SORT BY Relevancy
A concussion is more than just a headache or a temporary loss of cognitive ability. It’s an injury that is invisible and destructive if not handled properly.
Talking to others who have experienced a concussion and are living through signs, symptoms and post-concussion syndrome, can help the victim to recover.
Samantha Sanderson and Lauren Long, founders of Concussion Connection, have both suffered concussions -- between themselves, they’ve experienced over 20 concussive incidents. Lauren continues to suffer today, diagnosed with Chronic Post Concussion Syndrome.
Learn how we can work together to help those who have suffered a concussion or post-concussion syndrome, during this life altering time. Joining us LIVE on the air, with Samantha Sanderson and Lauren Long of Concussion Connection. Wednesday, September 18th @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448 in Canada and United States to ask a question, or email in advance.
According to the Sport Information Resource Centre, it’s estimated that there are 110 sport related concussions per 100,000 Canadians. When you consider and include children and adolescents, that number jumps to 200 per 100,000 Canadians. Overall, the activities associated with the greatest number of TBI-related ED visits included bicycling, football, playground activities, basketball, and soccer. Everyone from parents, teachers, coaches, athletes and the medical world needs to work together to minimize the risk of concussion to athletes of all ages.
Be a part of the conversation to become aware and educated how victims and families can deal with and treat concussion. Joining us LIVE online is Dr. Lisa Fischer of the Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic on Wednesday, October 2nd @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448 in Cana
The Institute of Medicine’s 2013 Concussion Investigation preliminary findings, have confirmed our worst fears. The debate around repetitive brain damage, from contact sports that produce career ending disabilities to longer term brain disease. These brain injuries are dangerous, cause permanent damage, and lead to near-term cognitive deficits, neurological dysfunction and earlier dementia and depression. There has been an absence of evidence-based risk reduction, prevention, and new concepts to help MTBI victims and their families, until now. Brain In Play’s Brain Performance Enhancement™ (BPE) claims to improve athletic/military performance by optimizing macro-level brain functions. It’s worth taking a second look. And regardless of what additional findings researchers discover, pro and college contact sports’ universal challenge is best answered by ongoing optimizing conditions for brain cell functioning, preservation and growth both before and after a concussive event: Learn how brain performance enhancement can aid in the recovery post-concussion, as a responsible preventative measure and towards treatment for those suffering a brain injury. Joining me are Katherine and Bill White of Brain in Play, LIVE on Wednesday, September 11th @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448 in Canada and United States to ask a question, or email in advance.
We now have very reliable proof that tens of thousands of students attending elementary and secondary schools may be walking around with mild traumatic brain injuries that place them at risk for life-altering consequences from multiple concussions.
One in five adolescents surveyed said they had suffered a traumatic brain injury that left them unconscious for five minutes or required them to be hospitalized overnight.
Many school boards may be waiting for the legislation to be passed before they develop or revise their own formal concussion management programs.
Perhaps this should start with teaching injury awareness and fundamentals of prevention to coaches, teachers, parents, student athletes and teams. Let’s start right here at BEYONDtheCheers. I’ll be bringing you up to date with the latest information on concussion management. Learn how you can become more proactive. With me is Robert Kirwan LIVE on Wednesday August 29 @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448 in Canada and United States to ask a question, or email in advance.
Chiropractic neurology has been getting added press lately via hockey star, Sidney Crosby, who has been treated successfully for concussion symptoms by chiropractic neurologist, Ted Carrick. Carrick claims that he can treat a variety of brain disorders with manipulation along with targeted exercises. There are miraculous testimonials from people who have had their eyesight and hearing restored, along with those who have recovered from being in a coma.
Dr. Mark Friedman, a chiropractic neurologist who trained under Dr. Ted Carrick, uses the body, adjustments and the environment to bring about improvements to your health. He treats the musculoskeletal system as it interacts with the neurological system to improve your quality of life.
