where he was first-runner-up to Le’Andria Johnson. Now, at age 81, he has a recording contract with Mathew Knowles’ Music World Gospel, which will release his first solo CD, The Best of Elder Goldwire McLendon.
Aspiring to Inspire!
Financial elder abuse is on the rise in California. People are living longer due to advances in science, medicine, health, fitness and nutrition. At the same time, "seniors" (those over 65 years of age - which is still relatively "young" if you think about it) are some of the sole survivors of the "mortgage meltdown" and they are oftens the victims of financial fraud and "elder abuse." This husband and wife podcast discusses what elder abuse is, how to spot it, and the types of legal claims we handle as a California financial elder abuse law firm.
Common perpetrators of financial elder abuse
1. Attorneys (these professionals are in a position of "trust" and "confidence" and can unduly influence, coerce, misinform and cause seniors to make very bad financial decisions that can affect real estate, and stock portfolios). Attorney malpractice is another common claim in this area. We have seen "counseling" that has resulted in the loss of substantial equity in residential and commercial real estate estate.
2. Car dealerships (Car dealerships can try to "steal your trade" or engage in "bait and swtich advertising" or sock you away in a car loan that
5. Family (kids who see their parents as easy targets).
6. Mortgage brokers (lenders and loan officers can sock a senior away - and take exorbitant loan fees - to steer an elder into an unconscionable predatory loan (ex. a negative amrotization or "option arm loan") or fail to advise as to the advisability (or non-advisablity) of a reverse mortgage. These fees can be "taken" in bad faith resulting in serious daamges to an elder.
S.M.I.L.E.3E presents Elder Kathy Kendall "GOD Still Heals"
Join Elder Ross Edwards as he ministers the Word tonight!!
Elder Townsend accepted her call to ministry on December 29, 1999. She sat under the tutelage of Bishop Terry McCaskill Sr. while serving at Mt. Sinai World Outreach Ministry. She was ordained as an Elder in the Lord's church on November 12, 2010. Elder Townsend served as the assistant to the Bishop at the Greenville location. Elder Townsend currently serves as the Director of Spiritual Innovation under Pastor James Perry Jr. of Empowerment Worship Center. She is also one of many women to have been inducted into the hall of Professional Women. She has accepted her call to go higher in God with the ministry she founded: DIVAS 4 Christ Ministries: Divinely Inspired Victorious Anointed Sisters!!!
Our mission is to "empower women, one sister at a time!"
Elder Yolanda Townsend, Founder and Visionary
Divas 4 Christ Ministries
Join Elder Ross Edwards as he ministers from the Word of God! Monday Night, April 27, 2015 at 9:00 pm on Life in the Word Radio
Today on 'Couples Café Nite’ Elder Lorenzo Kornegay and his wife Carla will starting a Two Part Series on reducing relationship stress and troubles with tips on dealing with secrets and lies in relationships plus the role of The Holy Spirit in relationships and marriages.
Elder Lorenzo has been married to his wife Carla B. for 23 years and they met through a mutual friend. After about 4 months he knew he was going to marry her and within the first year of dating they became engaged to be married. In their own words, what has kept them together this far has been their commitment to God. They believe that God is the glue that keeps them together. They have four wonderful children; two are in college, one in high school and one in grade school and they have devoted their lives in having a successful family in Christ Jesus.
Elder Lorenzo Kornegay is on Facebook
Sis Carla Kornegay is also on Facebook.
For Coaching Needs.
The Crew "Let's Talk" Baltimore Riots over death of Freddie Gray's death in police custody. GMSNewschannel.com
May 16-17, '2015 Stop bullying Now Movement FAMILY Forum & Concert Series', North Central U Mpls, MN.
FREE Admission. Register NOW sbnm2015.eventbrite.com.
Call 646-595-3620 to Listen LIVE. If you have a question or comment, press #1 to engage the Host. Get it on your digital device Live & OnDEMAND presented by GRACE Media Network -the Legacy. Click the 'Follow' button also on http://blogtalkradio.com/sbbarbermorningshow. Follow Twitter@GMNetwork
Join us live every Sat. at 12 noon PST, 2pm CST, 3pm EST with Elder Bertha Askew. This is a powerful woman of God... Heaven stops to listen when she prays.... Please tune in to be apart of the shows and tell a friend. Simply click on the link below and be blessed !
Your life will never be the same after WOW Radio.....
I Please Godwith Lady Sybyl Peeples. Special GuestElder Melvin Peeple.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (46 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (15 chatters)
- MarlyBird (13 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (6 chatters)
- Patriot Voices Radio (6 chatters)
- Love Law Character Development (5 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (4 chatters)
- Barbara Grace Reynolds (3 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (3 chatters)
- SPIRITUALteacherbrendabradshaw (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Rewrite Your Story (1 chatters)
- Bernadette Boas (1 chatters)
- Best Ever You (1 chatters)
- Cornerstone CU League (1 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)