SORT BY Relevancy
Join The Gist of Freedom as we discuss Breast Cancer in observance of Breast Cancer month with Debbie A. Mirander! Minister Debbie Mirander, R.N., B.S.N. Holistic Intergative Health Educator Disease Management R.N. Consultant. Debbie Mirander- Called to teach about mind, body and soul! Minister Mirander
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
Welcome to Our Own Voices Live with your hosts: Angela Thomas, and Rodney Smith with special guess' Nina Bailey & Larry Reid.
Our Topic(s) today: “Breast Cancer and Domestic Awareness.”
Breast Cancer Awareness
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same. We have made a lot of progress but still have a long way to go and need your help! For more information, click here: http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-cancer-awareness-month?gclid=CMnxxfnBo7oCFc1xQgod1VkAng
Domestic violence may include not only the intimate partner relationships of spousal, live-in partners and dating relationships, also familial, elder and child abuse may be present in a violent home. Abuse generally falls into one or more of the following categories: physical battering, sexual assault and emotional or psychological abuse, and generally escalates over a period of time. click here for more information: http://www.ncadv.org/learn/TheProblem.php
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, co-host Angelica Holiday discusses her own person journey with cancer and 15 tips on how to be a super friend during your friend's recovery. Angelica was devastated when her closest friend had breast cancer. Then, in a strange twist of fate, a month after this friend's last chemo, Angelica was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. "Friends are a vital part toward recovery" she claims. This is how you, as a friend, can be there for another in need. We discuss Angelica's top 15 Tips on how to help your friend (for both women and men):
During cancer treatment there’s a limited diet, so explore those foods your friend can eat and cook together... My friend and stylist took me in hand... Purple, zebra wigs, he tried them too and we both laughed together... Find your friend special make-up from The American Cancer Society which has an amazing complimentary make-up and hair program called “Look Good, Feel Better”... Have a make-up night with this make-up. Other manicures, facial, the dentist and pap smears are put on hold... "Chemo Brain," an inside joke my best friend and I said to each other... when one is having treatment, you forget everything. Help the friend to write down all their user names and passwords... We discuss these and many more tips on the show.
Images: Angelica Holiday and the Navy.
For more friend information go to Super Friend Groups!
in Self Help
This show is dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness month.
On todays show we will be discussing the awareness of breast cancer, symptoms, the importance of early detection and prevention.
We will also hear from breast cancer survivors on their personal experience, and their journey with this disease.
Call in LIVE at (646)595-3015 to join the discussion with your questions and/or comments.
As always, we hope to leave you enriched, inspired, and empowered!
Although Breast Cancer Awareness month is October, we realize the discussion of Breast Cancer Awareness is ongoing. Tonight we speak with Shireda Strongentburg-Howard, CPA, JD, PhD, a beautiful, energetic wife, mother, attorney, accountant and survivor or breast cancer. She is young, vibrant and full of life and will share her personal story with us so that we may become even more aware of how this disease with early detection can be curable and allow us to regain the power to eradicate this potentially deadly disease. You don't want to miss this show!
Join us as we interview Liliana Komorowska, Director and Actress about her documentary about living with breast cancer, the leading silent killer of women called Beauty and the Breast. Liliana takes us into the world of what it's like to live with this disease and discover the ups and downs that surround it.
October is breast cancer awareness month and we can each do our part to support breast cancer research and our fellow women that need us. Call into this episode and ask your questions. It's best to find out early. You may donate to the National Breast Cancer Foundation by clicking this link here.
Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year.
Since Rudi's diagnosis with Breast Cancer in October 2012, Rudi has become a passionate advocate to educate others about the disease. He acts as a spokesperson for men who have had this somewhat rare diagnosis, but is also interested in teaching the entire community more about breast health with the message that prevention and early detection is the best defense against the disease.
In the midst of Pinktober, one can't help but raise awareness of Breast Cancer! It is one of the most recognized National Awareness Initiatives adopted by the country. Since its inception in 1985, the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month organization (NBCAM) has been at the forefront of promoting awareness of breast cancer issues and has evolved along with the national dialogue on breast cancer.
Why so PINK? Because we care! Everyone is impacted by this disease in some personal or impersonal way. Tonight, I am speaking with On-Air Radio Personality ML6, of 103.1 WEUP, located in Huntsville, AL to share her connection with Breast Cancer.
There are PLENTY of ways to show your support of Pinktober, and by tuning in tonight, you will be able to learn ways to help FIGHT breast cancer!
Connect with ML6: T: @MidDaysML6
F: "ML Six"
Follow our conversation via Twitter @GiselleAvenue and @ML6! We will continue to celebrate Pinktober in hopes of finding a CURE for this disease!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and while we know that relationships can be difficult at times what happens when a diagnosis such as breast cancer is put into the mix? Today we’ll talk to women who have gone through the ordeal and get their views on how their womanhood and relationships were affected.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we'll have a candid discussion with Sandra L. Craig... a 20 year breast cancer survivor to promote breast cancer awareness in both men and women, to help the audience understand early detection and prevention, and discuss ways to celebrate once you are healed.
We're BURNING THE PINK RIBBON!! It's a distraction. The cause and cure of cancer were first discovered in 1931. Why is this a secret??
HOST Viyahta, author and Master Herbalist, along with co-host Karah, singer and author discuss the deceptions and true motives behind BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH. German New Medicine is discussed as important knowledge to understand the root cause. The emphasis is on PREVENTION AS THE BEST MEDICINE.
Go to: www.learninggnm.com to learn more about German New Medicine and the work of Dr. Ryke Gerd Hamer.
You can post your questions and comments now on our new facebook page: facebook/viyahtaandkarah.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (144 chatters)
- Channel Panel (56 chatters)
- BeverlyD (20 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (20 chatters)
- John Baptist (17 chatters)
- NatureofReality (16 chatters)
- Omega Man (15 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (13 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B Frank Stylz (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (9 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO STAFF (9 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (7 chatters)
- RadioFree QuickBooks (7 chatters)
- Spirit Radio Show (7 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (7 chatters)
- Patriot Family (6 chatters)
- Breath Of Terra (6 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (6 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (6 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (6 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (6 chatters)
- The Creating Calm Network 3 (6 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (5 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (5 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (5 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (5 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (5 chatters)
- Life Harmony RADIO (5 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (4 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (4 chatters)
- Angels Guides and Holly (4 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (3 chatters)
- BITEradio me (3 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (3 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- FD2B Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- prophetrodney (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SarahandSophia (2 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- Ahura Z (2 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (2 chatters)
- Dariaanne (2 chatters)
- The Will And Tony Show (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- USC RADIO PRODUCTIONS CH ONE (2 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (1 chatters)
- Tribulation News (1 chatters)
- They Might Be Taping (1 chatters)
- Tech Start Radio (1 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (1 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (1 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (1 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (1 chatters)
- Intuitive Transformation Radio (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Center Lane Show (1 chatters)
- dtm wicked (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- Ask The Cat Doctor Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- SuzyChannel (1 chatters)
- Paul Lawrence Vann (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (1 chatters)
- New Harvest Apostolic Minis (1 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- KxOn3 Under Fire (1 chatters)
- SportsJAM Network (0 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (0 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (0 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (0 chatters)
- BusProRadio (0 chatters)