SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
The following panel discusses their experience as divorce mediators and how to help, educate and empower individuals at various stages of the divorce process:
Mediator Barb North of Win Win Training and Mediation has been mediating for over 20 years and has a particular expertise in conflict management training and mediation in sensitive areas, including divorce mediation. Her website is www.winwintraining.com
Beth Esrey is a private mediator working with families in conflict who want to resolve differences respectfully, privately and effectively. Her website is www.esreymediation.com.
Jennifer Safian has a private practice as a divorce and family mediator in NYC. In addition to working with people going through divorce, Jennifer mediates trial separations, separations, pre nups and post nups, post divorce as well as other family conflicts. Her website is www.safianmediation.com.
Divorce Talk Episode 2
Elvina and Amanda talk about conflict resolution within relationships and during the divorce process
Many of you are facing unbelievable turmoil within your own lives. Every time you turn around, there is another issue to deal with. You are dealing with domestic issues, financial issues, emotional turmoil, and those kinds of things that one does not normally deal with in every day life. Am I there with you?
We, who go through divorce, must understand what God has to say about suffering. Does God really understand what I am going through? Does He know the deceipt I am up against? Will God put an end to this kind of suffering? Do I want to be healed from this kind of cruelty in my own life or will I forever be in this cesspool called suffering?
We will be looking at the way in which we can combat this kind of suffering that we are going through. What does God's Word have to say that will give me a hope and security that I will not suffer for the rest of my life. Join us as we understand this thing called, "suffering" while being a victor in it, instead of a victim!
Many times, when we are facing an unwanted divorce, we claim the deception, "But there was nothing wrong with my marriage! It had its' ups and downs, but we got along together!" Yes, that's what my thoughts were when I was facing my own divorce.
But when we begin to delve into God's Word, and really see what a Holy Marriage is all about, then we begin to see the ugly truths within our marriage. We begin to gravitate to the truth that deception played on us. We are stunned at how we accepted sin as "normal", when in reality, sin is the reason why our marriage fell apart.
When the stark contrast of a Holy Marriage vs the marriage that we have "believed in" is placed in front of us, then we really begin to understand why divorce is eminent and that evil can no longer co-exist with our Biblical values. It is then we begin to realize that we must 'back away' from something that is no longer "Holy" - because we worship a "Holy God" and God is bringing us to Himself through this divorce that we are so desperately hanging on to. Join us as we look at the paradox we find ourselves in. Another stepping stone to your healing!
Divorce Talk Episode 4
Amanda and Elvina talk about how and why people fall out of love. Preview to our upcoming 13 part series about how and why people fall out of love.
Debra Oliver truly exemplifies what it means to be at the frontlines of mediation. She comes from a background that the rest of us read about in novels or see in the movies. Born in Hollywood, CA to her own version of Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, she studied at the Julliard School of the Performing Arts, Drama Division then spent time traveling, studying Eastern philosophy and having a family. She also lead a San Francisco theater company and hosted a weekly radio show about consciousness-raising.
Debra discovered mediation in 1989 and knew she had found her calling. She handles complex and eventful cases many mediators only dream of - including situations like that portrayed in Robert Redford's film, The Milagro Bean Field War. From mediating with gang membes and police offices to handling explosive divorce cases, her's is an exciting and fulfilling practice.
Listen for her story about how a pecan pie restored justice to a terrorized family. This show promises to surprise and inspire you.
Divorce Talk Episode 6
Amanda and Elvina talk about the importance of verifying the source and credibility of the information that is found on the internet. The internet has made information freely and widely accessible, making it much easier for a person to research information on divorce planning and family law, but one needs to make sure that such information is coming from a legitimate, credible source.
When divorce is going to happen, then every fiber in our being busts wide open and we feel as though we will be falling into an endless sinking hole. BUT! We don't have to go through divorce with that kind of hopeless feeling. Just as a democracy is based on a foundation of precepts, so can we face divorce when we stand on a solid rock of philosophy...no matter what comes our way. In the next 10 weeks, we will be looking at the very core stamina we need to stand on when we know that divorce is eminent and unstoppable.
Our first core value is to know that God is God, no matter what happens, and we must believe Him, trust Him, Obey Him, and honor Him when we are facing divorce. Join us as we discuss the nature of WHO God is...and what God is not.
Divorce Talk Episode 5
Amanda and Elvina talk about how our society has idealized parenthood as being magically wonderful and easy. Children are miracles ... and sometimes it is a miracle that they survive how we raise them. Parenthood is not a picnic, it is not a cake walk, it is hard work and self sacrifice, it is the kind of love that you "do" instead of "feel".
in Self Help
Mariella have been a family law attorney and mediator for about 19+ years. She came up with afterhoursmediator.com, because she believes in the mediation process and has seen the positive outcomes it produces. She set up her business to be after hours because life is difficult enough and she wanted to be accessible to the working person’s hours of availability.
Attorney Liz interviews Financial Advisor Bette Tydings from Tydings Wealth Management in Orange County, California about some of the financial planning to consider in a divorce situation. Issues discussed include cash management, risk management, investment planning, tax planning, and retirement planning. Before making changes to your investments and/or beneficiaries, seek the advice of an attorney as there are automatic restraining orders issued in California upon the filing a divorce which can limit your ability to make changes to your investments (etc) during a divorce.
This segment is brough to you by DivorceComedy.com online self help courses to complete the divorce paperwork and process in California. The courses are taught by an attorney by add comedy breaks to remove stress from the divorce process.
If you are a single parent, before dating online read The Do's and Don'ts of Online Dating for Single Parents by Celeste Elise & Bruce Daniels. singleparentsnightout.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (167 chatters)
- Omega News (67 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (52 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (31 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- Omega Man (24 chatters)
- ENC HS SPORTS (23 chatters)
- reactionariez (20 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (15 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- BITEradio me (11 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (11 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (11 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (7 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (6 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Kawakab (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- Revelation News Radio (5 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (4 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (4 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (3 chatters)
- The Advise Show (3 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (3 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (3 chatters)
- Fins Radio (3 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (3 chatters)
- Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- Billy D Online (2 chatters)
- JoelHenard (2 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (2 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (2 chatters)
- The Rainbow Bridge (2 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (2 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (2 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (2 chatters)
- Unmasked with Authoress Lyle (2 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (1 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (1 chatters)
- The Matthew Brower Show (1 chatters)
- S G SportsTalk More (1 chatters)
- Power Talk With Alarice (1 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (1 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- Funkie Media Productions (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW (1 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (1 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (1 chatters)
- Chicago Girlfriends (1 chatters)
- Desperate House Witches (1 chatters)
- Daily Maintenance (1 chatters)