SORT BY Relevancy
Join us for a jam packed show!
Craig Newmark, the founder of Craig's List and Craig Connects joins us for a candid interview (minute 23:30) about his passion for supporting military families (http://www.twitter.com/craignewmark ) .
We highlight Oprah's 'Favorite Things Show', where she pulled off the BIGGEST surprise for 30 Military Spouses!
Editor of Military.com Ward Carroll along with USAA Certified Financial Planner Scott Halliwell stop by to talk about the just released "Sperlings' Best Places" list which ranks the best cities for veterans and explains what makes each of them so friendly to veterans! ( http://www.usaa.com/bestplaces )
We are also talking about Married to the Army: Alaska on OWN. Not to mention we have a big announcement about our Dec 4th show!
You don't want to miss this show! Join the conversation! Laugh, Learn, Relate!
Whether it’s bullying, school or social concerns, kids have a lot to worry about these days. Parents, grandparents and teachers are looking for ways to connect with children to discuss these issues and provide some guidance. One of the best ways to start a conversation with a child is by reading a story about another child first.
Geared to kids 7 to 13, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive for Kids, starts conversations with children about core values, good examples, making good decisions and having the courage to do the right thing.
Join Amy Newmark, publisher of Chicken Soup for the Soul and me on Tuesday, October 22, 10-11 A.M. CT US to learn how to use real stories from kids dealing with difficult issues to teach lessons, inspire your child and you as well.
When Alicia Bertine lost her long, beautiful hair due to aggressive chemotherapy, the 23- year-old thought her modeling dreams were over. However, she quickly came to grips with her new reality and went out proudly without a hat or wig. And Alicia even started building her modeling portfolio, despite two recurrences of cancer. “I didn’t let go of my dreams,” she writes. “I wasn’t going to let illness get me down for one more day.” Now she’s a successful, bald model, actress, and inspirational speaker.
From Lemons to Lemonade is a celebration of Alicia and 100 other people who have overcome hardships and found the blessings in their lives. Deemed “the most inspirational people you’ll ever meet” by Chicken Soup for the Soul co-author and publisher, Amy Newmark, each story’s author is truly a role model and an example of the human spirit’s resilience.
Join Amy Newmark and me on Tuesday, August 27, 10-11 A.M. US to feel empowered to use positive thinking to navigate your own difficult situations, reorient your lives, and improve your personal relationships.
Raised in the small Canadian town of Harrow, Ontario, Craig learned to ice skate almost as early as he learned to walk. His competitive nature was stoked by participating in the country’s favorite sport- hockey. Craig’s artistic spirit drew him to the intense physicality and discipline of ballet, and he joined the Royal Winnipeg Ballet as a student, and later danced with the company.
?The lure of the stage soon called and Craig answered appearing in numerous original theatrical hits on Broadway and pre-Broadway such as “Mamma Mia!”, "Fiddler On The Roof Revival" with Rosie O'Donnell and Lea Michele, Stephen Sondheim's "Bounce", "Matthew Passion", "A Kiss From Alexander" and "Chitty, Chitty Bang, Bang." He also has appeared in television and films in such projects as “Once Upon a Mattress” with Carol Burnett and GLEE’s Matthew Morrison, "An Englishman in New York" with John Hurd and Cynthia Nixon, and the daytime soap opera “All My Children" with Susan Lucci. Along the way, Craig trained fellow performers using his vast understanding of kinesiology, muscle building and weight loss techniques, and nutrition which lead to him being one of the most sought after celebrity trainers.
Craig is very close to his family, this lead him to a greater knowledge of wellness and health because he was determined to take care of his mother Lenore, who was in constant pain. Craig's mom was finally diagnosed with "Fibromyalgia" in early 2000, which sparked Craig's focus to take care of not only his mothers’ health and wellness, but for all people. Craig developed his unique understanding of the importance of the "Mind, Body and Spirit" connection and this message has helping his mother succeed in her health and countless others to date.
