SORT BY Relevancy
Before you know it, you can feel that your caregiving responsibilities have swallowed you up. You somehow became one dimensation--your life is just about caregiving responsibilities, tasks, worries and chores. Today, we're talking up getting lost in caregiving. Call us during our live show to share your experiences.
About Bruce, our show's co-host:
Bruce lives to encourage and inspire as many people as possible, especially caregivers and those living with a chronic condition. He is the author of Resilient Life and Graceful Transitions. He has served as a non-profit, church, and business leader. You can purchase Graceful Transitions at caregiving.com and read more from Bruce at brucemcintyre.com.
“I Am Somebody” is a spiritually nourishing book by poet/author Frances H. Kakugawa - that is also likely to be healing for people who lack the words to describe their caregiving experiences, both past and present, and the range of emotions that accompany those experiences.
Her message is a powerful one: Despite all the demands and burdens that caring for someone with dementia entail, the bottom line is never to forget that person’s humanity. The care recipient may no longer have the memories, abilities and personality that he or she once did, but there is a soul within that body that responds to and is deserving of love and compassion.
Join Denise and Bruce McIntyre for another episode of Care Break. In this show, we'd love know: What are your seven significant caregiving moments? Call us during our show to share yours.
About Bruce: Bruce lives to encourage and inspire as many people as possible, especially caregivers and those living with a chronic condition. He is the author of *Resilient Life *and *Graceful Transitions. *He has served as a non-profit, church, and business leader. You can purchase *Graceful Transitions* at caregiving.com and read more from Bruce at brucemcintyre.com.
The joy of being a parent is one of the greatest things one can experience in life. But for millions of couples, parenthood is just a dream because of infertility issues. Coping with these issues can be a daily struggle that sometimes leads to sadness, tension, frustration and depression.
You don't have to struggle alone. If you are suffering with shame, guilt, depression, or anger because of an inability to get pregnant, we want you to call in today and chat with us.
Our guest, Rachel Eddins, M.Ed., LPC-S, CGP, is here to share the resources and options that are available to help ease the emotional burden for couples who are trying to cope with infertility. Call in, 646-716-6910 or join us in our LIVE chatroom during the show.
in Self Help
This week is a short show with a request from Suzanne whose grandmother is in the hospital due to a fall. Suzanne feels guilty as her mother is the only one in the family capable of staying nights at the hospital. Janet and the HS's discuss patterns rooted in the collective belief of aging/elderly/caregiving and we end with a potent healing.
When it's you, your spouse and your caree, you can feel like you often choose your caree over your marriage. How do you cope with the stresses and rigors of caregiving and take care of your marriage? Linda Goin, who cares for her dad and cared for her mom, shares what she learned about taking care of her marriage during caregiving.
Linda Goin is a 60-year-old writer and entrepreneur. She's now writing a memoir about her experiences about caregiving her mother, who died from bile duct cancer in June 2014. Linda spent the better part of 2013 and 2014 caregiving her mother in her parents' home, and she's now a long-distance caregiver to her Dad. Although the distance between her home and her parents' home is only eight hours, that distance is just enough to make things complicated. The length of time Linda spent with her parents away from her home took a toll on her marriage; but, she and her husband are learning how to work things out through "co-caregiving" this time around.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Straitway (32 chatters)
- The Portal (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (13 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (11 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (10 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (9 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (8 chatters)
- in5d (8 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (7 chatters)
- PlanetGreenTrees (6 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (5 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (5 chatters)
- Papa CE (5 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (4 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (4 chatters)
- The Captain0 (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (3 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (3 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- American White History Month (3 chatters)
- ARAIG (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- Political Justice (2 chatters)
- SiS NSpirit (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (2 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Whi Radio (1 chatters)
- Sisters4Life Blog Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Politics and A Beer (1 chatters)
- Side Kick Pro (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- TheGingerLondonShow (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Rifleman (1 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (1 chatters)
- Essence Of My Love (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- CommunityRadio (1 chatters)
- Conservative Report (1 chatters)
- Buffed Up Radio (1 chatters)
- VOC Nation Radio Network (0 chatters)