SORT BY Relevancy
What we Can Do for the CHILDREN, the YOUTH and ADULTS included to lead the to SAFETY?
with HEATHER BENO and QUEEN AFI GASTON
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ABUSE
HELP & PREVENTION 4 ALL
NEWS That Matters - United States Sentencing Commission and RETROACTIVITY July 18, 2014
PRISONER'S PERSPECTIVE - Clemency Project 2014
The Virtual Site Seeing Tour Bus goes to....
THE COMMUNITY ON ABUSE AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE RETURNS FOR THE SEQUEL ASKING THE QUESTION: "IS IT WISE TO RETURN?" MANY RELATIONSHIPS EXPERIENCE HIGHS AND LOWS, PAIN AND TRAUMA, AS WELL AS JOY AND HAPPINESS. WE ARE GOING TO EXPLORE IN THIS DISCUSSION THE REASON PEOPLE RETURN TO RELATIONSHIPS WHEN THERE ARE ACTS OF ABUSE AND VIOLENCE WITHIN THE HOMES. THERE ARE MANY SIDES TO THIS QUESTION AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO EXPLORING THEM WITH YOU. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN SPEAK TO THIS QUESTION FIRST HAND THEN PLEASE INVITE THEM TO THE PROGRAM. WE HOPE YOU WILL TUNE IN AND LISTEN IN ONE POSITIVE WAY.
Tonight on Sports Talk with Bryan Nolen, we chat about the latest incidents involving Domestic Abuse in the NFL and give you guys our thoughts on them. We will discuss what the NFL should do as well as law enforcement and more. Steven Meador co-host as this will be an emotional packed show. Tune in and share your thoughts.
Domestic Violence is nothing New! But its been running rampid on the News recently!! The Drop wants your opinion, we want your stories!! How do you feel about the recent situations (Ray Rice, The NFL) and how they're being handled! Then there's Child Abuse (Adrien Peterson, The NFL) When is it crossing the line, when it comes to disciplining your child?? Tell us how you feel about it, how do you discipline your children? Do you use a switch? Do you use a belt? Or just put them on Time Out?
The NFL appears to have a huge problem with players committing acts of domestic abuse. In recent weeks three NFL players found themselves at the center of controversy for abusing women in their lives. The most notable is Ray Rice, who was seen on video knocking his wife unconscious on an elevator. On the heels of this story is an account of Jonathan Dwyer of the Arizona Cardinals accused of head butting his wife and breaking her nose after she refused his sexual advances. Then there is Greg Hardy, “The Kraken”, of the Carolina Panthers. In July, Greg Hardy was found guilty of assaulting his former girlfriend and threatening to kill her.
These were the most notable abusive acts by NFL players against women recently. There is another NFL player that has made the news for an abusive act. However, in this case it wasn’t against a woman.
Adrian Peterson, of the Minnesota Vikings, is accused of going too far in disciplining his four year old son. It is said that Peterson used a “switch” in disciplining his son and left bruises on the child.
ESPN writer Kate Fagan weighed in during an interview and called on the NFL to invest millions of dollars to address the issue of domestic violence and abuse. She even conveyed that we need to reprogram how we raise men.
What are your thoughts on domestic violence? Do you think it’s gotten worse over the years? What can be done to resolve this social ill? Does the Holy Bible offer a solution?
Please feel free to phone into the Virtual Living room with your comments or questions. We air programs on Blog Talk Radio at the following times: Sun 2:00pm, Mon 8:00pm, Tue 8:00pm, Wed 7:00pm, Thu 8:00pm, Fri 7:00pm & Sat 9:00am. All times are Eastern Standard Time.
Physical Violence and Domestic Abuse Are not exclussively to having female victims! Men are significantly abused and victims of physical violence OFTEN in relationships by their female counterpart! We REALLY have to elevate our level and methodology towards EDUCATING ALL PEOPLE to the down sides of #PhysicalViolence and #DomesticAbuse We must STOP SETTING OUR WOMEN UP with the ignorant notion and cindiotoning that they can merely violently act on thier emotional empulses of dislike and distain, etc!!! This will significantly help our society as a whole, vs just the "battered women of the country"!
Make sure you CHeck out the archive from this show...
in Self Help
Denial at it's most basic is saying something hasn't happened. It is extremely sick, and extremely powerful. It is the way that we can commit abuse and still live with ourselves. It allows us to continue being abusive by staying in the sick place, and by allowing us to hide our sickness from others so that we can maintain the abusive situation for a longer period of time.
We lie to others, and most devastatingly, we lie to ourselves.The major tactics we use in maintaining our denial are minimizing, rationalizing, and justifying. The effect of these tactics is to redefine what happened, what is acceptable, and what is harmful in such a way that ultimately any act, no matter how hideous, can be carried out.
Excerpt from: http://www.verbalabuse.com/
CALL IN WITH YOUR STORY ON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. KNOW THE WARNING SIGNS. NOT ONLY DO RELATIONSHIPS FIGHT,BUT FRIENDS AND FAMILY DO AS WELL. RAW,REAL AND UNCUT STORIES. CALL IN WITH ANY QUESTIONS,CONCERNS,ADVICE ECT.
in Self Help
How many people do you know, or do not know are walking around seemingly doing well and are troubled with depression?
They look normal but battle sometimes in a terrible place of silence.
What can you do to help them?
a state of feeling sad. : a serious medical condition in which a person feels very sad, hopeless, and unimportant and often is unable to live in a normal way.
in Self Help
Domestic Abuse for an adult is complicated and hard to comprehend and digest. How is it that an adult can be abusive to a "toddler?" They are the most INNOCENT, creatures on this earth and has a clean slate that has not been tarnished and is exposed to domestic abuse......it is INCOMPREHENSIBLE, DEPLORABLE, and most ASSININE, thing one could do to a child.
There are several videos via the internet that shows how horrific this act is deliberately perpetrated on innocent children. What can you do about it?
Who should you tell if you see it? Where can you find help for the child/children?
When should you speak up? How can you prevent it from happening?
We have resources available for you.......join us!
All of us have come into contact with someone in an abusive situation at least once in our lives, or perhaps we were the victim of domestic abuse ourselves. What most people neither know or understand is that there is a lot more to breaking the cycle of abuse than just walking away from the abusive relationship. Sometimes it is about completely changing who you are and how you think, but mostly it is about healing and finding your confidence again.
On today's show we will be discussing how to break the cycle of abuse and get a second chance at a good life. We will be speaking with victims of abuse that have broken the cycle, and asking them how they did it and how their lives changed post abuse.
The phone lines will be open so if you feel you have something to contribute to the discussion please do call in! (646)716-6583
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (133 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (131 chatters)
- John Baptist (74 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (34 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (24 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (16 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (16 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (15 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (13 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (10 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (9 chatters)
- AngelsandWarriors (9 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (9 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (9 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (8 chatters)
- Donny C (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (5 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (5 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (4 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Common Ground Media Group OK (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (3 chatters)
- The Program Returns (3 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (3 chatters)
- USA live (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (2 chatters)
- The 2nd Revolution (2 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (2 chatters)
- African On The Move (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- E Factor with Brenda Pearce (2 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (2 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (2 chatters)
- LinkedLocalNetwork (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Hampton Blu Radio (1 chatters)
- Darryl James (1 chatters)
- 64403 (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Live By Terrence Network (1 chatters)
- The Cricket Show (1 chatters)
- The Final Word Podcast (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (0 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (0 chatters)
- The Power Podcast (0 chatters)
- Arlette and Mike Talk (0 chatters)
- KWDC RADIO LIVE (0 chatters)