SORT BY Relevancy
On this episode of HTR we welcome Scott Bowman, director of operations for Earthrace Conservation. Earthrace is one of the leading organizations in the world when it comes to wildlife conservation, particularly marine conservation.
Check out Earthrace at:
And follow Earthrace on Facebook at:
In the 2nd part of our new format, we are looking at conservation
Conservation biology is the scientific study of the nature and status of Earth's biodiversity with the aim of protecting species, their habitats, and ecosystems from excessive rates of extinction and the erosion of biotic interactions. It is an interdisciplinary subject drawing on sciences, economics, and the practice of natural resource management.
The conservation ethic is based on the findings of conservation biology.
During this show we will be discussing all forms of conservation and we welcome your comments/thoughts/suggestions.
The show is live on Friday 3rd May at 10:30pm BST
Andrew Schock has been with The Conservation Fund since September 2003 and is currently the Georgia State Director. At the Fund, he has worked to protect thousands of acres of vital habitat, including parks and greenspace throughout the Metro Atlanta area, Georgia and Alabama. Andrew has past affiliations with the National Wildlife Federation as the Southeastern Center Director managing the field office in Atlanta; The Nature Conservancy, where he completed real estate transactions to protect biodiversity, assisted with the establishment of the botanical inventory at Ft. Stewart, Georgia and established the Integrated Management Plan at Ft. Benning, Georgia; The North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission as a District Wildlife Biologist; and The Department of Defense as a Biological Technician working on endangered species management at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Andrew has an M.B.A. from Kennesaw State University, Georgia and a B.S. in Zoology (Wildlife Science) from North Carolina State University, Raleigh. He and his wife Alice are the parents of Carter, 23 and Caroline, 18.
In this episode of ReNewable Now, we’ll learn about the Conservation Law Foundation with their Vice President and Director Tricia K. Jedele. We’ll also explore how to better prepare for hurricanes and storms, such as Superstorm Sandy, and the cleanups that can be arranged to restore and protect our environment.
Colin Riddell and Rupert Imhoff of the Bob Irwin Wildlife & Conservation Foundation are coming at us all the way from Australia on this very special episode of HTR to talk about wildlife conservation in Australia and worldwide.
Ocean Conservation with Hannah (Mermaid) Fraser with your host Candy O'Donnell !!
Call in number: (347) 855-8164 .... but dont forget to PUSH 1 ON YOUR KEYPAD IF YOU WISH FOR READING...
Today’s guest Hannah (Fraser) Mermaid will share her passion for the preservation of earth's oceans and some of her activism experiences with a variety of causes, events, lectures and films. Professionally, she is an under water model and athlete, who travels the world to exotic locations being filmed and photographed as a mermaid swimming with dolphins, sea lions and other friends. She is also a professional fashion and art photographer, and an artist. Currently, McTrax Motion is in production of a docudrama with Hannah titled: Tears of a Mermaid - that shares stunning imagery drawing attention to the issue of ocean pollution. -- Find today’s guest @:
Travel around the globe with World Footprints today as we go to Namibia, the Mediterranean and Detroit.
First stop…Namibia with Dr. Laurie Marker, Founder of the Cheetah Conservation Fund. Since 1990, Dr. Marker has pioneered new ideas in cheetah conservation and has formed cooperative alliances on behalf of the cheetah that have never before been possible. She is recognized around the world as one of the leading experts on cheetahs, both in the wild and in captivity.
Then we’ll journey to the Mediterranean with travel author and TV host Rick Steves. Rick is on a mission: to help make European travel accessible and meaningful for Americans. Rick joins us to talk about his newest guide book, Mediterranean Cruise Ports, and the art of travel.
Finally, meet Philip Lauri, the Founder and Director of Detroit Lives!,
It's always a hot topic. Conservation includes not just preserving the habitat, but harvesting wild caught animals, captive breeding, smuggling or "brown boxing", profit, rescue, public fear, and loads of other stuff. Call in or chat along. Tonight I'll announce the contest winner of the giveaway too!
Today, World Footprints broadcasts Part 2 of the 3-part interview with Emmy Award winning actor Eric Braeden, who plays Victor Newman on The Young & the Restless (CBS Daytime). Eric talks about his favorite travel destinations and his efforts to foster peace and understanding between Germans and the Jewish community. Then, enjoy a feast with Spain’s celebrated chef Maria Jose San Roman as she shares the secret ingredient that appears in all of her dishes (and cocktails). Finally, in celebration of World Animal Day this month we will be joined by Paul Butler, SVP of Global Programs at RARE Conservation, who will discuss RARE’s animal conservation efforts and the world-wide Pride Campaign.
The DIY home renovation concept is a very popular trend, especially with the high cost of home renovation and the need to live more sustainably. Providing that you have the expertise or have the proper instruction, it can also be very cost effective as it is good for the environment. The financial costs associated with purchasing a new home has also forced people to go back to basics. Home owners are looking at the comfort and personalization of the home as opposed to buying something that is simply “bigger and better”. Instead of spending a fortune on brand new materials, people are opting to use materials from old buildings or “deconstruction” as well as other materials often headed for landfills. By embracing building concepts such as straw bale building on a community level, people can learn to work together within their own communities to create more affordable housing as they develop a more tight-knit community. How does one begin such an endeavor? What exactly are the building basics that you need to know? How can people collect reclaimed materials? Why are insulation and thermal mass so important? What options are there for utilizing space as well as creating space? How can you incorporate the natural color of materials to enhance the beauty of your home? How can you create a landscape that also lends itself to sustainability?
In this special series called The Clean Energy View Radio Show, host, June Stoyer talks to author, Jessica Kellner about her book, Housing Reclaimed: Sustainable Homes For Next To Nothing. Jessica will share tips and answer many of the questions home owners have about DIY renovation. Jessica Kellner is editor of Natural Home & Garden magazine and a passionate advocate of using architectural salvage to create aesthetically beautiful, low-cost housing. ©2013 TheOrganicView.com. All Rights Reserved.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (408 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (45 chatters)
- Curious Times (31 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (28 chatters)
- Love Productions (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (16 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (14 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (13 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (13 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (13 chatters)
- Jay King Network (13 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (12 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (12 chatters)
- dtm wicked (11 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (9 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (9 chatters)
- Reader Tash (8 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (8 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (8 chatters)
- 9 at 9 (8 chatters)
- AMCpress news and views (7 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- KxOn3 Under Fire (7 chatters)
- New Colony Network (6 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (6 chatters)
- Building Universal Consciousness (6 chatters)
- INSOMNIAC Radio (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- Jason OBrien (3 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (3 chatters)
- Faith Works (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- First Love Radio (3 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (3 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (3 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (3 chatters)
- WorstShowOnTheWeb (2 chatters)
- The Foundation Team Network (2 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (2 chatters)
- EOTM Radio Networks (2 chatters)
- FrmHsPerspectiv (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Glee Radio (2 chatters)
- Around Citi Live (2 chatters)
- Christ Judgement (2 chatters)
- Sevin Hunnid (2 chatters)
- Lorraine Roe (2 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (2 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (1 chatters)
- Linda Mooney (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- MASTER GRIOT NBBTA RADIO (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- MMWHP Productions LLC (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- TheForbiddenFruit (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Truth Education (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries LIVE (1 chatters)
- DON JR CEO (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- Jay Rex Music live Talk (1 chatters)
- Israeli Stone (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Whats Brewin (1 chatters)
- The Jets Beat (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (0 chatters)