SORT BY Relevancy
Tuesday, April 7, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "PBC" edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
The elite level trainer will preview this weekend's big fight card from Brooklyn, New York, which is slated to be televised on NBC this Saturday night!!
- Danny Garcia vs. Lamont Peterson...12 round special attraction
- Andy Lee vs. Peter Quillin for the WBO Middleweight title
Coach Ronnie will answer many questions swirling around Al Haymon's "Premier Boxing Champions" series
- Why did the influential adviser form the "PBC"?
- What is Al Haymon's "end game"?
- How long can "PBC" sustain this kind of activity?
- What are the benefits of the controversial boxing series versus more traditional business models?
The Houston, Texas based fight coach will also share his thoughts on this past Saturday's fight card on CBS.
- Stevenson UD12 over Bika
- Beterbiev KO4 over Campillo
Tune in for an all new edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields", exclusively on FightSaga Radio!!
Wednesday, April 22, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Boxing Legends Double Header", featuring Hall of Fame matchmaker and promoter Don "War a Week" Chargin and elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
Kicking off tonight's 90 minute program, the six decade boxing legend will talk about the ongoing promotion of "Mayweather vs. Pacquiao", which is slated to go down live on Saturday, May 2nd!!
- Why the delay in ticket distribution and sale?
- What's the Hall of Fame promoter's assessment of Mayweather Promotions' performance up to this point?
- Why didn't TMT want to work in a collaborative effort with Top Rank, Inc, and what are the potential pitfalls?
In the second portion of Don's segment, "War a Week" Chargin will discuss the future of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and PBC's handling of his career.
- Can JCC Jr. bounce back from quitting on his stool?
- Will the passionate Mexican fight fans ever support the 29 year old fighter ever again?
"The Don" of boxing will also talk about yesterday's conference call with Canelo and Kirkland!!
At the 30 minute mark, FightSaga Radio will be joined by elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
- PBC on Spike TV from the UIC Pavilion in Chicago, Illinois
- Anthony Dirrell vs. Badou Jack for the WBC 168 pound title
- Danny Jacobs vs Caleb Truax for the WBA "Regular" Middleweight title
Coach Shields will also share his thoughts on this past weekends action on HBO and Showtime, and will also give us his prediction on this Saturday night's big Heavyweight fight between Klitschko and Jennings!!
Join us this evening for a special "Double Header" of Boxing Legends and Real Boxing on FightSaga Radio!!
When Eli Roebuck was a little boy, his mother left the family with a large, hairy creature that Eli would come to think of as a Sasquatch. Author Sharma Shields joins host Linda Rez of Minstrel and Muse to discuss her incredible debut novel, The Sasquatch Hunter's Almanac, Eli's quest to find and destroy the mythical Sasquatch, Mr. Krantz. As the reviewer for The Stranger commented, "It's a hell of a book", the television rights have been secured and it's one of Entertainment Weekly and O Magazine's best of 2015.
Eli Roebuck was nine years old when his mother walked off into the woods with "Mr. Krantz," a large, strange, hairy man who may or may not be a sasquatch. What Eli knows for certain is that his mother went willingly, leaving her only son behind. For the rest of his life, Eli is obsessed with the hunt for the bizarre creature his mother chose over him, and we watch it affect every relationship he has in his long life--with his father, with both of his wives, his children, grandchildren, and colleagues. We follow all of the Roebuck family members, witnessing through each of them the painful, isolating effects of Eli's maniacal hunt, and find that each Roebuck is battling a monster of his or her own, sometimes literally. The magical world Shields has created is one of unicorns and lake monsters, ghosts and reincarnations, tricksters and hexes. The Sasquatch Hunter's Almanac is boldly imaginative throughout, and proves to be a devastatingly real portrait of the demons that we as human beings all face.
Damien Shields is a Michael Jackson historian, investigative journalist, and author of the popular Michael Jackson news website damienshields.com. He has been providing news and information on Jackson’s career and legacy for eight years, publishing exclusive stories on countless projects – most notably the Thriller 25 album, This Is It tour, and posthumous Michael, Bad 25, and Xscape releases. His newly self-published book, Xscape Origins: The Songs & Stories Michael Jackson Left Behind -- which features exclusive new interviews with many of Jackson's longtime collaborators -- takes readers inside the studio, providing a fly-on-the-wall insight into the King of Pop's creative process while dissecting the anatomy of his craftsmanship.
Tonight, Tuesday, April 14, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Mayweather/Pacquiao/Khan/Cotto" edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
The elite level trainer will discuss all of the latest topics in the sport of boxing!
- Mayweather media work-out
- Sergey Kovalev and Main Events withdraws from Stevenson purse bid
- IBF Lightweight title holder Mickey Bey Jr. turns down $200K purse to make $50K in first defense
- Manny Pacquiao music video is released
- Amir Khan vs. Chris Algieri for May 29th on Spike TV?