Learn all about Chiropractic Neurology, its application to treatment of concussions and the myriad of benefits over traditional chiropractic care with Dr. Mark Friedman of RightSpine on 10.23.13 @ 7PM EST. Visit BEYONDtheCheers
There are many terms used to describe injuries to the head. Concussion, mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI), mild closed head injury and mild somatic brain injury have been used frequently in the athletic world. This adds to the confusion of the general public when seeking information about concussive incidents. More education is needed. Even in the medical field more education is required. About 160 out of 233 newly graduated chief residents are uncomfortable treating an athlete with a concussion. Who else is affected? Concussions can affect more than the individual who sustained the injury. The negative impact on the family may include risk of suicide, divorce, chronic unemployment, financial duress due to lost earnings and substance abuse. This has a cascade effect on the rest of the family. Spouses and kids report depression and social isolation from broken family relationships.
There are many myths associated with concussions. Join us in conversation with Dr. Don Brady and Dr. Flo Brady LIVE on Wednesday March 13th @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448 in Canada and United States to ask a question, or email us in advance of our show.
Acupuncture addresses the body, mind and spirit at the same time and is becoming known as an effective complementary treatment for many of the symptoms associated with post-concussion syndrome, according to a case study published in “Medical Acupuncture.” According to the Mayo Clinic, family members of patients with related symptoms often report personality changes, saying that the patient becomes more stubborn, irritable or suspicious. Anxiety and depression are also common.
While acupuncture can help reduce the severity of, or help to completely relieve the signs and symptoms of a concussion, it is still very important for those suffering to seek care from a Medical Doctor and/or Physical Therapist.Matthew Colavecchia of Acupuncture Works specializes in patient evaluation and treatment with acupuncture. He joins us LIVE on Wednesday, October 16 @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448 in Canada and United States to ask a question, or email in advance
in Self Help
Arron began his hockey career at the age of 4, played for 18 years, until abruptly ending his career and his dream to play professionally after his 10th concussion. He played through injury and symptoms because that is what athletes are taught. He earned MVP awards in every division, received an athletic scholarship and was recognized by both the OHL and NHL community. Arron achieved success throughout his entire hockey career and at 14 was named to the Jr. A Rookie All-Star Team. A year
Concussion awareness in sports continues to increase with a backdrop of news from researchers, who continue to discover chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in the brains of dead football players. And although there has never been any doubt of the health benefits for teens who play sports, there are risks to pushing the limit of speed, strength and endurance, for some athletes – especially those who have experienced a concussion.A coach must be able to recognize and be part of the deci
Christopher Nowinski, a former Harvard football player and WWE professional wrestler, is widely credited for bringing the concussion crisis to the forefront of public attention through advocacy and investigative work at the Sports Legacy Institute and Boston University Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy. Nowinski serves on the NFL Players Association Mackey-White TBI Research Committee and the Ivy League Concussion Committee. He is the author of the critically-acclaimed book Head
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Channel Panel (339 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (180 chatters)
- John Baptist (80 chatters)
- AlimBey (68 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (50 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (22 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (21 chatters)
- Omega Man (20 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (20 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (20 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (16 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (15 chatters)
- The Intuitive Messenger Show (15 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO STAFF (14 chatters)
- BITEradio me (13 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (13 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (11 chatters)
- Ahura Z (10 chatters)
- Arctic Ice Hockey (10 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (9 chatters)
- Bill Murray (9 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (9 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (8 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (8 chatters)
- RadioFree QuickBooks (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (6 chatters)
- Breath Of Terra (6 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (6 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (6 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (6 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (5 chatters)
- Spirit Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (5 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (5 chatters)
- First Love Radio (4 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (4 chatters)
- Real Empowement Talk Live (4 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- The Sedona Connection (4 chatters)
- They Might Be Taping (3 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (3 chatters)
- USC RADIO PRODUCTIONS CH ONE (3 chatters)
- Methylation and Gut Health (3 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Sistar Cassandra (3 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (3 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (3 chatters)
- Intuitive Transformation Radio (3 chatters)
- Donna L Shaw Ministries (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Ask The Cat Doctor Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (3 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- Center Lane Show (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (2 chatters)
- RefJeremy (2 chatters)
- SportsJAM Network (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (2 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (2 chatters)
- No Turning Back (2 chatters)
- KxOn3 Under Fire (2 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- thedean (2 chatters)
- The Psychic Gate (2 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Tribulation News (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Home Court Sports (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- STACK HOUSE RADIO (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Tech Start Radio (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Room 101 (1 chatters)
- Real Talk Live with Ron Kelly (1 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)