SORT BY Relevancy
My Guest Co Host: Ms. Monica Rosales, Director of DocMiami.org
Jose Luis Martinez began his career in the Miami talent industry as a booking agent. In Los Angeles, he worked on a motion picture production desk at International Creative Management (ICM), where he had the opportunity to support several Academy Award winning clients. Upon returning to Miami, Jose Luis Martinez worked with the Miami International Film Festival to help plan and execute its 25th edition; an eleven-day event that featured world premieres and A-list stars.
Mr. Martinez was previously the Creative Director of the Miami World Cinema Center, where he has served as a producer on several independent feature films, many of which have premiered at film festivals such as MIFF, Marbella, and South by Southwest. Mr. Martinez is currently working with the Foundation for Human Rights in Cuba on an ambitious digital media project to bring greater internet connectivity and human rights awareness to the Island.
Jose Luis graduated from the University of Miami’s School of Communication majoring in Motion Pictures and Theater Arts.
Award winning writer and journalist, and author of Overbooked: The Exploding Business of travel and Tourism, Elizabeth Becker describes both the global importance of the travel and tourism business, but also the challenges and problems created by that industry. Elizabeth Becker points out how travel and tourism is possibly the largest, yet most ignored industry in the world.. Elizabeth Becker provides information on how the indstry is still not even considered a business by many, resulting in it not being taken seriously by governments, writers, and travelers themselves. Elizabeth points out the three major areas of tourism, in the form of cultural, consumer, and nature destinations. She also discusses the new gigantic tourist market in China, as well as the old tourist giant USA. In an industry where the challenges include environmental and building deterioration, worker exploitation, and government failures, this is an industry that needs a closer examination. Elizabeth Becker pulls back the curtain on the enormous global travel and tourism industry.
File Under Italian Cubans: Special bilingual show In Italian & Spanish of Domenico Capolongo's Mantua In Cuba: Indigenous Place Name or Memory of Mantova from his book series Emigration & Presence of Italians In Cuba. Covering the strange history & name of the northwestern Cuban town of Mantua In Pinar Del Rio.Thought but not proven to have been founded by Italians from the same city now known as Mantova In Northern Italy. Originariamente Mantua In Cuba Toponimo Indigeno
Brian Lloyd French, Canadian author of "Mojito", political commentator and former columnist in Toronto. He has traveled to Cuba and understands the island's situation quite well.
In segment 2, I will speak with Eileen F. Toplansky, contributor to American Thinker. She recently wrote an article about Cuba.
Please support our friends:
RANGER SELF DEFENSE THE BOOKS OF AARON CLAREY (CAPTAIN CAPITALISM) CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN BY SILVIO CANTO JR
George Neary comes to us from Hartford, Connecticut where his interests in history and preservation originated. He chose Miami Beach as home after being introduced to the Tropics when he was a former Peace Corps Volunteer serving in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines from 1973-75. His next venture would be marked by a stark contrast in weather while working in New York for 20 years. He worked for AFS International/Intercultural Programs. He then worked as Director of US Marketing and Sales.
George moved to Miami Beach to manage Flamingo Terrace Enterprises.
His first big project was Art Deco Weekend 1992. That’s where the very seed of tourism began!
There would be other successes working with Michael Kinerk and Matti Bower, long time chairs overseeing 8 Art Deco Weekends and creating more historic districts for Miami Beach. Miami Beach became a world-wide phenomenon and the number 1 tourist destination.
In 1998 the Greater Miami Convention & Visitor’s Bureau hired George to oversee their heritage and cultural tourism efforts.
He also oversees the Bureau’s gay & lesbian marketing efforts to promote Miami as the premier LGBT destination. George serves on the Board of the Miami Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and The Gay Pride Committee (who plan the largest LGBT event in Miami-Dade, attracting more than 80,000 attendees this past year.) He was a founding Board member of Miami Beach’s Mayor Matti Bower’s LGBT business committee for 2 years. He was awarded the President’s award from the Miami-Dade Gay Chamber, the organization’s highest award.
He has also been a member of the Miami Beach Chamber since 1993. He has helped developed The Museum Mile, a Chamber/Bureau cultural program involving Miami Beach’s 5 museums; and holds the very first Miami Beach Chamber INcard ever issued.
Jack Hanna, nicknamed “Jungle Jack” is one of the most notable animal experts in the U.S. Jack took some time away from his many filming schedule, David Letterman and other show appearances to talk to us about the successes and challenges in the world of animal conservation.
We are going to discover Cuba through its people with Tom Popper, President of Insight Cuba.
Finally, hear how many travelers are leaving positive footprints when they Pack for a Purpose
On Renewable Now this week! Join Peter Arpin and co host Jack Gregg as they will be exploring sustainability in the tourism and hospitality industries . Tedd Saunders is the chief sustainability officer at Saunders Hotel group.He will be joining in on this discussion . Tedd Saunders also is president of ecological solutions and Co owner of the Lennox hotel,comfort inn and suites . This show will make you look at your travel and hotel accommodations in a different way . Be sure to visit ecological-solutions.net to learn more about Tedd's work and what ecological solutions might do for you .
Remember to be sure to listen to Renewable Now Radio in it's new time slot 1pm to 2pm Wednesdays both on 1320warlradio.com and blogtalkradio.com on the renewable Now channel . Renewable Now is all about the business side of Green!
Now and then on CaribHR.Radio we choose a topic that doesn't seem to have an obvious link to Human Resources - until you pay very close attention, that is.
This week's show is a perfect example, and our interview with Diana McIntyre-Pike is a topic that should be of interest to all Caribbean professionals - how to simultaneously transform our communities while attracting tourists to them.
Make sure to join our interactive discussion list with over 550 members in the Human Resource profession at http://caribhrforum.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (123 chatters)
- New Colony Network (30 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (26 chatters)
- reactionariez (24 chatters)
- Straitway (24 chatters)
- Revelation News Radio (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (19 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (16 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (16 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (15 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- TheAllfactsShow (15 chatters)
- Sounding Off with Tank and Tony (14 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (13 chatters)
- 62196 (11 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (10 chatters)
- johncinque (10 chatters)
- The Missing and Exploited (10 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (9 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (8 chatters)
- Rev Dr Catherine M Gross (8 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (7 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (6 chatters)
- Bellesprit (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (6 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- CrsRadio The Knowledge Station (4 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (3 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (3 chatters)
- Radio PI (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (3 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (3 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (3 chatters)
- Susan Puzio (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- AVERadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (2 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (2 chatters)
- JimmyWilliamson (2 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- Sports on Tap (1 chatters)
- Chicago Girlfriends (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- JiggyBox Radio (1 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Janesville Community Radio (1 chatters)