SORT BY Relevancy
'Blaxploitation'. This iconic genre defining 'Black Cinema' simply specifies, 'the exploitation of African-
American actors, directors, and producers of Black oriented films.' The term, coined by L. A. film
critic, Junius Griffin in 1972, was geared to appeal to Black movie audiences, during its hey-day of the
The glorification of pimps, hustlers, drug-dealers, junkies, number runners and prostitution, presented
on the silver screen, became controversial because of image representation, along with protests from
parent organizations such as the NAACP, to project positive characters and story lines.
Join Q-Man, Sistahsweet and Mike Boone, The Chancellor of Soul, on the Wednesday Night
Rewind / Neo Soul Show, for an evening of discussion on the history of Blaxploitation Cinema'
I decided to do something different w/ the show that I haven't done since I started this project a couple years back. Usually around this time of year, there's not a whole lot of sports going on; mainly baseball, soccer, & golf. That being said, I wanted to take the opportunity to do some entertaining topics that'll open the show up & expand things. So w/ this particular topic in mind, just what IS your favorite sports film or films of all-time? It could be anything. It could be an actual movie, documentary, TV show, or even commercial. Call in Wednesday night @ 6pm to voice your thoughts & answers. This is one of many different topics broadcasted on the show for the duration of the summer. We're on air for 60 minutes in another podcast of "The Rocket Sports Breakdown". Rocket Nation, get ready for a power trip.
I don’t know about you, but there are some actors and actresses that just catch your eye. You find yourself following them through the films they have graced over their careers. Tonight we discuss some our favorites, and we hope you’ll come to embrace them too…
I am truly blessed to be able to make a living doing what I love so very much to do.
I wrote my first story - it was a western - when I was five. It was really awful, as might be expected, but my mother kept that typed and spell-checked (my mother again) short story tucked away until the day she died.
Later I became a newspaper reporter, thinking that books are written by authors which I most assuredly was not. I kept trying to write though, eventually did it wrong enough to learn how to get it right. That first sale, a young adult novel published by Independence Press, was more than thirty years and a good many books ago and I have loved every day since.
Did I mention how very blessed I am? Believe it.
As a journalist, the Colorado Press Association awarded Frank their highest award, the Sweepstakes Award, for the best news story of 1980,and the Western Writers of America has twice named Frank recipient of their prestigious Spur Award.
Being a fan of "Classic Westerns" by film makers like, the three "Johns" (...Huston, Ford, and Sturges) , Sam Peckinpah, or Howard Hawks, one can't forget about the western film contributions made overseas, in Europe; otherwise known as the "Spaghetti Western". This week we'll focus our attention on three such films; A Fist Full of Dollars, Once Upon A Time in the West, and The Good the Bad and the Ugly. These are the movies of famed Italian writer, and dir
Deaf hollywood potential?
On the latest episode of the BIG show, we've reached the half-way mark for the year in movies and we'll be joined by two film critics, Kevin Sampson (Picture Lock) and Jeffrey Lyles (The Lyles Movie Files) to look at the best and worst films of first six months of 2014. In addition, we'll look at the films that may be contenders this awards season.Plus, we'll have entertainment news and reviews of the big Independence Day releases, Tammy and Earth to Echo all on Episode 254 of Keeping It Reel with FilmGordon.
THE MARK is proud to host MR. JAMES HORAN on Sunday evening hear on NDB Media.
Horan has appeared in many television programs and films. He has starred in several soap operas, including Guiding Light as Detective Kirk Winters in 1981, Another World as Denny Hobson (1981–1982), General Hospital as Brett Madison (1985–1987), and All My Children as Creed Kelly (1988–1989).
Horan also appeared in four of the Star Trek spin-off series. He appeared twice in Star Trek: The Next Generation in 1993, first as an alien named "Jo'Bril" in the episode "Suspicions", and later as "Lieutenant Barnaby" in the episode "Descent". In 1997, he appeared on Star Trek: Voyager as "Tosin" in the episode "Fair Trade" and on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine as a Jem'Hadar named "Ikat'ika" in the episodes "In Purgatory's Shadow" and "By Inferno's Light". Horan had a recurring role in the first two seasons of Star Trek: Enterprise as the enigmatic figure whom fans called "Future Guy".
His video gaming experience and animated series including: ROUGHNECKS: THE STARSHIP TROOPER CHRONICLES as Doc (1998-99), and most recently, three seasons as "Wheeljack" in TRANSFORMERS PRIME for the HUB network. Most recent game role: the main baddie "Skullface" in the newest METAL GEAR (first part is out, second is coming soon).
The Asylum is in a New York State Of Mind Tonight. Joining us for a Group Therapy Session are New York City Indie Film Makers KEVIN & MATTHEW FORTE. They will be discussing their upcoming projects and tell us all about their love of horror films. Rapper YOUNG CHIZZ will be the featured guest on Dark Delights with Ladyaslan. The Q Borough native MC will be blessing us with 2 tracks of pure FIRE! Chatroom Ricky will check with his video game review and all the latest gaming info. All this and more ONLY ON THE ASYLUM!!!
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (70 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (46 chatters)
- John Baptist (40 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (36 chatters)
- Straitway (33 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (29 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (24 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (12 chatters)
- Rock The Ville Radio (10 chatters)
- Writestream (9 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (9 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (9 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (8 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (7 chatters)
- CULTURE FREEDOM RADIO (7 chatters)
- Mag Blog Radio (6 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (4 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (3 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (3 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (2 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- TWR Radio (2 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (2 chatters)
- WORLD Change (2 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (1 chatters)
- The Live By Terrence Network (1 chatters)
- The Truth Is Out There0 (1 chatters)
- The Crow and Moore Show (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (1 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (1 chatters)
- Pray 1 4 Another (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- JaVonne (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (1 chatters)
- Emerge365 (1 chatters)
- EMS Office Hours (1 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- GEI Radio (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (0 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (0 chatters)