SORT BY Relevancy
Dublin is one of a few cities in Europe that has not lost sight of the human interaction element. In fact, to the Dublin citizens, it is still the way of life that can neither be substituted with historic buildings nor preserved just for small villages. Founded in 841 by the Vikings, Dublin is a city with an interesting historical past that’s tightly attached to all the city’s monuments and churches. A visit to St. Patrick’s Cathedral or Christchurch Cathedral will take you back to Medieval times while a walk around Merrion square will remind you of the glorious days of Dublin when it was ranked as the second city of the British Empire after London. Today, Dublin is the Cosmopolitan capital of the Irish Republic with 1 million inhabitants. Despite the many changes the city has encountered in the last decade, it still remains as a desirable place for any who wishes to visit. more at www.avtravel.org and www.avtravel.com
Photos: 1. Bencorr from across Lough Inagh, part of the Twelve Bens, County Galway, 2006, Joebater 2. The Dublin Castle, 2005, FoekeNoppert3. Trinity College, Dublin, 2008, Pilise Gábo 4. The Samuel Beckett Bridge,2010,The Cliffs of Moher as seen looking south from the beach just north of the main tourist lookout where O'Brien's Tower is located. 2012,. Bjorn Christian Torrissen
Located on the banks of the Liffey River in Dublin, the Marker Hotel sits steps away from many historic sites in Dublin—The Bord Gáis Energy Theater, Trinity College Dublin and The Convention Center Dublin. The Marker Hotel is part of Dublin’s Docklands, an area that has undergone significant restoration and rehabilitation. Once important because of the goods that were shipped in and out, the newly-nicknamed “Silicon Docks” is significant for housing tech giants Google and Facebook. And in keeping with the theme of development and reinvention, The Marker Hotel Dublin is a brand new hotel that lives up to the dynamic reputation area of its location.
Executive chef Gareth Mullins talks Irish cuisine, journalist Joan Scales shares her favorite Dublin activities, and Anthony "Booster" Bools sings a cautionary tale that could have inspired Beyonce’s Put a Ring On It.
And if you’re looking to enjoy an authentic Irish treat that you can’t get anywhere else, Darragh Doyle, community manager WorldIrish.com, explains his favorites and where to get them. All this and more, during Travel Today with Peter Greenberg from The Marker Hotel Dublin.
Travel Brigade opens its 5th season with a visit to Dublin focusing on the great writers the city has produced. This being Ireland, we’ll start with a “Literary Pub Crawl” that matches pints with prose. We’ll also talk about the historic Book of Kells and learn how to enjoy an evening of Irish folk tales. We’ll stop by the James Joyce Centre and also learn about an audio tour that lets you experience the author’s masterpiece Dubliners at various points throughout the city. Enjoy the trip! Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @TravelBrigade.
One of the unique features of a visiting London or Dublin is the chance to have a spectacular “afternoon tea” experience. Join Travel Brigade to experience what’s also known as “high tea” at some of the top spots in London and Dublin. We’ll visit the Royal Horseguards Hotel in London then head to Dublin to the Shelbourne Hotel and the Merrion Hotel. We’ll also have information on how to book your own tea time. Enjoy the trip! Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @TravelBrigade.
The Captain's And His Very Special Guest: Hope Ireland At 5pm Eastern (4/C) Simulcast on WINN from Blog Talk Radio
Another Case Of Where Family Court Awards The Abusive Parent Custody Of The Child
She Has Evidence Of The Abuse And Of The Corruption She Has Faced And Refuses To Back Down
Her Abusive Ex- Has Even Transferred Her Son To Another School 45 Minutes Away. She Was Never Consulted And When She Tried To Get A Stay On The School Transfer - The Only Answer She Was Given - Was That It Couldn't Be Done
Tune In Tonight To Hear Just How Corrupt Our Court System Actually Is And What Will Happen To You If You Are Not Prepared
WHEN INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW - RESISTANCE BECOMES DUTY
Gina Loring is a poet, vocalist, songwriter and professor. She has guest lectured at countless colleges and universities nationwide. As guest artist of the American Embassy, she has traveled to Kuwait, Russia, West Africa, Denmark, Turkey, Greece, Ireland, England, and Tunisia. She was featured on two seasons of HBO’s Def Poetry, BET’s Lyric Cafe and TVOne’sVerses and Flow, and was one of the winners of Queen Latifah’s CoverGirl Persona Contest for female lyricists.
With a B.A. from Spelman College and an M.F.A. from Antioch University Los Angeles, Gina is currently an adjunct professor in the Los Angeles community college school district and a volunteer creative writing teacher with Inside Out Writers, working with incarcerated teens. Her work is featured on two De La Soul albums and The Brand New Heavies album, “We Won’t Stop,” and she was a writer/ performer on Norman Lear’s nationwide “Declare Yourself” poetry tour. She is currently in development with “Vagina Monologues” creator Eve Ensler on a performance poetry project. She lives in Los Angeles and she believes in mermaids.
join me and Barbara for this great show, the medium show will be starting now!!
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Happy Hour variety show, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 408 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Lisa Johnson Mandell, longtime West Coast Correspondent for HGTV and founder of AtHomeInHollywood.com discusses the Ireland Design 2015 Showcase and her experiences at the new luxury design trip known as "The Retreat."
- Jonathan Bannon Maher discusses his book ‘The Destiny of Humanity.’ Endorsed and implemented by world leaders, it covers topics including economic development, education, space, war, poverty, transportation, and energy. Jonathan is also the author of ‘Building a Successful Organization’ and hit song ‘The Fallout of Love.'
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (22 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (18 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (9 chatters)
- PROPHET energyreaderBrenda (5 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (4 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (3 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (3 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (2 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Kerri Edelman (2 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Writers Life Chats (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Inscriber Media Network (2 chatters)
- Straitway (1 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (1 chatters)
- The George Wilder Jr Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (1 chatters)
- divinewisdomradio (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions 2 (1 chatters)
- 67761 (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)