SORT BY Relevancy
John Goodman is the author the book "Mingus Speaks." John will be chatting with co-hosts Alan Bramwell (Giants of Jazz Radio) and Jose Reyes (Jazz Con Class Radio). This interview will mostly concentrate on this revealing book and also on Mingus' amazing career. He was a genius but was very temperamental and was sometimes very hard to work with as a musician but John somehow was able to find a confort zone for these one-on-one interviews. Listen in and/or call in with your questions.
MINGUS SPEAKS is a book of extended interviews which allowed the man to explain himself. He was assisted by me, the interviewer, and by a number of close associates who commented on aspects of his life, behavior and music.
We did the interviews in 1972 and 1974, five years before Mingus died. It was a contentious and wonderful period in his life and for his music....Learn More
What happens when a man has almost everything he wants, and then decides he needs the total package? Or when a man receives the love he needs, but decides the giver isn’t enough? How do you let go of something you know, for what seems to be greener pastures?
Find out these answers and more as The Lesson takes you inside the lives of three people as the quest to have it all may turn out to be more destructive then one anticipates.
Follow this tale of love lost and found, as one man’s story may become another man’s lesson!
Margaret Lukas is an instructor at the University of Nebraska-Omaha. She teaches creative writing in the Writer’s Workshop Program. She received her BFA from UNO’s Writer’s Workshop in 2004. In 2007 Margaret received her MFA from Rainier Writing Workshop in Tacoma, Washington.
She is a recipient of a 2009 Nebraska Art Council Individual Artist Fellowship.
She is a contributor to NEBRASKAland magazine and an editor for the quarterly literary journal, Fine Lines. Her writing also appears online and in the 2012 anthology, On Becoming, published by the University of Nebraska Press.
Her award-winning short story, “The Yellow Bird,” was made into The Yellow Bird, a short film and premiered at the Cannes Film Festival.
Farthest House is her first novel.
TODAY ON THE AUTHOR LARRY TOOMBS GOSPEL RADIO SHOW WE WILL DISCUSS THE INJUSTUCE SHOOTING OF UNARMED MIKE BROWN OF FERGUSON MISSOURI, WHO WAS SHOT 6 TIMES AS AN AUTOSPY REVEALED. MIKE BROWN WAS SHOT 4 TIMES IN THE ARM AND TWO TIMES IN THE HEAD. WE WILL ALSO DISCUSS THE MARCHING ACCORDING TO THE U.S CONSTITUITION GUARANTEE THE U.S. CITIZEN THE RIGHT TO ASEMBLY BUT THE POLICE ARE SPRAYING THE PEOPLE WHO MARCH WITH PEPER SPRAY AND ALSO THE JAY NIXON HAS ORDERED THE NATIONAL GUARD IN THE CITY OF SAINT LOUIS.
Debut YA author Victoria Escobar joins BOOKED! host Shannon Delany to chat about her first novel in her trilogy: OF GAEA.
Learn More about Victoria and Her Books:
Author Site: http://vescobarwrites.blogspot.com/
Find Out More about the Network:
*This is a copyrighted podcast owned by the Authors on the Air Global Radio Network LLC and produced by Pam Stack.
Join host Lori Hays on Behind the Words for a conversation with author Vincent Robert Annunziato.
Saturday, March 29th 10:30 CDT/11:30 EDT
In his own words:
I am currently a government employee in charge of managing one of the largest Civilian IT projects in the nation. I am very happily married for almost 20 years and the father of three children. I have been on a tear to fulfill several personal dreams of mine that stemmed from my twenties. The first one was to build a large terrarium with the eventual goal to put in a very exotic lizard called a Panther Chameleon. The second personal goal which should be of no surprise was to write a novel. Both of which I have completed although I still have not purchased the Chameleon.
Find Vincent Robert Here!
Web Page: www.Statusthegame.com
Find more about the show here:
This is a copyrighted broadcast of the Authors on the Air Global Radio Network produced and owned by Pam Stack.
When Hilda's love for Frank wanes and finally fades into dust, she becomes desperate to get rid of him, but she can think of only one way to escape the brute of a man. She devises a plan and with the help of her best friend Pearl, they pull off the impossible. In 1965, on the fringes of the Jim Crow days and the building tension of Bloody Sunday swirling around in the background, their world is turned upside down as secrets, lies and even murder fall out, threatening their very lives. Will these two women find the peace they so desperately seek?
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (24 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (15 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (11 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (10 chatters)
- Aquaman (8 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (4 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (4 chatters)
- The War Room (4 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (3 chatters)
- Papa CE (3 chatters)
- TheRealSideRadio (3 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (2 chatters)
- TPPCTV (2 chatters)
- Trek Talking (2 chatters)
- The Organic View (2 chatters)
- MRTALK (2 chatters)
- Positively Autistic (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- English Defence League Radio (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (2 chatters)
- Bible News Radio (1 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (1 chatters)
- Christism with Nadia Khalil Bradley (1 chatters)
- COS Radio (1 chatters)
- Military Mamas (1 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (1 chatters)
- The JEWEL Network (1 chatters)
- Allyssa Narvaez Online (1 chatters)
- The Final Say (1 chatters)
- Out and About Town (1 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart (1 chatters)
- pinkheelsthesoul (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- whaleystudios (0 chatters)