SORT BY Relevancy
Dock Talk kicks off its season with John "MINI" Maniaci and some in depth discussion on the state of fishing ethics, 5 fish limits and powerloading. Brian "The Rocking Fisherman" Schram stops by for an update his fishing and music. Hosted by: "The Reverend Todd Glover" and "Michael "Dinkfinder" Ray ..
There is a chill in the air and water temps are making their way into the 60's. Topwater anyone? Join Matt, David and their guest, friend of the show Brent Anderson Sunday afternoon.
We'll catch up with riend of the show Sean Davis and talk about some of the best little known lakes to fish in central and eastern KY.
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers herbal health questions for 90 minutes and then has a 30 minute interview with Amy Ryan. Amy F. Ryan lives in Alexandria, Virginia, with her family. She is a graduate of the University of Virginia and the Georgetown University Law Center. She practices law in Washington, D.C., specializing in the commercialization of new medical technologies. Amy has had Type 1 diabetes for nearly 20 years. She wrote SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes to create a readable account of this very difficult disease, one that would be different from the numerous "how-to" books about diabetes. She wanted a book that could be shared with family, friends, and others, to raise awareness about what life is really like for those with T1Diabetes.
this episode Q&A-includes:
• anti-inflammatory? linden infusion and comfrey infusions
• best herb for hair? nettles- infusion of course!
• how to make burdock seed oil for the scalp
• herbalism is allopathic medicine..
• kelp is the best seaweed to help us through difficulties..
• colonics and enemas remove bacteria from the colon.. we need bacteria in our intestines!
• cook your vegetables for long enough for maximum digestion.
• yellow dock tincture to keep the bowels regular- safe to take daily..
• function of estrogen and progesterone throughout a womans cycle..
• organic liver to raise iron levels..
• best blood stopping herbs- ladies mantel, witch hazel tincture, shepards purse tincture..
• all mushrooms have the ability to prevent cancer..
• HPV? St. Joans Wort and astragalus tincture
• artemisia vulgaris- crone wort- make vinegar with young leaves and roots..
On our show this week Jesse Dalton is a trainer with Sit Means Sit Massachusetts. He lives in Scarborough Maine with his wife Jennifer, daughter Addison and 6 dogs. 4 of his dogs actively compete in D Dock Dogs and he is starting a career in disc dogs. Jesse and his pack are members of Team 21, a non-profit focusing on raising awareness and funds for kids with Down Syndrome. Www.goteam21.org.
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers herbal health questions and interviews a guest. Rachel Berman, RD, CD/N, is the Health Editor at About.com. She provides users with practical science-based information related to nutrition, weight loss and health. Ms. Berman has worked with various patient populations in the clinical setting for almost a decade and is passionate about helping people develop a healthier relationship with food. In addition, Ms. Berman is the author of Boosting Your Metabolism For Dummies and Mediterranean Diet For Dummies, published by Wiley in 2013.
This episode Q&A-includes:
• where did Susun begin her journey with herbs
• menopause is a hormonal change like puberty..
• cook your vegetables! cook kale for at least one hour..
• MEAL- meat eating animal lovers
• fall root preparations- dandelion, burdock, and yellow dock
• elderberry tincture for winter readiness..
• let your body acclimate to cold weather.
• at the very first sign of shingles use hypericum perforatum
• Aviva Romm has an excellent herbal book for parents treating children.
• if uterine fibroids are causing problems use vitex or saw palmetto tincture, investigate acupuncture, drink nourishing herbal infusions..
• red clover does not actually contain estrogen but phtosterols phytoestrogens..
This week the hosts, Dr. Kim & Dr. Jeannie, will be sharing the half hour with guest,Snow Aubel, a regular listener to ATN, EMT by profession, participates in Dock Dogs with her own dogs, and has a new business venture to help pet owners be prepared for an emergency. This is the 9th of our ongoing presentations with regular listeners to Animal Talk Naturally. Each month we'll feature another listener.
Tonight we have one of my oldest friends from the K9 Sports World. Erin Owen is the president of Palmetto Dock Dogs and has competed in events all over the USA, from St Louis to Fla. Her Chessie, Goose is not only a World Championship caliber dock diver, but is an avid hunter.
We will talk about her amazing conditioning routine she has used with Goose and how this has helped prepare him for all the activities he performs.
Today our show focuses on the historic Elms Hotel & Spa in Excelsior Springs, MO. It has been restored to its halcyon days. The marvelous Italian tile floor has been meticulously repaired, the fixtures recall the "Arts & Crafts" era of the current 1912 building. (The resort dates back to 1888, but suffered two fires in 1889 & 1910). Every room has been totally renovated to period, yet completely modern down to the flatscreen TV and clock radio with an iPod dock. The pools, spa, dining room, lobby, huge work-out facility and lap pool are gorgeous.
As for the food - our guest on the show is the new Executive Chef/F&B Director Kelli Daniels. She has created a remarkably friendly and approachable menu, featuring comfort foods like fried chicken, steaks, pork chops, fried potato hash, grits, collards and beet salad. The sort of stuff you'd get for supper at the farm. But Chef Kelli's interpretations are gourmet, with a nod to local and organic ingredients, four-star presentations and flawless execution.
Today, it's all about The Elms - On Everyday KC.