SORT BY Relevancy
How do you know when it's time to see a dermatologist?
Have you ever spotted something odd on your skin and thought, "What the heck is that?" In this edition of The Paula's Choice Radio Show, Paula and Bryan discuss how you can tell the difference between skin concerns that you can treat yourself—and those times you should absolutely see a dermatologist.
For more on tricky skin issues, visit Paulaschoice.com.
Join Partners in Health and Biz talk show host Gail Dixon and her guests of health professionals and community participants, for a special two-hour broadcast.
During the 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. hour we will discuss breast cancer screening for Early Detection of Breast Cancer.
The broadcast continues throughout the second hour of the show from Celebration Church in Columbia, MD during their "Winning Women's Prayer Breakfast," from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m., with Celebration's theme:"Holistic Living:Mind, Body and Spirit."
Learn about healthy hair and skin, from a dermatologist, visit vending tables to sample healthy food, meet a nutritionist and other health area focused groups.
For more information, and to register for the Prayer Breakfast, visit the Win in Life website.
Tune in, call in and join in our discussion. 347-945-7433.
Almost all teens get acne. It happens when an oily substance called sebum clogs pores.
Pimples usually pop up on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. Acne isn't a serious health risk, though severe acne can cause permanent scars. Acne can also damage self-esteem.
It is not clear why some people are more prone to acne than others. The exact cause of acne is not known, but hormones called androgens can play a role. Androgens increase in both boys and girls during puberty. Androgens make the skin's oil glands get larger and make more sebum. Androgens also can increase because of hormonal changes related to pregnancy or starting or stopping birth control pills.
Genetics may also matter. If your parents had acne, you may have inherited that tendency.
Some medications (for example, epilepsy medication, prednisone, androgens taken as medicine, and lithium) can cause acne.
Cosmetics that have a greasy consistency may also clog pores. Water-based products are less likely to cause acne than oil-based makeup.
Other things that can make acne worse include:
Friction caused by leaning on or rubbing the skin; harsh scrubbing
Picking or squeezing blemishes
Pressure from bike helmets, backpacks, or tight collars
Changing hormone levels in adolescent girls and adult women two to seven days before the start of the menstrual period
America has an addiction problem, but it's not just with drugs or alcohol—it's with sugar. Sugar is in almost everything we eat—not just in the highly processed, fructose-soaked snacks we love, but hidden in “healthier” foods that most people wouldn't expect, such as bread, fruit, and dairy. The side effects aren't just weight gain—they're premature aging and increased risk of diabetes, atherosclerosis, heart disease, and even cataracts. In The Sugar Detox: Lose Weight, Feel Great, and Look Years Younger by nutritionist Brooke Alpert and dermatologist Dr. Patricia Farris, readers are given everything they need to know to begin a healthier lifestyle through an easy, low-sugar diet. By eliminating sugar and incorporating small changes, people can lead a healthier lifestyle and look years younger. Tune in to this segment of The Organic View Radio Show, as host, June Stoyer talks to co-author, Brooke Alpert, MS, RD, CDN about her best-selling book, The Sugar Detox Diet. Today's show is brought to you by Eden Foods the most trusted name in certified organic clean food! Shop online at EdenFoods.com and enter the coupon code “ORGVIEW” when prompted during checkout to receive 20% OFF any regularly priced items (excluding cases). For other promotional offers, please visit TheOrganicView.com’s website.
Want to look fresh and radient without plastic surgery? We're going to walk through the Time Machine Procedure with Celebrity Dermatolgist Dr. Tess Mauricio.
Dr. Tess Mauricio joins host Michele Garber to discuss "The Time Machine Procedure" The Time Machine Procedure is a nonsurgical treatment program that combines multiple procedures to address everything that happens to our skin with aging.
Dr Tess Mauricio, is a Board Certified Dermatologist, graduate of Stanford University School of Medicine. She is the founder of M Beauty by Dr Tess with multiple clinics in California.
Dr Tess is a published author of California Total Beauty, renowned speaker, sought after media personality and has educated thousands across the globe on technologies she has helped pioneer.
She is a favorite medical expert on TV with regular network appearances on the Rachael Ray show, Fox News, CBS' The Doctors, America’s Next Top Model, The Talk and The Dr Oz Show among many local TV show. She produced and stars on "The Dr Tess Show" which in North America and soon globally.
Internationally, Dr. Tess has been featured in UK Cosmopolitan magazine, France’s Les Nouvelle Estetiques, Philippines’ YES magazine, and in the US’ Aesthetic Buyers Guide, Health, Beauty Life, Cosmopolitan and New Beauty magazines.
August is Psoriasis Awareness Month-Psoriasis is a common skin condition that causes skin redness and irritation. Most people with psoriasis have thick, red skin with flaky, silver-white patches called scales.
