SORT BY Relevancy
About the Author:
A.D. Burks is a native Texan and true Renaissance man. After earning a degree in Chemistry from Grinnell College, he pursued a music career while teaching in the Atlanta, Nashville and Houston public school systems. A.D. has a Master’s in Business Administration from Rice University, and works for Chevron oil as a corporate real estate developer. With Sex & Surrender, A.D. returns to his first love, and what he considers his calling— creativity and spiritual growth. In this book, he shares life lessons and experiences he has learned through his journey. A.D. has spoken locally and regionally on the connection between HIV and sex addiction.
Publication Date: April 3, 2013
SEX & SURRENDER follows the journey of A.D. Burks, a recovering sex addict. Raised predominantly in a single-parent religious-based home, A.D. was given every opportunity to succeed in life, and he did. He flourished in the education, entertainment and corporate arenas, and his life looked picture perfect from the outside. Yet deep down his personal life was tormenting him due to the conflict between his spiritual and sexual beliefs. Longing for the perfect/traditional family he never had with his female best-friend, he redirected his pain through countless forms of risky sexual behavior.
Sex & Surrender graphically recounts the addictive cycle which lasted nearly 12 years and almost ended his life—until he had a dream that helped him realize he had to find a way out. Therapy and spiritual counseling provided a temporary respite and helped him devise a four-step process to manage his addiction. Yet his true breakthrough didn't come until the root of his pain was uncovered.
TUNE IN TO GREEN LEAF NETWOK - LIVE ON DJ NIGHT- GET YOUR MUSIC PLAYED LIVE ON AIR! DO YOU HAVE HEAT? WE WANT TO HEAR IT! SEND YOUR MUSIC MP3 ONLY TO firstname.lastname@example.org Call in vote on our Green Light Segment. Vote whether new music get a go or no! Call 929-477-2453
TODAY ON IT'S A DOGGIE DOG WORLD DJ BIG STEW BREAKS DOWN THE STANDARD POOODLE Poodles may look dainty and demur, but in truth, these are high-stamina dogs with a stellar range of skills, including agility, obedience, hunting and herding. Your pretty Poodle could be a sporty competitor in addition to a beautiful show dog.
You like music but you're tired of listening to the same old stuff regular radio gives you? We got your fix! DJ ClaSICK presents The Indy Artist Realm brings you some artists you may have never heard of before from all walks of life and music genres. You will not be disappointed, so be sure to join us!
DJ Twisted E will entertain the listeners not only by playing the hottest and dopest R&B mixes but also engaging into controversial conversations.
Topics like [Love or Lust], [Same-Sex Marriage], [One Night Stands], [Relationships], [Hate Within the LGBT Community], [Sisterhood], [Fems vs. Studs], [Domestic Violence], [Our Youth: The Next Generation], [Celebrating Pride Day], [Up Coming Events] and many more.
This will be a platform by women for all women. Our target demographic is estimated to be 90% women and the other 10% will probably be men. DJ Twisted E will also have some special guest on her show.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (31 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (20 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- Jay King Network (11 chatters)
- FlyLady (4 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (4 chatters)
- Bright Side with Tekneshia (3 chatters)
- Barbara Grace Reynolds (2 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (2 chatters)
- Word of Mom Radio (1 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (1 chatters)
- Bernadette Boas (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- Cornerstone CU League (1 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (1 chatters)
- Trish Hennessey (1 chatters)