SORT BY Relevancy
Welcome to The B1G Show! Today we kickoff our 2013 Big Ten Preview Series with the Nebraska Cornhuskers Preview Show, with special guest Steve Sipple, who covers the Cornhuskers for the Lincoln Journal Star.
Join us as we breakdown Nebraska's offseason storylines, stock report, spotlight key players, examine the team’s biggest question marks and make our bold predictions. In addition, we will go through the entire 2013 schedule game-by-game, while highlighting the most critical matchups and giving you the Cornhuskers best and worst case scenarios for the upcoming season.
Hosted by Daniel Mogollon and Lloyd Ribner III.
The Nebraska Cornhuskers are coming off a 39-19 win in their Big Ten opener against the Illinois Fighting Illini, which saw them rumble for 335 yards. Senior offensive tackle Jeremiah Sirles was a critical part of the offensive line that led the way. Sirles was a second-team All-Big Ten performer as a junior and he will be making his 34 career start this Saturday at Purdue, the second most on the team.
The fifth-year senior talks about playing for Bo Pelini, the importance of being versatile along the offensive line, last week's win over Illinois and this week's contest at Purdue. Sirles also takes us off the field, as we talk about his love of the Denver Broncos, his career interests outside of football, as well as his favorite doughnut.
Interview is from Wednesday night's Week 7 preview show.
Length: 14 Minutes
USA Today reporter Nicole Auerbach joins us to discuss John Calipari's enterprising days as a young basketball player/landlord, which teams you should embrace and avoid in the bracket, what AARP age coach you want taking the last shot for you in a tie game, and why there's no good reason the IOC can't organize Dog Olympics. Plus, Jane and Ryan discuss their personal athletic lows and the perils of keeping Twitter open when you're watching a game through a streaming connection.
BTPowerhouse takes a look at the classic debate between whether a team should want to take a 1st Round exit in the NCAA Tournament or make a deep run in the NIT. To help facilitate discussion, David McGee from CornNation joined the BTPowerhouse staff.
A lot of stuff happened to Penn State basketball this week, and it was mostly good! Sure, the Nittany Lions kicked off its recent stretch of games losing to Maryland in College Park, but the squad was able to bounce back with an ugly and well-deserved win over Nebraska. However, the biggest news of the week came when former PSU guard Tim Frazier got called up to the Philadelphia 76ers and became the school's first alumnus to make the NBA since Calvin Booth in 2009. Bill and Chad will discuss everything of and related to Penn State hoops this week, and are joined by Yahoo's Sam Cooper. Get excited: it's time for another episode of the best damn Penn State basketball podcast on the web.
Three-time Super Bowl Champion Roger Craig joins Joe Lisi On The Weekly Blitz. Craig was a standout for the Nebraska Cornhuskers from 1980-1982 rushing for 2,446 yards with 26 touchdowns. He played for legendary head coach Tom Osbourne and became a 2nd round draft pick of the San Francisco 49'ers.
Playing for Hall of Fame head coach Bill Walsh, Craig became a three-time Super Bowl Champion and cemented his career as one of the best running backs of his era. Craig was a complete running back who rushed for 8,189 yards averaging 4.1 yards per carry and caught 566 passes for 4,911 receiving yards. Craig recorded 73 total touchdowns in his amazing 11 year career for the 49'ers, Raiders and Vikings.
Craig had great vision and had one of the best running styles in the league as he "high stepped" his way to greatness in the NFL.
He was a fierce competitor who played the game with intensity and heart in helping his teams to Super Bowl victories over the Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals and the Denver Broncons.
Roger loves the game of football and is a motivational speaker who talks about his success with athletes of all ages. To learn more about his current work, visit his webasite at: www.RogerCraig33.com.
Roger was elected into the 49'ers Hall of Fame in 2011.
The BTPowerhouse staff discuss the Big Ten's performance in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge and how fans should react to the string of recent upsets to teams like Michigan, Nebraska, and Purdue among others.
Bo pelini who is next what other teams have unrealistic expectations kansas better get him if they want a good head coach I would not be surprised if big named coaches turn this job down. What do Nebraska fans really expect because it does not get much better than 9-3 and being ranked in the top 25 on a yearly basi
Big 10 conference
On the show, we break down Purdue's trip to Nebraska, where the Boilermakers will take on the Cornhuskers following their bye week. Can Purdue, a big underdog, get the upset? And how? We talk to Omaha World-Herald beat writer Jon Nyatawa about the Huskers, plus give our predictions, over/under thoughts, "Boys," and more. Also, we feature Raheem Mostert, who has reclaimed a big role for the Boilermakers, and talk to Ricardo Allen about his NFL experience.
Join Host Live Chats
- War on the Horizon Live (22 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (14 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (12 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (10 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (10 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (9 chatters)
- MethylationSupport (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (4 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (4 chatters)
- Bellesprit (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (4 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (2 chatters)
- The Picks Place Radio Hour (2 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (2 chatters)
- TIS Network (2 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (2 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- Powerhouse Ministries Intl (2 chatters)
- Northern Wellness (2 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (1 chatters)
- Melanin on the rise (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (1 chatters)
- Euphoric Network (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Intuitive Guidance Lindsay Marino (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- Triple Dark (1 chatters)
- The Initiative Radio Network (1 chatters)