SORT BY Relevancy
Has the credability of America's power deminished on the world stage? will NATO Summit be a bust in Wales this week? What does Betty think about ISIS and it's so called power play? Tune in to find out. Assignment tells the stories of America, from history, military, politics, social and economic, to entertainment - the things you never thought about to the trivia you never knew.
Join KB anf the REVOLUTIONARY RYDERS as they discuss one of the most important issues in Black America.....education. What happened to public schools? Are charter schools effective? Studies show that black children are suspended at a higher rate than white kids.The acheivement and spending gap between city kids and suburban kids is getting wider and wider. Why cant our kids learn? Are bad teachers or horrible community support ruining are schools? Get the answers to these questions and more SATURDAY NIGHT AT 7:30PM CST on Chocolate Sity!
Join TBRAD, BEARMEAT, LPE AND KB this week and call in and represent
"All For Liberty" the movie that brings us back to our heritage of struggle, determination, and sacrifice. Join me as Executive Producer and lead actress, Chris Weatherhead joins me to discuss the movie, and why it was so important to make this movie come alive. Assignment tells the stories of America, from history, military, politics, social and economic, to entertainment - the things you never thought about to the trivia you never knew.
This week’s broadcast episode of Real Talk with Rick and J. Rich will focus on the mis-education of black youth in America. The current educational system in America is designed to ensure that our young black men fail. The current system misdiagnoses a disproportionate amount of black boys with certain psychological, learning disabilities, such as ADHD and mild mental retardation. These diagnoses are highly subjective, meaning that they are simply based on the opinion of the school psychologist that makes the diagnosis. There is no objective scientific data or tests that can substantiate the diagnosis.
The first thing to understand is that diagnosing young black boys with learning disabilities is big business in America. First, the school district gets between two to three times more money for every student that is diagnosed with a learning disability and subsequently classified as a special education student. Second, your child does not have to be in a special education classroom to be part of the special education program, so it may not be as obvious. Third, whenever a child is diagnosed with a disorder, such as ADHD, they will be prescribed medications to help manage it, meaning that pharmaceutical companies are able to profit off of their back.
This runs even deeper. National statistics reveal that three out of every four black males will drop out of high school before earning a high school diploma. This is by design; it is important to understand this...
We will speak on these issues and more, this Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 8:00 pm. I hope that you can join us. For more information, visit our Facebook page.
Sabrina Dawson, educator, advocate, and co-founder of Sisters in the Cities, will join us to talk more about her involvement in the Community, Child and Family Services Agency in Washington, D.C., and a myriad of other cultural, informative topics!
We are excited to cover topics that include: social justice, thoughtful teaching, informed practice of education, and galvanizing community resources to help student achievement and success.
NABSE Instruction and Instructional Support Commission Blog Talk show.
What is a Gold Star Family and what it means to the military community. Joining Betty this week will be Shirley White, Gold Star Mother to help us understand the meaning and designation of what it is to be a Gold Start family member. Learn the history and why it was important to create the Gold Star Wives Organization. Assignment tells the stories of America, from history, military, politics, social and economic, to entertainment - the things you never thought about to the trivia you never knew.
When someone mentions standards in education most people assume they are referring to curriculum or instructional standard. Get ready to delve into the world of technical standards that serve as the foundation of our digital offerings. We’ll take a look at a wide variety of such standards and examine how they impact your product implementation, platform support, and business development.
For those of you who shy away from the technical, this is an opportunity to unwrap some of the jargon you hear but have been too embarrassed to ask about… xml, HTML5, APIP, Dublin Core, RDFa all sound familiar but you have no idea what they mean? Stop just nodding knowingly and learn what you need to know to engage in discussion about how to apply these standards to make the best products.
For those propeller heads out there, we have a seat at the Table for you as well. Get up to date on the latest happenings on several different standards and join the online discussion. It’s a veritable technical feast!
Knowledge is key to driving business and structuring your solutions so you can address the needs of your customers. Join host Michael Jay and guests as they explore the structure behind standards and answer questions such as:
How are instructional standards continuing to evolve?
What are the impacts instructional standards have on teaching and learning?
What standards are used by publishers and development shops?
What impact do standards have on my business?
Experts and beginners alike can embrace the value of understanding more about standards, and the common misconceptions.
1. Bethann Canada, Director of Education Information Management
2. Jim Goodell, Senior Analyst at Quality Information Partners, Inc.
3. Matt Howard, Manager of Digital Experience Strategy at Zaner-Bloser
CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION WITH ACTE
A spotlight on Agricultural Education with ACTE Teacher of the Year Tara Berescik of Grahamsville NY & Sean Lynch of ACTE
Presented by PITSCO
in Self Help
"Now when my friends tell me they wish they had met Osho, I tell them that they have; he's in every note Deva and I sing - in every breath we take. That's what happens when you sit with the guruji - he/she dissolves into you until you become aware of the divine presence all the time, whatever you're doing, the presence is with you - tangible." - Miten
Miten established a successful career in the 70's and 80's as a singer/songwriter, touring with such bands as Fleetwood Mac, Lou Reed and Ry Cooder. Ultimately, he found the rock 'n' roll life-style unfulfilling and empty, and he began an inner search which led him into the world of meditation. It was at this time he came upon the most important and influential figure in his life, the mystic, Osho. Miten proceeded to live his explorations, spending most of his time in India at the ashram of Osho, where he eventually found a way to express his gratitude through music.
In 1990, Miten met Deva Premal in India and soon began a journey into love and creativity that has taken their inspiring blend of song, mantra and meditation to a worldwide audience. They have released a string of acclaimed CDs with international sales of nearly one million, and their concerts and ecstatic chant workshops are met with rave reviews throughout Europe, Australia, South America, Canada and the U.S. Deva Premal and Miten will perform at Bhakti Fest in Joshua Tree, CA on Friday, September 5th. Visit www.devapremalmiten.com
Get the OFF TO WORK CD by Sister Jenna, like America Meditating on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Are you lobbying on behalf of our returning veterans and warriors? If so, you might be hindering the effort by using the wrong verbiage. Join me as Jesse Marrow joins me to discuss the frustration he and others are having due to your efforts on the Hill in Washington, DC. Your definition of Mental Health could be hindering the efforts of helping protect our veterans and active duty military personnel. Recovery is essential for our warriors, but your wording could be stalling the outcome you desire. Assignment tells the stories of America, from history, military, politics, social and economic, to entertainment - the things you never thought about to the trivia you never knew.
Both Hours: It's time for Bond... Ralph Bond joins Craig and Ben with computer news and special topics. For many years, Ralph was Intel's Consumer Education Director. Ralph is now with Autodesk and he is an Official Computer America correspondent. Topics tonight include the ATLAS Bipedal Robot, the First Geaphene-Based Flexible Display, the Army's Laser War Truck that can now shoot through fog and so much more!
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (155 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (96 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- Annahilation (17 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (15 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (14 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (13 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (13 chatters)
- MABIM (11 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (11 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (8 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (8 chatters)
- The 720 Show (7 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- dtm radio (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Omega Man (6 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (6 chatters)
- We Built That Network (6 chatters)
- Truf Bros (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (5 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (4 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (4 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (4 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (4 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (4 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (4 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- Political T and T (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (2 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (2 chatters)
- Radio Enso (2 chatters)
- Odwirafo (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (2 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- New Colony Network (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- ParaAnne (1 chatters)
- Patriot Voices of Social Media (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Michael Bonner (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- Lady Faatimah (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- FoReRadio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- We Game (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Live with TLGriffin (0 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (0 chatters)