SORT BY Relevancy
In this age of technological provision, in which everything is presented as a now or never proposition, and where many are peddling the "prosperity gospel", people are easily moved from recognizing and accepting what is needed, and to paying what they want.
However, those pursuits, fueled primarily by thoughts regarding what this world offers, cannot prepare anyone for the world to come.
If you cannot find contentment, then Christ will remain hidden from you.
Nina Lesowitz, co author of The Grateful Life: The Secret to Happiness and the Science of Contentment will be sharing her inspiring work on grateful living to transform lives. She defines; what gratitude is, how it can help in the workplace, what effects it can have on our health and why our true happiness depends on living a full life. There is science in the practice of a grateful life as BJ shares stories, tips and documented studies on the topic.
Are you constantly comparing what you have to others and lamenting on what you don't have? Do you save giving thanks for the holidays? Why should you be grateful if life has given you lemons or challenges that are far too big to overcome? How can you see the good when the bad seems to be an every day event? Can you tranform your outlook on life and be happy no matter what?
For more information, visit www.thegratefullifebook.com
Ever since the beginning of creation, when the first creatures came from the hand of God, there has always been someone, somewhere, unhappy with his position in the universe. Being unhappy is a cancer that destroys peace of mind. A life without contentment is full of disapointments and anger. We must learn to be content right where we are. God IS in charge and He has brought you to where you are for a reason. When you realize this you can have true happiness. Call in live 1-805-285-9726.
Through years of research and practice, bestselling authors Nina Lesowitz and Mary Beth Sammons have discovered that grateful living can transform lives. Spiritual advisors and wellness practitioners have long embraced gratitude as a fundamental component of wellness and mindfulness. Now, scientists are joining the chorus of those who are expounding on the numerous benefits of a gratitude practice.
The Grateful Life is replete with real---life stories and tips from people who have adopted gratefulness as a spiritual practice and transformed their lives through the power of thankfulness—in good times and bad. Not only have they cultivated contentment, but scientists and researchers too agree that an attitude of gratitude leads to a happier, healthier and more abundant life.
Today's show was pre-recorded so please do not call in. The next live show will be 7/9/14. Bring your lunch and join us on Wednesdays at noon to hear The Prayer Journey. Internationally known Pastor, Ministry Leader and Motivational Speaker, Rev Dr Pablo Diaz along with Rev. Lemuel Blackett as they guide us in our quest to become more intimate with God in the series The Prayer Journey. Wherever you are in your spiritual journey, Both pastors will provide insight and practical steps to help you along your path of achieving greater intimacy.
Need Prayer? http://www.ourprayer.org
We live in a world that is always seeking ways to be happy and fulfilled in materialism, pleasure as well as vain pursuits and experiences. Always looking for the next high or fix thats going to satisfy them.....so they think. But if were not careful we too as followers of Christ can soon find ourselves falling for the same deception that alludes us as if were "chasing the wind". Why do we so easily get off course with our eyes and heart focused on all those things that won't gratify us? How is it that we turn away from Godly counsel and indulge in our own sinful lust? How can we have a heart thats content in any and all circumstances? Please join me.
Contentment seems to be an elusive quality in the population. In some countries, discontentment which drives the urgent pursuit of wealth is applauded, and contentment sometimes paralleled with laziness, or a lack of ambition.
The qualitative outcome of a Prosperity Game I was recently a part of, raised this issue as participants of the game were encouraged to play and receive increasing amounts of wealth from 'the Universe', and some expressed as sense of 'ENOUGH' and were ready to quit, and the dialogue that came out of that sense of what is enough, was the inspiration for this show.
When is enough, enough? What is your limit? Glass ceiling? How do we reconcile a feeling of contentment with a pursuit of wealth?
One thing is for certain, mindset is behind the answer to this question. It could determine your sense of contentment, now and in the future; and it can determine what you determine is ENOUGH in your life. Join me, and expand your mindset and possibilities
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (59 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (29 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (16 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (13 chatters)
- Gettysburg Ghost Gals (10 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (9 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (9 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (6 chatters)
- PrismRadio (5 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (5 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (4 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (4 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (4 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Darryl James (2 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (2 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (1 chatters)
- Warrior Women W2 (1 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (1 chatters)
- 59445 (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- Awakened Athlete (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)