SORT BY Relevancy
Have you ever sustained a brain injury have you ever known anyone who had a concussion? These days there is a lot of talk in the media about football players and head injuries and PCS. However, the general public doesn’t really understand how serious a seemingly minor concussion can be.
One of the main reasons we’re tackling this topic this evening is that even a seemingly minor concussion can have life-long, life altering consequences. And that is the topic of tonight's broadcast. Many of our listeners know personally just how a traumatic a concussion can be.
A concussion is more than just a headache or a temporary loss of cognitive ability. It’s an injury that is invisible and destructive if not handled properly.
Talking to others who have experienced a concussion and are living through signs, symptoms and post-concussion syndrome, can help the victim to recover.
Samantha Sanderson and Lauren Long, founders of Concussion Connection, have both suffered concussions -- between themselves, they’ve experienced over 20 concussive incidents. Lauren continues to suffer today, diagnosed with Chronic Post Concussion Syndrome.
Learn how we can work together to help those who have suffered a concussion or post-concussion syndrome, during this life altering time. Joining us LIVE on the air, with Samantha Sanderson and Lauren Long of Concussion Connection. Wednesday, September 18th @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448 in Canada and United States to ask a question, or email in advance.
We will be talking about causes of concussion, symptoms of concussion, the long term effects of concussion, and neurofeedback therapy for the treatment of effects of concussion.
Concussions typically occur after a person falls, gets into an auto accident, is the victim of a violent assault, or suffers a blow to the head during impact sports—especially boxing and football.
Post-concussion syndrome, (PCS), refers to the lingering symptoms following a concussion or a mild traumatic brain injury (TBI). It is typically diagnosed when a person who has recently suffered a head injury continues to feel at least three of the main symptoms following a concussion.
Shannon McGuire provides innovative multidisciplinary approach to helping those with PCS to improve their symptoms and return to activities they enjoy.
Shannon joins us LIVE on Wednesday, April 23rd, @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Listen to any BtC episode at anytime → via iTunes Radio on any iPhone, iPad or computer with iTunes.
According to the Sport Information Resource Centre, it’s estimated that there are 110 sport related concussions per 100,000 Canadians. When you consider and include children and adolescents, that number jumps to 200 per 100,000 Canadians. Overall, the activities associated with the greatest number of TBI-related ED visits included bicycling, football, playground activities, basketball, and soccer. Everyone from parents, teachers, coaches, athletes and the medical world needs to work together to minimize the risk of concussion to athletes of all ages.
Be a part of the conversation to become aware and educated how victims and families can deal with and treat concussion. Joining us LIVE online is Dr. Lisa Fischer of the Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic on Wednesday, October 2nd @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448 in Cana
This Podcast speaks on two major concerns concussion prevention and athletic performance. concussions are a very big concerns for alot of people from the athlete, parents, and coach's. We will never eliminate concussions but it is in power to limit the amount of concussions that do happen.
Athletic performance and concussion prevention do relate we will never be able to put the full athletic product on the field if athlete's are always gaining concussions. Athletic performance is built when we place a need to prevent injuries then looking at the amount of power each athlete is able to produce.
In this podcast you will find some simple solutions on preventing concussions from the upcoming season. Remeber that prevention starts before the season starts.
Sponsers of the Show
Music : Longed for Fusion
Critical Bench : If you ar looking to increase your bench press and gain strong upper body strength visit their site
Everify : Make sure you are safe do free background checks on your neighbors it's free
The Institute of Medicine’s 2013 Concussion Investigation preliminary findings, have confirmed our worst fears. The debate around repetitive brain damage, from contact sports that produce career ending disabilities to longer term brain disease. These brain injuries are dangerous, cause permanent damage, and lead to near-term cognitive deficits, neurological dysfunction and earlier dementia and depression. There has been an absence of evidence-based risk reduction, prevention, and new concepts to help MTBI victims and their families, until now. Brain In Play’s Brain Performance Enhancement™ (BPE) claims to improve athletic/military performance by optimizing macro-level brain functions. It’s worth taking a second look. And regardless of what additional findings researchers discover, pro and college contact sports’ universal challenge is best answered by ongoing optimizing conditions for brain cell functioning, preservation and growth both before and after a concussive event: Learn how brain performance enhancement can aid in the recovery post-concussion, as a responsible preventative measure and towards treatment for those suffering a brain injury. Joining me are Katherine and Bill White of Brain in Play, LIVE on Wednesday, September 11th @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448 in Canada and United States to ask a question, or email in advance.
