SORT BY Relevancy
With Featured Guest: Shandra Lumsden-Umazar, Proud parent of a college graduate with Down Syndrome
"It's hard to get motivated when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. That was how I felt when my daughter was born 30+ years ago. . Yes, I focused on things that she could do, but I also mixed them up with all the things that she couldn't do at that moment and all the things she wouldn't be able to do in the future such as having friends, dating and going to the prom, graduating and going to college."
Join us as Shandra shares parts of her journey, and principles of successfully parenting a child with "differ-abilities" in the areas of social skills, family integration, and education.
Listen Live Online
Down syndrome is the most common genetic disorder which occurs in 1 out of every 691 babies born in the United States. Dial 347-850-8486 at 8p ET Wednesday, October 22nd as we explore the root cause of Down Syndrome and provide solutions for families affected by it and other learning challenges.
Root Cause Radio contributes to Down Syndrome Awareness Month with this solution filled podcast. Tonight's health panel includes:
Therapeutic scientist Dr. Charlie Abbott, OMD, LAc, LSym of Symptometry of North Carolina, LLC & Director of Administration at the AMERICAN SCHOOL OF SYMPTOMETRY
Special needs teacher & advocate Brandi Blaylock of North Carolina
Pharmacist and Symptometry health coach Dr. Chekesha Patrick of Georgia
Root Cause Radio - Sharing the Secrets of Optimal Health - www.RootCauseRadio.com
To cancel this morning show because I missed a few interesting key points and for a better title, in hopes of a listener's better understanding of Down Syndrome. During the show, jory will go on an internet excursion to see if anything backs up his theory on whether or not the genetic disorder has been brought on by common air pollution, over the past 25 years. So, has the increase of the common activity of driving cars over the past 25 years a contributing factor? Listen and then you decide.
Do you have a loved one in your life with Down Syndrome? Did you know October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month?
Join author, blogger, writer and Writestream founder Dariaanne for Writestream Tuesday on October 14 at 1 p.m. Eastern when she'll discuss Down Syndrome Awareness and a very special family member named Ralph. She'll talk about her article A Little Down Syndrome, along with some sobering statistics regarding Down Syndrome and abortion. During the live show, she welcomes callers to contact her at (347) 945-7246 to share their stories of family members and friends with Down Syndrome who have enriched their lives.
In the second half of the broadcast, stay tuned for some public service satire with the Right Wing Riot featuring the Luminaries of Liberty - Scary Smart, Ms. Always Right, and The Prince of Whitebread.
Allie Guard is 25 years old and has her own business! She creates beautiful art with colored pencils and bright colors. The pieces are then either framed, turned into wearable art, or stationary items. She has her own web store and Facebook page!
We've been following Allie's works since we found her for our List.ly list of Businesses by adults who have Down syndrome. Allie and her Dad wrote a recent blog post to give us an introduction - now we get to talk to her LIVE!
Join us as we talk to Allie and her Mom, Sharon, about her life, business, and creativity!
Sarah will be starting high school in a few weeks. If that's not exciting enough, she also has her own cooking show, Sarah's Great Day! Sarah and her Mom, Valerie, recently held a workshop at the NDSC convention where she showed other teens and adults how to make their own guacamole. You can find lots of her videos on her YouTube Channel.
We'll be talking to Sarah and Valerie about how the show started and what's coming up in the new season.
Join us to learn more about this exciting and different career that shows how teens and adults who have Down syndrome have can blossom with the right supports.
Attorney and bioethisist Mark Leach will be talking to us about his upcoming presentation at the National Down Syndrome Congress Convention: "The New Era of Prenatal Testing: Answering Questions About the New Age of Genetics." If anyone knows the most current information on this topic it's Mark! Join us as we talk about his important work within the Down syndrome community and hear his thoughts about what we, as parents of adults who have Down syndrome, can do to help.
From an article by Maureen Wallace in AllParenting:
"Mark is dogged in his passion not only for his own daughter but for all people with Down syndrome," says Dr. Brian Skotko, co-director of the Down Syndrome Program at Massachusetts General Hospital.
You can also find Mark on Twitter and LinkedIn
A representative from Ruby's Rainbow will be with us to talk about their program designed to "grant scholarships to adults with Down syndrome who are seeking post-secondary education, enrichment or vocational classes." They'll be presenting at the National Down Syndrome Congress convention in Indianapolis and we'll get a "sneak peak" at what they have to offer! Find out more about Liz and Tim Plachta, their beautiful daughters, and why they created this wonderful opportunity for adults! Check out their website to see some of the past recipients!
You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter!
In this episode of Epilepsy.coms Hallway Conversations, Dr. Joseph Sirven, Professor of Neurology at Mayo Clinic Arizona and Editor-in-Chief of Epilepsy.com/Professionals, interviews David Tolleson, Executive Director of the National Down Syndrome Congress, about Down syndrome and epilepsy.
Getting ready for the NDSC conference in Indianapolis? We're talking to some of the presenters and exhibitors who will be focused on adult issues. Our first scheduled guest is Marianne Marts from Joey's Ups with Downs. Marianne is co-guardian of Joey, her older brother who has Down syndrome. She'll be talking about her presentation scheduled for Saturday called "Calm to Crisis at the Flip of a Switch! How to Prepare for a Family Emergency Even if They "Don't" Want to Talk About It!" Marianne will also be in the exhibit hall with her book "Will You Be My Friend" that features his brother Joey.
Join us for a preview from this highly involved sibling who knows her way around the advocacy world and can help us understand the perspective of sibling guardianship.
We'll continue Saturday's conversation about what we're looking forward to learning from the National Down Syndrome Congress convention and what we need from our new community focused on caring for adults who have Down syndorme. This is your turn to give us input on what features you'd like to see, topics you'd like to discuss, or resources you'd like us to try to get. We'll also talk about all of the great guests we have lined up for the week leading up to the conference!
We hope you'll join us !
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (130 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (94 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (66 chatters)
- Straitway (65 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (63 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (27 chatters)
- reactionariez (24 chatters)
- p0rnopuppy (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (15 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (13 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (12 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (12 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (11 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (11 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (10 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (9 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (8 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (8 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (8 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- Acts 1711 Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (6 chatters)
- The Portal (6 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (5 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (5 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (4 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (4 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (4 chatters)
- Papa Lou (4 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- Aftermath Radio (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (2 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (2 chatters)
- Aaron McCready (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (2 chatters)
- zuadionzunno (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Voice OF Yahweh Show (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- DHead Radio (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- Janesville Community Radio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)