SORT BY Relevancy
Comparison is a thief that comes to steal our joy and strength; making us beat ourselves and others down while making our lives stagnant. Miriam Musau and Charity Maina will enlighten us on the dangers of comparison. Listen live: 619-393-2852 or www.pinnacleofpraiseshow.com. Thanks for choosing Pinnacle of Praise Show. Beatrice Ndura – Host
The old "Comparison Game". . .You know that game. It's the one where you tell yourself, "I can't because she's smarter than me. Or maybe it's she's taller or thinner or better-looking" or -- you fill in the blank. It's the game where you start believing you're just not "enough."
We've all played that game at some point. Maybe you're playing it right now. The trouble is, it's a game you can't win. You end up believing that you don't have what it takes to be successful, that you'll never quite measure up, that you're just not "ready" to live the kind of life you dream about.
Join host Bonnie Pond today for tips you can use to stop beating yourself up. To stop letting The Big Fat Bully in Your Brain keep you from doing what you know deep down inside you want to do. To stop playing The Comparison Game once and for all. Get some tools to play a new kind of game -- one where you set the rules. A game that you can win!
Tune in today if you're fed up with feeling rotten about yourself. If you've had it with feeling like you'll always be "less than" other women. If you are ready to make some small changes that can shift your perspective -- and your life.
Bonnie wrote The Power of Three: How to Be Happy and Get What You Want in Life (Without Doing Anything Illegal, Immoral, or Unethical). Deciding to stop playing The Comparison Game takes practice, but if she can do it, so can YOU.
Join Bougie Girl as she discusses the difference between inspiration and comparison.
It’s human nature to compare yourself to others. This is especially true in accomplished, affluent families. Wealthy families are often driven to be the best. After all, it is this striving for excellence that brought you success in the first place.
But the comparison game is a trap. If you lose the game – which you almost always do – you beat yourself up for not being perfect. If you win, you risk becoming arrogant… or delusional.
Even worse, we’re teaching this message to our children.
Parents pressure them to always achieve more. We want them to win that coveted award… to become captain of the team… and to be accepted into the “right” university.
Nothing short of the best will do.
The result? Both parents and kids live under the constant stress that someone will be “better” than they are.
We all have rounded-out sides. These are our well- developed parts. We also have jagged edges… the parts that need more work. The trouble with comparing is that you tend to slide your own jagged edges up against someone else’s rounded-out sides. And you come up short every time.
People who should listen to this show are entrepreneurs, psychologists, career coaches
Members of the CE Team will be sitting down with special guest Vanessa Petronelli B.A., W.W.H.P. & Certified Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher.
The show will be an open discussion with the loose topics of comparison and the need for approval being the general direction.
Listeners will have the opportunity to type or call in any questions or subjects they would like to discuss with Vanessa and the CE Team.
We invite you all to find out more about Vanessa’s services by viewing her website here: www.openheart-openmind.ca
SUNDAY Nov. 2, 2014 LIVE On Line Radio
NEWS In Review.- News Stories From Jamaica Over The Past Week.
In Focus: In Depth Discussion of News Stories
Main Topic: Special Guest- Ingrid Parchment from C-CAM: Economic Comparison of Alternatives to building a port on Goat Islands: Study
MUSIC- Local And International Artists (Shae Mill, Marcia Griffiths, Elijah, Planet Groove, and more)
Join Your Hosts: Karen Ayee, Steven Smith, Annamarie Hassock & Aven Peralto
5p (PST) 6p (MT/Jam) 7p (CST) 8p (EST)
Contact Us Live In The Studio To Take Part In The Show
914-338-1983 or use Skype
Join Our Face Book Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/no.onportgoatisland/
Web Site: http://www.noportongoatisland.com/
A production of The Peralto JADE Foundation- Jamaica Action, Dialogue, & Education
(a US based registered non-profit/NGO)
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (49 chatters)
- Straitway (30 chatters)
- FionaBenjamin (18 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (9 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (8 chatters)
- The Portal (8 chatters)
- Trek Talking (6 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (5 chatters)
- divinewisdomradio (5 chatters)
- Local Live Music (5 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- 65820 (3 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (3 chatters)
- Powerhouse Ministries Intl (3 chatters)
- The War Room (3 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (2 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (2 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (2 chatters)
- Conservative Report (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (2 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- NWP radio (2 chatters)
- Off the Rails Radio2 (2 chatters)
- Papa CE (1 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- Scott Cluthe and P I Radio (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (1 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (1 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (1 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (1 chatters)
- ATouchofReality (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Curvy Metalhead Show (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- SpiritAliveNetwork (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)