Dana Laake and her special guest Ron Murray will be discussing the benefits of CranialSacral Therapy for treatment of concussions.
Ron Murray, Director of the Asclepeion Center for Body Mind Therapy, is a physical therapist, a doctor of integrative medicine, and a trainer of healing professionals. Ron is passionate about the integration of biological medicine with body mind therapies. His specialties include CranioSacral Therapy, Visceral Manipulation, Myofascial Release, and Biological Medicine (a branch of naturopathy).
Chiropractic neurology has been getting added press lately via hockey star, Sidney Crosby, who has been treated successfully for concussion symptoms by chiropractic neurologist, Ted Carrick. Carrick claims that he can treat a variety of brain disorders with manipulation along with targeted exercises. There are miraculous testimonials from people who have had their eyesight and hearing restored, along with those who have recovered from being in a coma.
Dr. Mark Friedman, a chiropractic neurologist who trained under Dr. Ted Carrick, uses the body, adjustments and the environment to bring about improvements to your health. He treats the musculoskeletal system as it interacts with the neurological system to improve your quality of life.
Learn all about Chiropractic Neurology, its application to treatment of concussions and the myriad of benefits over traditional chiropractic care with Dr. Mark Friedman of RightSpine on 10.23.13 @ 7PM EST. Visit BEYONDtheCheers
We now have very reliable proof that tens of thousands of students attending elementary and secondary schools may be walking around with mild traumatic brain injuries that place them at risk for life-altering consequences from multiple concussions.
One in five adolescents surveyed said they had suffered a traumatic brain injury that left them unconscious for five minutes or required them to be hospitalized overnight.
Many school boards may be waiting for the legislation to be passed before they develop or revise their own formal concussion management programs.
Perhaps this should start with teaching injury awareness and fundamentals of prevention to coaches, teachers, parents, student athletes and teams. Let’s start right here at BEYONDtheCheers. I’ll be bringing you up to date with the latest information on concussion management. Learn how you can become more proactive. With me is Robert Kirwan LIVE on Wednesday August 29 @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448 in Canada and United States to ask a question, or email in advance.
There are many terms used to describe injuries to the head. Concussion, mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI), mild closed head injury and mild somatic brain injury have been used frequently in the athletic world. This adds to the confusion of the general public when seeking information about concussive incidents. More education is needed. Even in the medical field more education is required. About 160 out of 233 newly graduated chief residents are uncomfortable treating an athlete with a concussion. Who else is affected? Concussions can affect more than the individual who sustained the injury. The negative impact on the family may include risk of suicide, divorce, chronic unemployment, financial duress due to lost earnings and substance abuse. This has a cascade effect on the rest of the family. Spouses and kids report depression and social isolation from broken family relationships.
There are many myths associated with concussions. Join us in conversation with Dr. Don Brady and Dr. Flo Brady LIVE on Wednesday March 13th @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448 in Canada and United States to ask a question, or email us in advance of our show.
Join Host Live Chats
- Mindzmatter (100 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (68 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (62 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (44 chatters)
- NTEB (41 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (21 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (21 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (20 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (20 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (18 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (18 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (17 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (16 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (16 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (12 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (10 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (10 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (9 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (9 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (9 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (8 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (8 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (7 chatters)
- Chatting with Sherri (6 chatters)
- Life Conversations (6 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- TimBinnall (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (5 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (5 chatters)
- American Statesman (5 chatters)
- FSF Radio (5 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (4 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- wayneG (4 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- Talk2Q (4 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Hot Corner (3 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (3 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- antoinette harrell (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- DocVaj2 (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Lennis (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (2 chatters)
- The Lundyn Brown Show (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- THE NOW NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (1 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- BleachBANGSc (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)