SORT BY Relevancy
We just completed an exhaustive series on "Marriage, Adultery & Divorce" last month (see the Adam & Eve archived shows). One of the perils we have noticed is that Christians have not exceeded the divorce rate of the modern culture, but we are catching up!
The failure of many Pastors to present viable, QUALIFIED Counselors as options for their troubled married or engaged couples is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, Counseling (or wise counsel) is critical for anyone, but when it comes to marriage or divorce, the individuals providing the service should be certifed and trained.
Not every Pastor should be counseling folks just because he or she is the Pastor. Given their known limitations, they should defer to someone else UNLESS they themselves are qualified to administer proper counsel. Many Pastors offer excellent wisdom and healhy choices to their congregation, however, there are those we need to steer clear of as well.
Tonight on "UNCUT" we are going to discuss the perils associated with unqualified counseling and propose several remedies to help you, your spouse and family to get back on the right path to victorious living!
Welcome back! We will pick up where we left off, continuing our study of Biblical Counseling and self discipleship. It is my hope that this show is helpful and a blessing, as I know it blesses me to be able to share information I find in my own studies and walk with God. I have a Biblical Counseling Diploma and soon hope to be certified, as well as obtain a Biblical Life Coaching Diploma. No matter what help you choose, whether Biblical or Secular, be sure and reach out and get the help you deserve. God Bless you!
What is the purpose of counseling? Who needs to go to counseling? When do you go to counseling? What will counseling yield? What has to happen to be successful in counseling? What are some resources that I can use in the meantime while i prepare to attend counseling and convince my mate to go to counseling?
When was the last time you heard an advertisement telling you about the wonders of psychotherapy or overheard folks at the next restaurant table raving about their last counseling session? Not recently? Yet, thousands of individuals and couples quietly enter and leave therapists offices every week with problems understood and resolved, relationships healed and traumas dissolved.
Host of "Spirit Rising" Shelly Pinnell, LISW, launches her first USC program with an insightful discussion about what she sees as the sacredness of the psychotherapy relationship and process and how it has been influenced by alternative modalities. Shelly has successfully incorporated energy psychotherapy into her own coaching and therapy practices for over eighteen years. Keeping one foot in the world of metaphysics and another in the realm of managed care counseling has given her a unique perspective. Hear about the elements of psychothearpay which make it effective. Learn the the differences between first wave and second wave techniques for emotional healing, those you can safely do on your own and possible new directions for the field. This program kicks off a 4-week series of programs each featuring a more in-depth look at the powerful modalities of rapid eye-movement (EMDR), Emotional Accupressure ( like EFT), Hypnosis, and Peak States.
ACAC is unique, in that it employs two full-time counselors along with a host of independent contractors to handle the counseling ministry at the church. This frees the pastors from having to do long-term counseling, which can be a draining activity. Today John talks to Tom Laird, ACAC's Counseling Coordinator, to get an overview of the scope and ministry in the ACAC Counseling Ministry.
The first time I received prophetic ministry I was scared spitless of what God might reveal to them. When I received prophetic counseling, I wondered, "What if they know about more things than I want to deal with? What if they know more about my personal issues than I know?" Does God tell prophetic people how much to say out loud? Does God tell them everything? Will God give them power to heal everything He reveals? Will He give them His compassion as He gives them the scoop on me? Will they prophesy the problems or solutions?
It is with tremendous excitement that I get to interview Kelly McFeely live on Below The Surface. Listen as Kelly and I talk about the new tele-counseling service she is beginning for individuals and America's Soldiers and how coaching will be integrated for future growth.
Kelly is an accomplished professional with experience in community mental health services, mental health managed care, psychiatric hospital administration and management as well as individual and family therapy. Recognized by supervisors and peers as a confident and capable individual who successfully completes multifaceted projects in a timely and effective manner. Relates to management and associates on all levels and yields optimal results in high-pressure situations.
Today's study in our course, 'Man, the spirit', here at New Life School of Pneumatology is about the approach that is taken when counseling/discipling a person who has been born again. A great restoration of Biblical truth began with Martin Luther's discovery of the "just shall live by faith", that salvation is by faith not works. The undertanding of people actually becoming new creatures in Christ when they exercised faith for salvation was not understood in Luther's day and so the teaching of the Church at that time was more 'sin' conscious than 'new creation' conscious. Even today, a lot of teaching/preaching focuses on sin more than righteousness. Counseling/discipleship can take on this flavor also. So today, we are going to look at the subject of what counseling/discipling should be when working with those who are new creatures in Christ.
This week on on Mental and Spiritual Health Dr. Pauline and Catherine look at the different counseling models that counselors are taught, and why it is important for Christians seeking counseling to understand the impact of these models on therapy outcomes.
Please prayerfully consider donating to the Dunamas Center so we can keep this radio show and other services available to you. Follow this link to make your secure donation. http://dunamascenter.com/resources-newsletters-may12-1.html
Please send us your questions or show ideas to email@example.com.
Join Host Live Chats
- Jamie The Psychic (83 chatters)
- Lucky Mojo Curio Company (41 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (26 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (18 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (12 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (10 chatters)
- Pastor Paul Begley (10 chatters)
- Cross Encounters (9 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- Dino Dean (7 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (7 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- Donny C (6 chatters)
- The IPC (6 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (6 chatters)
- Writing Royalty (5 chatters)
- reVerse (5 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (5 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (5 chatters)
- Its Live Real Talk (5 chatters)
- Kimberly Renee (5 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (5 chatters)
- Platinum Queens West (4 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (4 chatters)
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (4 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (3 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (3 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (3 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (3 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Funny to the Moon (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- 13RevolutionRadio (3 chatters)
- PEAS IN THEIR PODS (3 chatters)
- Michael Buffalo (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- NEWDradio (2 chatters)
- JimmyWilliamson (2 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- EMS Office Hours (2 chatters)
- EWRoss (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- Stanley Doc Scott (2 chatters)
- WORLD Change (2 chatters)
- Writestream (1 chatters)
- USA live (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network2 (1 chatters)
- TableTalk with Tosh (1 chatters)
- TALK THAT TALK N TAMMY S WORLD (1 chatters)
- Real Talk with Mike and Steve (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- Rope2Rope Radio (1 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)
- Four Elements United (1 chatters)
- GEI Radio (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- 63504 (1 chatters)
- Brother Sean X (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Informational Interviews (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)