LOOKING BACK AT THE LAST INNOCENT AGE
"It's the place you'll always call home. The place you run to --if only in your memories-- when you've lost your way and your compass can't find True North" --Craig Daliessio "Remembering America: Looking Back at the Last Innocent Age" is a wonderful, sentimental, humorous, and emotional journey that takes one last look at the childhood of the last of the Baby-Boomers and their little brothers and sisters. If you grew up in the 60's and 70's, you'll fall in love with every story. The images are sweet and reminiscent of a different time...and what most would say was a better time. Author Craig Daliessio chronicled these wonderful stories during his own time of turmoil and homelessness after losing his career in the collapse in 2008. The memories, and images and words became his refuge during the most difficult and desperate time in his life. In his own words-"The only stories that didn't make me laugh with their silliness, were the ones that made me cry with their poignant sweetness. It was such a great time and a great period in America. My neighbors were my family and my friends and I walked together into adulthood with a bond that my own daughter will never know. I set out to simply chronicle the past in an effort to get a new grip on the future. What I wound up doing was revisiting the best time of my life and an America I miss more each day." It's an engaging, wistful, wonderful voyage to a sweet place in the hearts of those who were lucky enough to have grown up in "The Last Innocent Ag
Amy Newmark is the publisher, editor, and author of the mega-successful Chicken Soup for the Soul and the series of books that followed. Amy took over the company roughly 5 years ago and have carried the torch of positive thought, healthy living, family, and so much more.
Amy and co. are no celebrating 20 years of amazing success and she was on to discuss the impact and influence of the book and what they're doing now to grow even more.
Amy Newmark has led a successful 30-year career as a writer, speaker, financial analyst and business executive in the worlds of finance and telecommunications. Most recently, Newmark has teamed up with one of the most successful book series of all time – Chicken Soup for the Soul® – as publisher, author and editor.
Since its first release in 1993, the Chicken Soup for the Soul series has sold more than 112 million copies in the US and Canada alone, with almost 200 titles and 40 languages. The brand holds a place in The Guinness Book of World Records for having the most books on the New York Times bestseller list at one time, and in 2007, USA Today named Chicken Soup for the Soul one of the five most memorable and impactful books of the last quarter century. Today, Newmark is working to deliver the Chicken Soup for the Soul message of hope and inspiration all over the world.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (489 chatters)
- Channel Panel (350 chatters)
- John Baptist (91 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (55 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (39 chatters)
- Horn Sports (33 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (24 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (19 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (17 chatters)
- DDP Radio (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- Tionna Talks (15 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (14 chatters)
- dtm radio (14 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (11 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (10 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (9 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (9 chatters)
- Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery (9 chatters)
- Curious Times (9 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (9 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (9 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (8 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (8 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (8 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (7 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Karen Tate (7 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (7 chatters)
- LCS (6 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (6 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (5 chatters)
- Billy D Online (5 chatters)
- Dave in the City (5 chatters)
- Diva Taunia (5 chatters)
- GraveYard Radio (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- Real Empowement Talk Live (4 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (4 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (4 chatters)
- The Elite Fiction Network (4 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (3 chatters)
- The Stew Radio (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (3 chatters)
- 12kyle (3 chatters)
- City On A Hill Radio (3 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- David Jerry Wes (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- Grok Radio (2 chatters)
- Building Universal Consciousness (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (2 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- JTT81 (2 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (2 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Straight Independent Radio (2 chatters)
- RHeart (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- TiDo Witnesses (2 chatters)
- The Unsung Goddess (1 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- wcsteelerfan (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Truth Education (1 chatters)
- Love Productions (1 chatters)
- My Fierce Wings Radio (1 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (1 chatters)
- PURE Motive Radio (1 chatters)
- Real Talk Tiff (1 chatters)
- PAPSITE RADIO (1 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Jay Cat Morris (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Ascended Radio (1 chatters)
- Gathering of the Saints Radio (1 chatters)
- DLFootball (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Mew Review (0 chatters)
- The URC Show (0 chatters)