- Miguel Cotto vs. Daniel Geale official for June 6th on HBO
Coach Ronnie will also make his predictions for this weekend's match-ups on HBO and Showtime
- Matthysse vs. Provodnikov on HBO
- Crawford vs. Dulorme on HBO
- Chavez Jr. vs. Fonfara on Showtime
The Houston, Texas based fight trainer will also give us an update on all of his fighters at the Plex Gym!!
Tune in to another special edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
In the "Michael Cuddyer: Mindfreak" edition, Jeffrey and Greg discuss the films of Werner Herzog, Jeffrey and David Roth discuss the films of Ron Howard, and then Jeffrey and Greg discuss the merits of the TV show, "Sliders." This has been the worst offseason ever, you guys. There is also kvetching about James Shields, an in-depth analysis of the playoff odds of our two favorite second-division sports teams, and a lot of discussion about the 2003 Mets.
Tuesday, March 31, at a special start time of 7PM ET/4PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a "Floyd, Manny, Kell, and Amir" edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
The elite level trainer will discuss the latest comments from Floyd Mayweather Jr.; which state, "Manny Pacquiao is a solid competitor, but he's very reckless, and makes a lot of mistakes".
- Is Money May accurate with his assessment of the Pacman?
- Is Floyd Jr. discounting Manny's skill set in the ring?
- Should Mayweather Jr. study more fight tape on Pacquiao during his preparation for the May 2nd superfight?
Coach Ronnie will also examine recent comments by both popular UK Welterweights, Kell Brook and Amir Khan!!
- Is the IBF title holder too much risk for the reward in Khan's mind?
- Will Al Haymon allow a super fight between Brook and Khan to materialize in 2015?
- Who wins...Special K or King Khan?
The Houston, Texas based fight trainer will also help us break down this weekend's fight action on CBS!!
- Adonis Stevenson vs. Sakio Bika
- Artur Beterbiev vs. Gabriel Campillo
Tune in to an all new edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields", exclusively on FightSaga Radio!!
Wednesday, March 25th, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Showtime Championship Boxing" edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
The elite level trainer will be setting the table for the main course on Showtime this Saturday evening!!
- Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Gary Russell Jr. for the WBC Featherweight Championship
- Kell Brook vs. Jo Jo Dan for the IBF Welterweight Championship
- Jermell Charlo vs. Vanes Martirosyan in a 10 round Super Welterweight special attraction
The Houston, Texas based fight trainer will also be discussing the upcoming debut of PBC on CBS, which will feature WBC Light Heavyweight Champion Adonis Stevenson against Sakio Bika on April 4th.
Coach Ronnie will also be talking about the return of Premier Boxing Champions to NBC on April 11th, with an overview of the two featured bouts on the program.
- Danny Garcia vs. Lamont Peterson
- Andy Lee vs. Peter Quillin for the WBO Middleweight title
Tune in to another very special episode of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields" on the FightSaga Radio Network!!
Join Master Teacher David Hulse fo this week's edition of Science, Sound and Spirituality. He talks extensively about Earth Day.
Master Teacher David Hulse continues to explore the role that your DNA plays in the disease called Aging.
We are calling this our “Veteran's and Active duty appreciation show” If you are a Veteran or are Active duty and play this great sport of ours, then this is the show for you. We are going to have the founder of Veterans In Paintball on talking about his organization, and the founder of Team Defiant the organization that uses tracked chairs so disabled Veterans can mixed it up with the rest of us. We might be having the Capt of the U.S. Army Paintball team calling in as well. Plus we will have some updates about Living Legends 8 next month at CPX paintball park.
So, call in and hang with us and be part of what makes this such a cool show, you the player.
Looking forward to hanging with ya’all.
The call in number is (646) 787-8384 or use Skype, that's free.
Tonight at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Al Haymon Invasion" episode of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
The elite level trainer will discuss the most recent additions to the 2015 boxing calendar.
- Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Gary Russell Jr., Saturday March 28th, Showtime
- Jermell Charlo vs. Vanes Martirosyan, Saturday March 28th, Showtime
- Adonis Stevenson vs. Sakio Bika, Saturday April 4th, CBS
- Artur Beterbiev vs. Gabriel Campillo, Saturday April 4th, CBS
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Andrzej Fonfara, Saturday April 18th, Showtime
- Anthony Dirrell vs. Badou Jack, Friday April 24th, Detroit, Michigan, TBA
- Omar Figueroa vs. Ricky Burns, Saturday May 9th, CBS
The Houston, Texas based fight coach will also bring us up to speed on the other stars currently training at the Plex Gym!!
- Would Demetrius Andrade be willing to step in the ring with Erislandy Lara in a unification bout?
- K9 Bundrage vs. Jermall Charlo?
- Edwin Rodriguez vs. ???
- Could Artur Spilka be next for Deontay Wilder in June?
Coach Ronnie will also chime in on Premier Boxing Champions moving over the ESPN.
- Will Haymon keep Teddy Atlas and Joe Tessitore on the broadcast?
- Should fight fans expect more premium style match-ups on the network?
Tune in for another Tuesday night edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!