Special Guest: Jerry Bagel, M.D.: He is a member of the National Psoriasis Foundation Medical Board. www.psoriasis.org
Dr. Bagel is the Director of the Psoriasis Treatment Center of Central New Jersey. Dr. Bagel has been named a Top Doctor in the Castle Connolly Medical Top Doctors of the New York Metro Area every year from 2001-2013. He was named a 2005 New Jersey Top Doctor by New Jersey Life; a Best Doctor in New Jersey by New Jersey Monthly in 2001 and 2003; and received a Patients’ Choice award in 2008 as well as in Inside Jersey in 2013. He has published extensively on the topic of psoriasis in such journals as The Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology and The Journal of Drugs & Dermatology.
Wondering about the latest on dermal fillers? Thinking about trying laser therapy? And what the heck is a "vampire facial"?
Paula and Bryan speak with New York-based celebrity dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman as shares info on the latest non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Also, we reveal the #1 thing you can do today to look younger tomorrow!
For more information on non-surgical cosmetic treatment, visit PaulasChoice.com.
SHOWTIME: FRIDAY, JULY 18 AT 11:30 PDT/2:30 EST
It's the middle of the summer -there is still time to shape up. From Liposuction to non-invasive devices. There is a lot to choose from and much mis-information and hype.
Dr. Jerome Potozkin joins me on Friday to discuss how to make an informed choice when deciding on Body Contouring procedures. Truth not the Hype. We'll be discussing Liposuction and non-invasive devices including the most recently FDA approved device called UltraShape.
Jerome R. Potozkin is a board certified dermatologist practicing dermatology and dermatologic surgery in Danville, CA. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor at UCSF and has specialized in minimally invasive cosmetic procedures since 1997. He has serves on the board of directors of The California Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery as well as the Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). He is committed treating each of his patients as if they were a member of his own family.
Learn the secrets of great skin care from top New York Dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman, author of Skin Rules. We’ll cover your most challenging skin concerns, from wrinkles to uneven skin tone and persistent breakouts. Call in with a question and WIN prizes!
Click here for more information about Paula's Choice.
At doctors office again...To schedule an colonoscopy...Also i have to schedule to see an dermatologist... To see if i have cancer...
Please keep me in your prayers...Much appreciated...
Tribulation Baptist Church...
(GNN) Gregory news network...
NEW CELL PHONE #: 904.504.4283....
THE LORD GOD JEHOVAH JESUS CHRIST IS MY SAVIOUR FOR HOW LONG...FOREVER...FOR ALL ETERNITY...
Sincerely, James william Gregory Jr., Born Again Christian, Preacher of the WORD OF GOD THE BIBLE (KJV)!!!!!
AMEN AND AMEN!!! SO BE IT!!!!!
World-renowned beauty expert and best-selling author Paula Begoun cuts through the cosmetic industry hype and explains how to combine great skin care with the best/safest cosmetic procedures a dermatologist can provide.
We invite you to call in with your personal skin care and cosmetic questions during the live broadcast to receive Paula’s expert advice along with free products from Paula’s own product line Paula's Choice or a copy of one of Paula’s books.
For more information about Paula click here!
Are you living a healthy, funfilled life?
Spring has sprung, Spring is in the air, so get out and enjoy all it's splendors but before you do here are expert tips nssue that plague many of us...SLEEP...HAIR--FLAKING OUT...BONING UP AND SO MUCH MORE.
Get your pen and pad out---"napping really can help you catch up on your sleep, as long as you don't have insomnia at night. The secret is to nap for 25 minutes, no longer....MJ. Breues, PH.D...and from my Mother, Ma Paun...Ma Paun took a nap for 20 minutes every day at 2 p.m...she called it her BEAUTY NAP. Suffer from dandruff, try rubbing Tea Tree Oil an essential oil with anti-bacterial/fungal properties into your scalp, then rinse, this from a Dermatologist. Bone-Up with calcium, Vitamin D & B. Don't forget protein and remember always check with you Doctor first on anything new that you're planning on introducing to your body.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (107 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (83 chatters)
- John Baptist (78 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (16 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (15 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (15 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (9 chatters)
- FSF Radio (8 chatters)
- 63489 (8 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (8 chatters)
- Sovereign Gods (8 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- Angel Amy (7 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (7 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (7 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- DDP Radio (5 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- Station IWDM (5 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (4 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (4 chatters)
- Matt4America (4 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- canadianglen (4 chatters)
- Elegeant (4 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (4 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (3 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (3 chatters)
- EIE Save Our Children (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (3 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (3 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (2 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (2 chatters)
- 64667 (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- TWR Radio (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (2 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Urban Homeschool Living (1 chatters)
- Vaccine Truth News (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Sports Warehouse Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Dolphin Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (1 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (1 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (1 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (1 chatters)
- Bnai Tikvah (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- MSL Rules No BS League Talk Show (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Odwirafo (1 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)