SORT BY Relevancy
Mitchell’s guest today is Sam Daley-Harris, founder of RESULTS and author of Reclaiming Our Democracy..
In 1995 Daley-Harris initiated the Microcredit Summit Campaign which surpassed its initial goal of reaching 100 million of the world’s poorest families with microloans in 2007. Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Muhammad Yunus said: “…no other organization has been as critical a partner in seeing to it that microcredit is used as a tool to eradicate poverty and empower women than RESULTS and the Microcredit Summit Campaign.”Daley-Harris is author of Reclaiming Our Democracy: Healing the Break Between People and Government, which, according to President Jimmy Carter “provides a road map for global involvement in planning a better future.
Sam was a guest on A Better World Radio some time back discussing his work with and connected to Micro-Credit and Dr. Yunus.Sam will be discussing his effective work on reclaiming Democracy on a grass-roots level with Mitchell.
Good evening, tomorrow on The Meter, we will cover the two major United States Supreme Court rulings this week: Obamacare and gay marriage. What does the gay marriage ruling mean for the country? Is Christianity now obsolete? In Obamacare the dissenting judges declare democracy is under assault and that the court is legislating from the bench while the majority focuses on the intent of the law rather than the actual language. Also, the Confederate flag is being removed from all aspects of American life. Is this an insult to Southern heritage or is the flag offensive? Please join the intense debate at 9:00 AM. The call in number is 347-308-8933. Your input is essential. w
Recent study at Princeton determined that the US is no longer has the critical elements necessary to qualify as a democratic republic. No, voting alone just does not do it.
The US is dominated by a rich and powerful elite which is called an oligarchy.
So concludes a recent study -- http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S1537592714001595
-- by Princeton University Prof Martin Gilens and Northwestern University Prof Benjamin I Page.
This is not news, you say. Perhaps, but the two professors have conducted exhaustive research to try to present data-driven support for this conclusion. Here's how they explain it:
Multivariate analysis indicates that economic elites and organised groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on US government policy, while average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence.
In English: the wealthy few move policy, while the average American has little power.
In the next two hours your host, Bob Kirkconnell, author of American Heart of Darkness, will explore this startling fact, and the ramifications. Hey, call in and tell us what you think!
Contary to popular opinion, the US Constitution not only failed to produce a democracy but did not even create a representative democracy. In addition to the exclusion of women, the propertyless, slaves and indentured servants from the right to vote, the original Constitution had built-in protections against democracy, which was just as now was considered then by some to be "tryanny of the majority."
The failure to educate our children about the genuine history of the US and the systematic brainwashing to convince them we live in a democracy has obscured the fact that we could have a much more representative government if we would give up worship of the Founders and abandon the ridiculous notion of "original intent" that suggests the constitution was written on stone tablets and handed down by God.
In this episode, Greg Wasson of Committee for Petition Rights in Oregon discusses how we can create a more representative government and the pros and cons of various ideas.
This show will be rebroadcast on April 11 at 9 AM PST/ 12 PM EST on the Star Com Radio Network.
Take Back America for the People is an educational nonprofit whose mission is to explain the true costs of corporate control of the US government.
Join your party host, Steve, (@YourAyatollah), for the most interactive broadcast on LOP Radio! Coming to you LIVE and UNCENSORED every week, we'll be going over the events that have just gone down on Monday Night Raw as well as chatting about all the current goings on in the world of WWE.
"We" doesn't just mean Steve and the occcasional guest, though. No, YOU are the co-hosts and can join in to have your voice and opinions heard live on the air as the show is broadcasting! Simply join in on Twitter by direct Tweeting your host at @YourAyatollah or by using the hashtag #LOPRadio and we'll talk about any and everything that comes up! From the Intercontinental, US and Tag Title scenes to the sometimes controversial WWE World Championship picture and everything in between, no topic is safe from Steve and the LOP Radio Army!
So join us LIVE every Monday night, shortly after Raw goes off the air, for the most interactive WWE discussion show out there! Also be sure to look us up on Facebook for show updates and access to our archives!
The Late Shift with Steve is presented live and uncensored and contains adult language. The views expressed on this show in no way reflect those of Lords of Pain or Lords of Pain Radio. Listener discretion is advised.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (320 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (46 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (29 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (21 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (13 chatters)
- HOV Radio (9 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (7 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- The Portal (7 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (6 chatters)
- 63289 (5 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (5 chatters)
- Revised Reality Radio (5 chatters)
- Ron March Show (5 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- Creative Consciousness Radio (4 chatters)
- Papa CE (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (3 chatters)
- Beyond The Light Radio (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (3 chatters)
- CARD READER BrendaBradshaw (3 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (3 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (3 chatters)
- SHRAonair (2 chatters)
- Str8UpRealTalk (2 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (2 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (2 chatters)
- Carole Gold (2 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- All Things Matter (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Living (2 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Purpose Living Radio (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Orlando Presentz (2 chatters)
- NCI Radio (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- motherofsix (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Brother Jaami (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- The Keno Trice Show (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- RoxieZw (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (0 chatters)
- hot 95 radio (0 chatters)
- Race Fans Rock Radio Show (0 chatters)